TOP GUN PREVIEW....since we know his riding instructor

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The trailer is aboot all of that I can stand. :thumbdown: And why isn't the pilot in the opening scenes wearing gloves?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I really want it to be good- not sure if it can capture the magic of the original, though- I'll definitely watch it.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
HIGHWAYyyyyyy to...the DANGER ZONE

More ‘original’ content loaded with douchebag machismo for the cheese doodle eating flaming neck tattoo track pants wearing masses

I can’t watch the original, too cheese

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Tom Cruise is the premier action hero in the cinematic universe, with Keanu Reeves mopping up the roles Tom just doesn't have time for.

rumble phish

BAMF+
HIGHWAYyyyyyy to...the DANGER ZONE

More ‘original’ content loaded with douchebag machismo for the cheese doodle eating flaming neck tattoo track pants wearing masses

I can’t watch the original, too cheese
It was a keystone to the young, red-blooded American male of the 80's, and I loved every fucking minute of it. Still get goosebumps when I watch it. My son loved it, too. I also loved every fucking Rocky movie, (most of) JCVD's flicks, Segal's flicks, the "American Ninja" series (well, the first two anyway), and the original "Iron Eagle".

Fuck you, I make NO apologies :fuckyou::cool:

Tom Cruise is the premier action hero in the cinematic universe, with Keanu Reeves mopping up the roles Tom just doesn't have time for.
Holy fuck, I actually agree with Tinhead on something! Gotta check the temperature in hell...

The original was a total cock-fest and it fucking sucked, especially because the enemy planes were fucking Northrops...
Fuck you, you fucking elitist prick! :fu:

(but yeah, that kind of bugged me too but I still loved the movie)

rumble phish

BAMF+
BTW.. that trailer gave me those old goosebumps again. This movie is going to fucking ROCK!

(and the new (last) Rambo!)

Austin_F

BAMF+
Just watched it.

Question: when can I expect this erection to go down?

I kid.

That footage is excellent. If they said tom cruise bought his way into the pilots seat of fighter jets and did his own flying for this movie I'd believe it. That shit looks hella good. *grabs hot cheeto*

They can go ahead and scrub the dancing, piano, volleyball, arguments, etc. Just make a version with the jets and the bikes for me.

and in other "i gotta friend who does cool shit news" related to this thread....

I gotta friend who rebuilds supers for the navy here in jax, took this photo just the other day of the very first superhornet that is slated to be turned into a blue angel as they transition that team from the older f18s

its the f18 used in the movie itself, still has "captain pete mitchell MAVERICK" painted on the side...thought it was pretty cool myself!

1563563850653.png

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
How the fuck is Maverick still only a Captain... and still active...

(a)30 Years of Active Commissioned Service.—

Except as provided in subsection (b) and as provided under section 637(b) or 637a of this title, each officer of the Regular Army,Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps who holds the regular grade of colonel, and each officer of the Regular Navy who holds the regular grade of captain, who is not on a list of officers recommended for promotion to the regular grade of brigadier general or rear admiral (lower half), respectively, shall, if not earlier retired, be retired on the first day of the month after the month in which he completes 30 years of active commissioned service.

(b)Exceptions.—Subsection (a) does not apply to the following:

(1)An officer of the Navy who is designated for limited duty to whom section 8372(a)(4) of this title applies.

(2)

An officer of the Navy or Marine Corps who is a permanent professor at the United States Naval Academy.

Austin_F

BAMF+
They should have promoted him then demoted him to captain for the period the movie covers.

And I thought f15s were in the original movie, when did mav fly an f18 ?

rumble phish

BAMF+

Except as provided in subsection (b) and as provided under section 637(b) or 637a of this title, each officer of the Regular Army,Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps who holds the regular grade of colonel, and each officer of the Regular Navy who holds the regular grade of captain, who is not on a list of officers recommended for promotion to the regular grade of brigadier general or rear admiral (lower half), respectively, shall, if not earlier retired, be retired on the first day of the month after the month in which he completes 30 years of active commissioned service.

(1)An officer of the Navy who is designated for limited duty to whom section 8372(a)(4) of this title applies.

(2)

An officer of the Navy or Marine Corps who is a permanent professor at the United States Naval Academy.
Maybe that's part of the movie's premise. Maybe they're trying to force him into retirement? Or maybe it's just a fucking movie! Sheesh, you sound as bad as LS! :lol:

They should have promoted him then demoted him to captain for the period the movie covers.

They were flying F14 Tomcats in the first movie. They're flying the Super Hornets in the new movie.

Vegas12

BAMF+

Blasphemy!!

The mighty F-15 Eagle has never been a Navy bird (nor has the F16)

There was talk of a "Sea Eagle" but cost and the added weight to make it carrier compatible killed it.

Vegas12

BAMF+

(2)

Don't know if this went through:

Congress is giving the officer promotion system a massive overhaul

But it makes sense since the military has been having trouble retaining officers....especially pilots.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Bad News...just heard on the Radio...we have to wait until Next JUNE for the release:fuckyou:

View attachment 21258
Longer for me....I'll wait for HBO or Showtime.

