Tomorrow - 9/11/2019 - Eighteen years later

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Eightee years ago tomorrow, I called in sick to work, just like many of you in here did.
How many days was it before Rhino finally checked in with us?
Was it more like weeks, or months? I can't remember.

The Twitter and the Facebook's and the rest will all be full of anti-American's who suddenly remember that it's okay to love America.
And then there will be the bashers who just don't understand.

RIP to the innocents and to those who fought to save the innocents.
:fu: to the basturds who planned this out.
1568164805251.png

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
They could a threw in a couple them thermite melted beams in that museum, next to the fire truck, for good effect.

RIP to the poor innocents who sometimes have to die...

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
I came into this site on a lark shortly before 911 (and the first board crash, for those that won't reconcile the Jan 1 2002 join date in my profile)

I've related this before, I was working in Europe when it went down and all I could think about (be fearful about) was my wife, 3 year old son and family far away and felt a profound loneliness and anxiety sitting alone in my flat watching it all unfold. The world pivoted that day. Nothing was ever the same, airports, flying, working...I lived near Radio Free Europe in Prague and it was surrounded by Czech tanks under threat of attack almost immediately after 911 for the remainder of my stay requiring me to take a detour to get to work.

It was also the site of an alleged (by Czech secret service) meeting between the Iraqi ambassador and bin Laden (or his cohorts) and used as evidence by the US to finger Saddam for the attack. So the whole city was constantly under an international microscope and you could feel it in the air

labusas was my main conduit to the mainland reading what you rat fucks were posting during and the days after

911 cemented my membership here :smile2::biggrin:

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I was about 18... My dad wouldn't let me join the military. He was in Vietnam. Unlike our president or Bolton(reserves). His father talked him into learning how to type... A true Remington raider. My father had a slick career located away from the majority of the bullshit, because he went in as an officer. He still was subjected to agent Orange and lost his prostate last year. He went and served his country over seas.

That's what 9 11 means to me. My old man, saved me from blind patriotism.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I need to get down to the 9/11 memorial someday.

I hate the place... it a circus not a memorial. It has become a tourist location .... the family only area in more in tune with a memorial.. the off limit section that is a time capsule tomb of the unidentified is what brings some realness to it all that not many will ever get to see.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Called "cartoon physics"
When an aluminum plane perforates heavy steel beams and 8 floors of concrete... Then without a wing breaking or any shown deformation of the plane, continues to cut down steel and concrete until the NOSE OF THE PLANE is seen going out the other end!

Lol guys... Fucking lol.
IMG_20190911_081934.jpg

IMG_20190911_082459.jpg

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
I didnt have the luxury of calling in... I remember the folks that just had to get their project finished and were pretty flippant about what was happening.

CID

BAMF+
It's surreal to think that the kids over there humping today weren't even around when this all went down.

I remember the first time looking out over the rail as a teenager on the observing floor of the twin tower to see a plane out there flying below where I was standing.

You'd lose a sense of how high you really were up there.

The lobby was huge, the line of elevators and the sensation of speed traveling in them....and standing outside looking in and up giving a sense of how very small you are in the world.

Now when I see a movie with the Twins in the background I have a sense of nostalgia. Having been lucky enough to have experienced those feelings. Seeing them now is like running across an old picture of an old high school friend

Terry_Schiavo

I flew into NJ at the end of Sept... there was a hole just billowing smoke visible from across the river. My editor friend told me TBS and related stations started editing movies and shows with the towers visible in them.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The Towers weren't completed yet when I was there so, we didn't get to go up in them.

I do recall the canyon like sense of NYC though.

The Empire State Building was awesome all by itself as was the Statue of Liberty, both of which I climbed/rode to the top of.

I also recall one or our Carriers pulling in to NYH and being dumbfounded at the sheer size of that ship.

Great place to see just for the spectacle of it alone.

I recall watching the second plane hit that morning and trying to contact family in the area and those traveling back to the US.
It took forever to get through just to hear their voices.

The rest of the morning was spent comforting Mom and myself on the phone as we watched it all unfold on TV.

It's still heartbreaking with all the suffering that went on that day and for some every day since.

God Bless all those involved; the innocent, the first responders and all the families directly effected that day.

CID

BAMF+
Was at a work seminar at a Hilton when the room full of people at a break started a low rumble of talk with concern. I heard a plane had crashed into one of the towers.

A few weeks before some kid had flown a plane into the side of a building... I think it was Miami? So that's what I was thinking.

Went down to the closed lobby bar that had a tv up in the corner. Maybe 10 other people in there watching the smoke billow out of the tower from the 1st one.

Then the 2nd one hit. I couldn't believe my eyes. A gasp from the group. We all looked at each other, as if to get some sign of another's face that what the other person saw was in fact what you just saw.

And then it hit me like a brick that we were under some sort of attack and that it was probably Al Qaeda. I gathered up my group having told them what was happening and headed home.

Standing there in my living room watching the news later thinking to myself that we were going to kill Saddam Hussein this time around, like we should have done the first time since he was probably the guy that backed it.

gsxrian

BAMF
Was at a work seminar at a Hilton when the room full of people at a break started a low rumble of talk with concern. I heard a plane had crashed into one of the towers.

A few weeks before some kid had flown a plane into the side of a building... I think it was Miami? So that's what I was thinking.

