Thunderhill Track days 2021 and a fuck you to 2020

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
That is an incredible offer I can not pass on. Feb 6&7 would be the soonest I could do the local days. I was planning on riding the 07 gsxr 1000. If you think I'd be better off on the R6 just let me know as I was not planning on bringing it.
Ok I'll put it on my calendar. I don't think it matters what bike you ride. I'll probably ride my r6 and maybe my Duc.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Ok I'll put it on my calendar. I don't think it matters what bike you ride. I'll probably ride my r6 and maybe my Duc.
I will start working on my trip and let you know if there's any changes :up:

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Did you get anyone else to bite on the track day and circle a definite date?

BigGar

high on placebo
I'll let you know.
It's a bit far from home to do a track day in my McLaren, unless I trailer it.
Danno,

You should look at Thermal for some track time. It's a world class facility out by Indio, CA. Balls hot in the summer but fucking paradise right now. I'll bet some McLaren lads get together there on the regular.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Did you get anyone else to bite on the track day and circle a definite date?
Schiavo will probably show for a couple of them, Stites also likely. Gar usually decides on his way to the airport. I'm trying to get my shit together and get out of here to head to Chuckwalla to ride with Stuman for that February date.

I have a lot of shit going on here at the moment, need to settle a couple of projects down before I jump.

CZLoco

Good to hear.
What year is BusaPwr's old 1K that you have been using, and I guess bought from him awhile back?

BigGar

high on placebo
Good to hear.
What year is BusaPwr's old 1K that you have been using, and I guess bought from him awhile back?
I think he bought it in about 2008 but it sat in my garage for about five years before he finally picked it up. šŸ˜…
The storage bill was incredible and included lifetime riding privileges and unlimited whiskey (not at the same time).

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Danno,

You should look at Thermal for some track time. It's a world class facility out by Indio, CA. Balls hot in the summer but fucking paradise right now. I'll bet some McLaren lads get together there on the regular.
Gar, I appreciate the info. There are other tracks that are closer to me in Arizona. Colorado, and Texas. There is even a track in Albuquerque.
If I manage to make it to Thunderhill, I'd likely trailer both the Busa and the McLaren assuming I've got the Busa running by then.
I haven't ridden in 12 years and am getting itchy to do so!

CZLoco

the War Horse is an 05. You should come ride it.
If I can figure out how to have my dogs taken care of while I'm gone, I may take you up on that offer. Thanks!

I've seen it being manhandled around Willow Springs when busapwr used to race there.
Speaking of which, I just checked Willow's calendar and don't see any motorycle racing on it. I wonder if that club was disbanded?

CZLoco

Is anyone going to be at Thunder Hill the weekend of the 20-21st February?

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Is anyone going to be at Thunder Hill the weekend of the 20-21st February?
I'll be at Thunderhill 2/28 and 3/1 next. Fun Track Dayz is running the east track (3 miles)

I'm currently sitting on Stites's couch watching snow bikes on his tv, leaving for chuckwalla either tomorrow afternoon or early Friday morning.

CZLoco

I'll be at Thunderhill 2/28 and 3/1 next.
Unfortunately, I don't think that date is going to work for me.
But on the off chance that I could go... what are you doing for tire changes?
Do you have a tire machine in your garage there?
Buying your rubber from Bombaybusa?

BigGar

high on placebo
I think the Warhorse tires have another trackday in them or two. Tire warmers make them last so much longer. Heat cycling kills tires. When each trackday turns into one heat cycle instead of eight, it helps a lot.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I could pick your bike up in SoCal after the 19th (20th I have time and again on the 22nd) haul it to Thunderhill. You could either get a set of tires mounted there at the tire shop (Thunderhill), or we could run the War Horse tires. I could probably swing by Bombay's and grab tires for you too. I'll probably be landing in Socal on the 19th, be leaving that area on the 25th headed north again. I'm sure I can get you in the trailer.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I can haul it to Thunderhill and he can either leave it there for while, or longer, then ship it back after etc...

CZLoco

I could pick your bike up in SoCal after the 19th (20th I have time and again on the 22nd) haul it to Thunderhill. You could either get a set of tires mounted there at the tire shop (Thunderhill), or we could run the War Horse tires. I could probably swing by Bombay's and grab tires for you too. I'll probably be landing in Socal on the 19th, be leaving that area on the 25th headed north again. I'm sure I can get you in the trailer.
Thank you, Sir.
A seriously gracious offer, and one that I'm leaning towards accepting if other things fall into place!
Would there be some way for me to get the cash to you to hand to the dealer in Santa Monica? To pay for the bike? They are expecting cash.

