Thunderhill Track days 2021 and a fuck you to 2020..next May 2nd and 6th 3mile, May 8&9 on 2 mile, May 10&11 3 mile, *Ridge 29-31

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Here's my first GoPro video with the new Hero 9 Pra sent last week. Excellent video quality, but I need to mount and position the camera a little better next time.

After a brake issue and a tire issue on the Warhorse I thought it would be fun to ride Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo's Mighty Ninja 300 in A on the 3 mile track.

As you can see keeps up fine in the corners, gets slaughtered everywhere else. Saw a top speed of 102 on the front straight yesterday versus the Warhorse was around 155-158 if I recall.

Fast forward to the 2 minute mark if you don't want to watch the slower first lap as I put some heat into the tires. Cameo visit for a a few corners by maui maui at the 2:45 mark, black and white leathers and bike.

Last edited:
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Major track withdrawals today, can't reengage back into work life.

A few weeks ago in my ride report I mentioned a wreck that happened in front of Jeff and I on the 2 mile track. Yesterday my friend Lisa who is a control rider for Carter's showed Jeff and I the video her friend got.

Jeff is on the Husky and in white leathers and I am behind the bike videoing.

the guy who chucked it after the other guy low sided in front of him, I had passed maybe 10 times in that session. I kept making really low key outside passes on him, he'd pass me on the straight away, I was getting pretty tired at that point.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
the guy who chucked it after the other guy low sided in front of him, I had passed maybe 10 times in that session. I kept making really low key outside passes on him, he'd pass me on the straight away, I was getting pretty tired at that point.
that is what annoys me. You put clean passes on people and they think you want to "race" by trying to take back the position on a straight away.
No dumbass... I dont race trackday middle group morons. I would gladly grid up with them if they hold an actual race license in the appropriate skill group.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I was about to shift to the fuck it mode with the guy and stuff him in 1. I dont wanna stand anyone up but if he stayed on the pavement he might not have caught back up.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Just saw the same guy. He told me he runs 2:03's on the east side

I kinda think he means February 3rd..

Last edited:

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
View attachment 62899
A few weeks ago in my ride report I mentioned a wreck that happened in front of Jeff and I on the 2 mile track. Yesterday my friend Lisa who is a control rider for Carter's showed Jeff and I the video her friend got.

Jeff is on the Husky and in white leathers and I am behind the bike videoing.

Dude on the blue bike took too wide of an apex?

Same thing happened to me when I was there with you guys.
Rider in front of me lowsided. I pulled a Jeff and just missed her head by a couple inches.
I was videoing, but this was when I was still learning the GoPro setup and the camera had just fallen off its mount a few turns earlier.
So the camera was rolling but it was filming the sky. :roll:

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Little bonuses for the R6. Pranav sent me a quick shifter, new brake lines, clip ons. The hardware for the shifter required a little massaging but luckily it was pretty easy to overcome.

Hopefully I’ll get it loaded up along with the Husky and be heading to Thunderhill tomorrow.
30271BF1-8C49-443D-BF87-33A82F3BCF89.jpegF9582C3C-FA6F-4DFE-B483-F491004F9F42.jpeg

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
[threadjack] Anyone out there need a tail for a ZX-6? I have one here that's in my way. If you don't have a bike for it, you could saw it in half and make some cool wall art with it! 🤷‍♂️
Looks like Airtech is getting $198 for 'em.

KAWASAKI ZX6R 1995-97, ZX 6R fairing, fairings, tail, seat, front fender, rear hugger, upper, lower, bellypan, fuel tank, undertail, air box, air ducts, Ninja, EX 250, 500, ZX 600, ZX6, ZX7R, ZX9, ZX9R, ZX10, ZX11, ZX12, KZ 400, 550, 650, 750, 900, 1000, 1100, ZRX, 1200, H1, H2, H1R, H2R, GPZ (airtech-streamlining.com)

[/threadjack]

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
fun times this last weekend. Rode the R6 Saturday counter clockwise Thill west. Thanks to Pranav for once again making my ride great. Pacific Track Time was the event promoter. They do a good job. Control riders being control riders, not ego maniacs.

Sunday new tires for the Husky was good. Started to rain around 11. Low sided coming out of turn 7 on the cold wet track. Bike was of course fine. Should'a known better but I was having fun. Picked the Husky back up and rode it in. Had to go through tech again, one of the staffers said why are we even teching this bike...its a supermoto..its fine.

Sun came out again, and I got 3 more sessions in the afternoon.