As much as some of the flight cinematography was fun to look at, the original movie was absolute trash....fucking tom "midget" cruise and his daddy issues. Lack of realism that rivaled a TV episode of CHiP's .....Days of Blunder was just as ignorant.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Have you ever met actual fighter pilots? Not a single one over 6' tall. Most are 5'10" or shorter and weigh under 175lbs. They wouldn't be able to fit in the cockpit of an F18 otherwise.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Have you ever met actual fighter pilots? Not a single one over 6' tall. Most are 5'10" or shorter and weigh under 175lbs. They wouldn't be able to fit in the cockpit of an F18 otherwise.
We have a guy that comes into the junk yard allah tyme that claims he was a fighter pilot to anyone and everyone, over and over, and over. He has the stickers all over his motorcycle and jacket. He is at least six feet tall. Maybe he was, maybe not a fighter pilot. As I kid, I hung out at air bases allah tyme, don't remember seeing any midget pilots, they were all at least as tall as my father, and he was close to six foot tall farm boy. But they were not fat. Finding pilots who are not fat now days is probably tough.

Vegas12

BAMF+

Bullshit....have you???

FWIW, yes, I have met many a fighter pilot during my stint in the Air Force working the flight line.

The height limit is 6'5"......the pilots were not vertically challenged any more or less than the rest of the troops.

Vegas12

BAMF+
We have a guy that comes into the junk yard allah tyme that claims he was a fighter pilot to anyone and everyone, over and over, and over. He has the stickers all over his motorcycle and jacket. He is at least six feet tall. Maybe he was, maybe not a fighter pilot. As I kid, I hung out at air bases allah tyme, don't remember seeing any midget pilots, they were all at least as tall as my father, and he was close to six foot tall farm boy. But they were not fat. Finding pilots who are not fat now days is probably tough.

We did have a colonel (captain in the navy)that had to have harness extenders when he flew.....good to be the king

id imagine there arent alot of 6'5 fighter pilots...if any at all.

anyone in that range is likely flying a transport or tanker. someones gotta fly that rubber dogshit out of hong kong!

Vegas12

BAMF+
id imagine there arent alot of 6'5 fighter pilots...if any at all.

anyone in that range is likely flying a transport or tanker.

Don't know one way or the other, but being that tall does not disqualify one from being a fighter pilot.

Bottom line is being a fighter pilot doesn't automatically mean you're a midget like the faggot scientologist.

"Pilots have to meet the Air Force’s height, weight and physical conditioning requirements. They must be 64 to 77 inches tall when standing, and 34 to 40 inches tall when sitting. They must weigh 160 to 231 pounds, depending on height. Depending on age, men cannot have more than 20 to 24 percent body fat, while women cannot have more than 28 to 32 percent body fat. Pilots also must be able to complete a minimum number of push-ups and sit-ups and finish a timed 1 ½-mile run"

the height requirement is merely for someone to qualify to go to flight school....you are likely correct that there is no hard or fast written rule that says someone 6'5 cant become a fighter pilot...i just dont think its very likely given the size of modern cockpits and ejection seats etc.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Well, when I was coming out of high school I was thinking of joining the military. Any branch, as long as I could fly. I was told by the USAF, Navy, and Marines that I was too tall to be a pilot. I asked about transports and they still said I'd be too tall. I stood 6'5"and 255 lbs at the time.

id also imagine (but havent really done any research on it) that actual fighter pilots are a minority...with the bulk of pilots in all the forces being either helo, or transports, or bombers, or fueler types.

well dang...google proves me wrong.

out of all the planes in the us military, the most prevalent one currently in service is the F16 with nearly 1000 total planes (across the active models). id have never guessed that. next closest is the f15 with 400 or so across all the models.

of course the next few closest at 300/200 range...are tankers and cargo planes =D

rumble phish

BAMF+
Bullshit....have you???

FWIW, yes, I have met many a fighter pilot during my stint in the Air Force working the flight line.

The height limit is 6'5"......the pilots were not vertically challenged any more or less than the rest of the troops.
Yes, I have met many. My father was in the USAF for 30 years. I grew up on AF bases and knew many pilots. My Dad stood 6'4" and towered over every pilot buddy he had. He wanted to be a pilot himself, but his height and vision (he wore glasses) precluded him from it. So yeah, I know a little bit about it.

About a two decades ago I spoke to 3 of the Blue Angels pilots at a local air show. None of the three stood taller than 5'10", and they joked that there was no way in hell I'd fit in the cockpit of an F18. Of course I was 6'6" and 300 lbs at the time!

Last edited:

BigGar

high on placebo
I have a good friend who was a fighter pilot. He's average height and build, but pretty much stays in near Navy Seal physical condition, even now that he's long retired. He's been married for many years and doesn't fuck around on his wife, but I've never hung out with a guy that had whatever it is, pheromones, confidence, I don't fucking know, that attracts women. Jay's a decent looking guy but no movie star. Women literally embarrass themselves around him. It's like going someplace with a celebrity, and the guy is not trying to be anyone he's not or draw attention to himself. Just having a good time. They're stuffing their phone numbers into his pocket, elbowing other girls out of the way to get to him, it's just fucking silly.

Top Bottom