Went down to the closed lobby bar that had a tv up in the corner. Maybe 10 other people in there watching the smoke billow out of the tower from the 1st one.

Then the 2nd one hit. I couldn't believe my eyes. A gasp from the group. We all looked at each other, as if to get some sign of another's face that what the other person saw was in fact what you just saw.

And then it hit me like a brick that we were under some sort of attack and that it was probably Al Qaeda. I gathered up my group having told them what was happening and headed home.

Standing there in my living room watching the news later thinking to myself that we were going to kill Saddam Hussein this time around, like we should have done the first time since he was probably the guy that backed it.
It was in Tampa.

2002 Tampa Cessna 172 crash - Wikipedia

CID

BAMF+
well shit.. that memory is all ass backwards then. :eek:

Maybe I was thinking the KID was Al Qaeda. I do remember a Hilton and a bar though.... pretty sure it was closed too. :girl-wacko: :lol:

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
I was watching CNN at home before going to work when I watched the second plane hit. I could hardly believe my eyes. A very sad day.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I remember my liberal cock sucker friend Scott telling me, "if we only treated muslims better, they wouldn't hate us as much".

I wonder if he still feels that way 18 years later?

FB_IMG_1568211021828.jpg

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
A deplorable legacy is that of the 'new' trade tower built in place of the WTC

It is not worthy

I ache whenever I see the skyline now

The twin towers were majesty. Along with the Empire State Building, they made the NYC skyline the most iconic skyline in the world

The new tower does not honor the WTC, and it cheapens the city with its lie of 1776 feet. The antennae DOESN'T count :fu:

It symbolizes compromise, and the REAL NYC was never about compromises

Aqualung

BAMF
No, it is called kinetic energy. But, being that you aren't an engineer, I don't expect you to understand the phrase

Called "cartoon physics"
When an aluminum plane perforates heavy steel beams and 8 floors of concrete... Then without a wing breaking or any shown deformation of the plane, continues to cut down steel and concrete until the NOSE OF THE PLANE is seen going out the other end!

Lol guys... Fucking lol.
View attachment 23636

View attachment 23637

Aqualung

BAMF
Also, to show a picture of a person that had to make the ultimate decision, in front of obvious entrance scar, is pretty deplorable.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
1568235670499.png

THE FINAL RUN OF LADDER 118

In this picture Ladder 118 can be seen responding to the World Trade Center disaster. The firefighters hopped into the truck after the second plane and rushed to the scene. All were killed during the tower's collapse and their bodies were all found together.

1568235756702.png

The duty board from that day remains untouched

1568235791080.png

Lt. Joseph Agnello
Firefighter Vernon Cherry
Firefighter Scott Davidson
Firefighter Leon Smith Jr.
Firefighter Peter Vega
Lt. Robert Wallace
Lt. Robert Regan
Captain Martin Egan

Some hard stuff being posted out there today bringing the feels...

One of the victims son called out that piece of shit Omar on her "some people did something" comment. About fucking time...muzzy fuckin libtard.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
No, it is called kinetic energy. But, being that you aren't an engineer, I don't expect you to understand the phrase
Think what an ice cube can do to planet earth. Sometimes called a comet...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Also, to show a picture of a person that had to make the ultimate decision, in front of obvious entrance scar, is pretty deplorable.

That is why I dont post any pics of those days.. I find it WRONG... it's a respect thing... even if they are stargers some one loved them.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Hey 9/11 wasn't a total waste. Donal Trump got to brag that he has the tallest building just a few hours after the WTC fell.

not sure how that fits in with the tone of this thread.

Terry_Schiavo

learned today the first firefighter lost was killed by a jumper... others were saved by simply changing their routine..

not sure how that fits in with the tone of this thread.
Between...

whitey posting pics of people jumping out windows calling it a conspiracy...
00green for his Omar comments...
YSR for his liberal comment....
squiddy boy for his "thank god I didn't join the military for blind patriotism" comment...

And you two knuckleheads want to jump my nuts for "tone"?

Kick rocks. :fu:

Austin_F

BAMF+
it's a 9/11 thread. Can you dredge up an ounce of self control today?

Have a better evening.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Between...

whitey posting pics of people jumping out windows calling it a conspiracy...
00green for his Omar comments...
YSR for his liberal comment....
squiddy boy for his "thank god I didn't join the military for blind patriotism" comment...

And you two knuckleheads want to jump my nuts for "tone"?

Kick rocks. :fu:
Didn t even notice the guy flying out the window. I posted the pic cause it showed huge steel I beams every 40 inches, surrounded by concrete. Pic showes the angle "of the plane hitting" which if you look at other pics and count, it's roughly 8 floors of concrete slab and steel that the plane penetrated and came out!!!! the other side of the building. That's one kinetic motherfucking plane lemme tell you...

Aqualung

BAMF
So, you don't understand the ballistics of a small caliber hollow point bullet. It's kinetic energy that allows the bullet to expand from a small entrance wood, to a large exit would. Destroying everything in between.

Aqualung

BAMF
The Thermodynamics of 9/11
You should read this. Now I know there is math and physics you don't understand, not being an engineer - or being educated at all, it should some what help you understand the physics of what happened. But. probably not. It takes a bit of IQ to understand it. Being that you are a non Caucasian mongrel, I don't expect you have it.

Top Bottom