CZLoco

I sent a message to Fun Track Dayz asking about the cost of one day vs two days.
They advertise something called "double" but aren't clear what that is.
I just figured out the cost though. $275 for two days (28th & 1st).

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I sent a message to Fun Track Dayz asking about the cost of one day vs two days.
DO IT

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
btw I signed up in the intermediate group, sometimes I'll switch groups later, but if you stay in that one I'll probably do the same.

I haver tire warmers and stands for you to use.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Thank you, Sir.
A seriously gracious offer, and one that I'm leaning towards accepting if other things fall into place!
Would there be some way for me to get the cash to you to hand to the dealer in Santa Monica? To pay for the bike? They are expecting cash.
Not a problem, do you have a deposit on it now?

CZLoco

btw I signed up in the intermediate group, sometimes I'll switch groups later, but if you stay in that one I'll probably do the same.
I've signed up as intermediate on my last couple trackdays as well.
I usually seem to be somewhere in the middle as far as rider skill goes in that class.

I haver tire warmers and stands for you to use.
That would be great! Thanks!

Not a problem, do you have a deposit on it now?
Yep, already put a $500 deposit via wire.

Geez, count me in Maui! After 2020 I think we deserve to have some fun!
I'M GOING TO THUNDERHILL!

CZLoco

Feb 28th/March 1st. See you there, fucker! :fu:

Any chance Stites or anyone else can make it?
Never met Stites yet.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Iā€™ll be drinking from Chuckwalla the Thursday before

CZLoco

I'm just waiting on FunTrackDayz to respond to my request for "coupons for the thunderhill newbie".
My local trackday school gives half-price to anyone riding with them for the first time.
I think I'm being ignored though. :roll:

I'll be signing up for both days even if I don't get any cool coupons.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
I'm just waiting on FunTrackDayz to respond to my request for "coupons for the thunderhill newbie".
My local trackday school gives half-price to anyone riding with them for the first time.
I think I'm being ignored though. :roll:

I'll be signing up for both days even if I don't get any cool coupons.

Just use their 2 day $275 pass and get it bought. It's not uncommon for these track days to sale out and go to a waiting list weeks before the track day. Also $275 for two days on the historic 3 mile track is cheap my friend.

CZLoco

Stites Stites thank you for the PM. I'll fly in on Friday night and ride out with you guys!

I'll be riding home to TX after Mondays trackay, via Los Angeles so I can spend a couple days with family & friends. And ride Latigo Canyon (and others) again!

Then depending on weather, I will either take the 10 freeway all the way home or take the 40 through upper Arizona/New Mexico to ride some terrific roads on the way home.

CZLoco

Just use their 2 day $275 pass and get it bought. It's not uncommon for these track days to sale out and go to a waiting list weeks before the track day. Also $275 for two days on the historic 3 mile track is cheap my friend.
I'll do that if they don't respond by COB today!

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
so if you choose the double option its paying to ride 2 groups on the same day.
Something Ive never seen at any org because it requires someone with ALOT of ride fitness & accuity. Youd be riding 40 mins out of every hour...lol You would find out real quick with a 30 min session how good your fitness is...lol. Probably not as good as an "open" type day... but not a bad option to turn some laps.

Last edited:

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
so if you choose the double option its paying to ride 2 groups on the same day.
Something Ive never seen at any org because it requires someone with ALOT of ride fitness & accuity. Youd be riding 40 mins out of every hour...lol You would find out real quit with a 30 min session how good your fitness is...lol. Probably not as good as an "open" type day... but not a bad option to turn some laps.
Yeah I am usually gassed after 20 minutes and sometimes if I am riding harder will even coming in early. Last time riding the West Track with Dino he really pushed me and I was winded at the end of the session.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Yeah I am usually gassed after 20 minutes and sometimes if I am riding harder will even coming in early. Last time riding the West Track with Dino he really pushed me and I was winded at the end of the session.
When you and I were playing I was done by about fifteen minutes. But damn what a great time.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Booked my april reservations... arrive 4/2 @ noon depart 4/5 @ noon from SMF. Got a car & room.

The advanced booking for Carters closes on March 3. Prepay is $17 cheaper. $306 for 2 days

Last edited:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
When I was 36 or so, I could use the last 4 or 5 minutes of the Intermediate session to go out and warm up my tires, so I could come in and then immediately circle around and go right back out all warmed up and get a good 20 minute session in.

Now at 68, I wouldn't last a 20 minute session at full chat... :sad:

I probably should. And it's been under consideration...

Truck needed some looking at, that's done.

When I'm on the bike, I'm not afraid of getting hurt, when I'm not, I am. I know that doesn't make sense.

I don't have another recovery in me, I do, but I don't want to spend that token.

Who can drive my truck back if I decide to have a yard sale with the K7? And end up needing medical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom