Thunderhill Track days 2021 and a fuck you to 2020

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
first off.....fuck 2020. what a bitch of a year.

now for '21...

Carters came out with their track day schedule, Carters@theTrack

this is assuming California will be open

I'm probably going to do the East track March 13&14 and the West track April 3rd and 4th. More to follow.

Its a little more fun (easier?) for me on the West side as the shop is right there which makes for a better spot to ride from plus its easy to pull the grill's out and have a big barbecue. This year I want to see about getting another full size refrigerator in the shop and maybe another couch as casting productions have seemingly expanded.

The east track is a 5 minute drive/ride from the shop..(?) It also rides a lot different, it's bigger, faster turns, seems like more room at any given time. Its a great track.

just throwing it out there.

Carters:
Febuary 15th Laguna Seca Raceway (Presidents Day)
March 13th-15th Thunderhill East (NRS on the 14th)
March 22nd. Sonoma Raceway
April 3rd-4th Thunderhill West
April 12th Sonoma Raceway
May 3rd-4th. Thunderhill East (Ken Hill Advanced Schoool)
May 8th-9th. Thunderhill West (Shemoto's Ladies Weekend)
May 24th-25th Thunderhill East (Ken Hill Novice/Intermediate School)
June 5th-6th Buttonwillow (Original track, AFM Race configuration)
June 25th Thunderhill East (AFM Friday)
July 24th-25th. Thunderhill East
August 9th Sonoma Raceway
August 14th-15th Thunderhill East
Sept 5th-6th Thunderhill East
Sept 10th Thunderhill East (AFM Friday)
October 11th Sonoma Raceway
October 23rd-24th Thunderhill West
November 1st-2nd. Thunderhill East (Ken Hill Advanced School)

As more dates get posted I'll try to keep up. If you're interested in doing one of these track days speak up. The last one we had a good turn out with several bikes running in multiple groups. I think we have 7 bikes there now, more maybe (definitely) on the way.

Even if you're not going to ride we can alway use help with general mayhem and such. It's easy to stay entertained and there's plenty of opportunity.

Hotels in Willows are close, or you can camp at the track, probably in the shop if you like which means you also have power. I generally try to stay at the Holiday inn express in Willows

Standard track day rules apply (maui version)

Also I'm going to try and head to Chuckwalla late January or early February, don't have any dates set up yet but I will be most likely checking with the local riff raft in Southern California soon. I'd like to do a couple racer schools and track days. Kinda need to get organized on that. I have some new ventures I"m looking at for '21 which should put me more in the vicinity for track days...I hope.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Definitely going to join you in a few of those sessions this year and if at all possible it would be awesome to do the Ken Hill School if we can get our schedules to sync up.

Also please feel free to bug the shit out of me about a couch and a fridge, I will gladly take care of those items. I just get busy and forget to look.

Thanks for all you do to make it to where this group can get together and ride fast motorcycles on a track, the get togethers are nothing short of awesome. Except when that weirdo Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo is there in his spandex asking racers if they want a free massage.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Definitely going to join you in a few of those sessions this year and if at all possible it would be awesome to do the Ken Hill School if we can get our schedules to sync up.

Also please feel free to bug the shit out of me about a couch and a fridge, I will gladly take care of those items. I just get busy and forget to look.

Thanks for all you do to make it to where this group can get together and ride fast motorcycles on a track, the get togethers are nothing short of awesome. Except when that weirdo Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo is there in his spandex asking racers if they want a free massage.
I could ask him not to read this thread..

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I'll be coaching for racers edge at Chuckwalla 1/27 and 1/28. There is a track day 1/29 and I'll be there teaching the New Racer School. The weekend is CVMA racing.

I have a supermoto school scheduled at Adams on 1/17

In feb I'll be out at Chuckwalla 2/25 and 2/26. Coaching for racers edge on the 25th.

I have a supermoto school on 2/21.

Jan 9th and 10th is a SoCalTrackDays no sessions track day weekend. I could attend. It's open track all weekend. Same for Feb 6 and 7.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I'll be coaching for racers edge at Chuckwalla 1/27 and 1/28. There is a track day 1/29 and I'll be there teaching the New Racer School. The weekend is CVMA racing.

In feb I'll be out at Chuckwalla 2/25 and 2/26. Coaching for racers edge on the 25th.

Jan 9th and 10th is a SoCalTrackDays no sessions track day weekend. I could attend. It's open track all weekend. Same for Feb 6 and 7.
Thanks Stu, I'm going to include those dates in my planning, they look exactly like what I need..

I've been wanting to do the Supermoto school as well for some time now. Right now my KTM is getting a refresh (spoke with them yesterday) so I will make sure it goes in the box before I head south. It's a little on the heavy side but I think I can color between the lines.

For the racers edge school how many people are in a typical class? Do they sell out?

how far is it to Adams from CVR?

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem

I'm not able to get to the west coast until after the 20th probably. The Supermoto school on 2/21 looks doable though

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Dan there are 2 tracks at Thunderhill and it's more the rule then the exception that one side is running cars and the other side is running bikes. I know one of the guys who coaches for drivers edge he'd probably have some insight. Let me know if you want me to give him a call.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I was surprised to see that they do at the Nurburgring
waaaaay bigger circuit too

on the 3 mile track you still get groups bunched up. It would get really ugly really fast..the 2 mile course is even more technical

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I would think trailering it would be the way to go. You can probably get it in the shop at night too if you want

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Depending on if they run a track day or school day for cars theres probably something there for you. They also often will run a SCCA Solo I event at the same time if you wanna go murder some cones. Might not be the best use of your paint job though

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Racers Edge is private track days and coaching. You can do the track day without coaching is you like. Wednesdays are really small, probably 10-15 people at the track total. Thursdays have a few more people, like 30 maybe. Coaching is 1-1 or 1-3 max. They don't sell out. Racers Edge is Dale Keiffer, I think you know him...

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Racers Edge is private track days and coaching. You can do the track day without coaching is you like. Wednesdays are really small, probably 10-15 people at the track total. Thursdays have a few more people, like 30 maybe. Coaching is 1-1 or 1-3 max. They don't sell out. Racers Edge is Dale Keiffer, I think you know him...
If (when) I'm going to trailer south to CVR I'm going to maximize my time there. The reason I want to make that trip is for the coaching. I can basically find my way around a track but I really need to work with somebody at this point or I'm just going to be getting better at bad habits....which is not the program

Dale had a shop at Thunderhill for a while but I"m pretty sure he did not renew his lease.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
If (when) I'm going to trailer south to CVR I'm going to maximize my time there. The reason I want to make that trip is for the coaching. I can basically find my way around a track but I really need to work with somebody at this point or I'm just going to be getting better at bad habits....which is not the program

Dale had a shop at Thunderhill for a while but I"m pretty sure he did not renew his lease.
In my very humble opinion, this right here is how you can step up massively. Set your ego aside, take the instruction, listen. Attitude. Impressive Maui, especially for someone at your level.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
April 16-18 is slated for MotoGP in Austin, TX.

Get here a week early and you can do your track day on the MotoGP COTA track!

Last edited:
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Maui, if you like I can coach you 1-1 at the SoCal Track days weekends as well.
That is an incredible offer I can not pass on. Feb 6&7 would be the soonest I could do the local days. I was planning on riding the 07 gsxr 1000. If you think I'd be better off on the R6 just let me know as I was not planning on bringing it.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
April 16-18 is slated for MotoGP in Austin, TX.

Get here a week early and you can do your track day on the MotoGP COTA track!
Towing from California to Texas is a long haul. I would consider it but might need to split the driving. I also might just keep rolling east after that.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
are you staying from March to April? Defintely down for April. Can we crash Stites Stites He owes us!!! :) Plus I need to do my 2nd interview at Juicys
not sure, if I do then I might try and get that Sonoma day or head back to Park City for a bit. There were a couple of stones up there left uncovered...

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
You can stop here on the way depending on your route
the trip might depend on if I can upgrade my trailer to a toy hauler. I'm past sleeping in the back seat of my truck for days on end..

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
are you still working on the R3 deal?

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
are you still working on the R3 deal?
not really as it was a 3rd party type of sale and it would have been too complex to involve so many people. There is an R3 and zx400 in Atlanta for reasonable money. All stock but 2019 and 2020 models

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
you want me to stick the R1 in there? I probably have room.

Top Bottom