Took a little road trip, 2500 miles in a 33 year old truck....in a couple days.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Traveled thru 16 states, 2500 miles and the truck was flawless. Ran it at 65-70 mph the whole way. Left Portland at 12:30am early Tuesday morning and arrived outside of Austin at 3:00pm Thursday (yesterday) afternoon...beat 🤼‍♂️

B(f)ought it back home to restore, its a very desirable collector truck. 1987 was the last year for the famed square body Chevy trucks. This one is fully loaded 4X4 shortbed stepside that is 100% original with every option except the automatic transmission, it has the truck 4 speed, essentially a 3 speed.

Last edited:
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

you are correct Tim, that’s the SM465. The only thing it needs if your traveling the highway is a gear vendors :cool:

That Saginaw 4spd is as solid a trans as ever made. My little 200 hp v8 will drag a house in low gear

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

no gear change, these are self contained units that bolt up to the transfer case, very cool.
They do an overdrive or are you suggesting a rear end change

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Traveled thru 16 states, 2500 miles and the truck was flawless. Ran it at 65-70 mph the whole way. Left Portland at 12:30am early Tuesday morning and arrived outside of Austin at 3:00pm Thursday (yesterday) afternoon...beat 🤼‍♂️
B(f)ought it back home to restore, its a very desirable collector truck. 1987 was the last year for the famed square body Chevy trucks. This one is fully loaded 4X4 shortbed stepside that is 100% original with every option except the automatic transmission, it has the truck 4 speed, essentially a 3 speed
I just did 2700 miles in a lifestyle truck... avg 75ish. It has heated & cooled seats plus massage. Was able to go 400+ on a tank... probably could have gone 450ish or more if I carried a gas can.
I think I prefer getting up in the morning and heading out versus departing after a work day.
Whats the range on that truck??

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I just did 2700 miles in a lifestyle truck... avg 75ish. It has heated & cooled seats plus massage. Was able to go 400+ on a tank... probably could have gone 450ish or more if I carried a gas can.
I think I prefer getting up in the morning and heading out versus departing after a work day.
Whats the range on that truck??
That Lifestyle truck was more gay than Z's purple Vette. The message seat would take some getting used to, with those things going up your ass.

Z

BAMF+
That Lifestyle truck was more gay than Z's purple Vette. The message seat would take some getting used to, with those things going up your ass.
Leave ,,,my vette,,,,,,,,,,,,, :razz: outta dis... :smashtard:

Am I ''mistaken'' ?? :ducmanic:

don't he,,,, regularly, :confused2: put,,,,,,,,,,,

assorted,,,,,,,,, things up dere ??? :lol:

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Stepsides are the way to go if somebody wants to haul stuff.
Ever see a stepside in any ad for lifestyle trucks?

Top Bottom