Some guy on a Ducati came to my garage and said I should give him more room when I pass. Was quite upset (*note to self buy Kleenex). He said evidently because I out broke him going into a turn...So his brilliant plan was to grid behind me, (he later told me) "let me go" in front and counted to 15 before he took off....you know to make sure I was on the other side of the track...4 laps later I had caught him and passed him again. He almost crashed trying to run wide to give me room...cause the 15' passing zone he needed....he told me he didn't want to ever see me again. Funny when sport bikes passed him close it was fine...This was all my fault evidently. I asked one of the control riders about it, he and I almost came together coming out of 6, (he said it was 100% his fault). He suggested that the Ducati guy ride in B maybe.

Stites

My bride and her friend had an awesome weekend riding their 400’s. My wife is hooked as well.......with me and the girls all wanting to be track junkies I need a 2nd and a 3rd job.

Money will come and go, the memories will last a lifetime.
6DCB6D30-A125-4D61-913C-96527FA860C8.jpeg3AF92621-9DBD-472D-B8DE-DFB44525EB95.jpeg

Wretch

amazingly graceful
fun times this last weekend. Rode the R6 Saturday counter clockwise Thill west. Thanks to Pranav for once again making my ride great. Pacific Track Time was the event promoter. They do a good job. Control riders being control riders, not ego maniacs.

Sunday new tires for the Husky was good. Started to rain around 11. Low sided coming out of turn 7 on the cold wet track. Bike was of course fine. Should'a known better but I was having fun. Picked the Husky back up and rode it in. Had to go through tech again, one of the staffers said why are we even teching this bike...its a supermoto..its fine.

Sun came out again, and I got 3 more sessions in the afternoon.

Some guy on a Ducati came to my garage and said I should give him more room when I pass. Was quite upset (*note to self buy Kleenex). He said evidently because I out broke him going into a turn...So his brilliant plan was to grid behind me, (he later told me) "let me go" in front and counted to 15 before he took off....you know to make sure I was on the other side of the track...4 laps later I had caught him and passed him again. He almost crashed trying to run wide to give me room...cause the 15' passing zone he needed....he told me he didn't want to ever see me again. Funny when sport bikes passed him close it was fine...This was all my fault evidently. I asked one of the control riders about it, he and I almost came together coming out of 6, (he said it was 100% his fault). He suggested that the Ducati guy ride in B maybe.

You should carry a yardstick along for the ride...

...if you get close to him or he to you, you can use the yardstick to check that you're at least 3 feet from him as you go by...

...or maybe it should be a meter stick?

Either way I'm sure he'd appreciate the effort you'd be making to ensure he had enough room.

Hey, you know, I just had another though; he may have a stick up his ass that is making it difficult to not be so fixated on his line so he can move around at speed?
Suggest he check and remove it, maybe?
Probably only a 12" ruler up there though so, you wouldn't be able to use it to measure with as well as you could with a meter stick.

I hope these thoughts help for next time. :smile2:

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
You should carry a yardstick along for the ride...

...if you get close to him or he to you, you can use the yardstick to check that you're at least 3 feet from him as you go by...

...or maybe it should be a meter stick?

Either way I'm sure he'd appreciate the effort you'd be making to ensure he had enough room.

Hey, you know, I just had another though; he may have a stick up his ass that is making it difficult to not be so fixated on his line so he can move around at speed?
Suggest he check and remove it, maybe?
Probably only a 12" ruler up there though so, you wouldn't be able to use it to measure with as well as you could with a meter stick.

I hope these thoughts help for next time. :smile2:
I think I am going to take Schaivo’s advice and just keep doing what I’m doing. AC7BDADD-77B9-4886-930F-4F369ED3BBFB.jpeg
6124D6DB-4737-43F6-A61E-3CE901B052CB.jpeg

Stites

Thunderhill Story:

Sunday morning I saddle up on the Warhorse ready to ensue into battle. First session out I decide that I need to take 3-4 laps to get to know the new and improved Warhorse. I get the tires up to temp and the bike feels good, really good. As we keep doing laps I am thinking everything is good and I can increase the pace. I don’t and continue to ride at a slower but still brisk pace as we just completely tore into this bike days earlier and had much of it tore apart. Finish the session happy that she performed so well and think after a quick glance over everything she’s ready to go a bit faster.

Session two and Jeff is on the K7 and like usual is ripping. After a lap or two I can’t keep up and he slowly continues to pull away and disappear. Then suddenly I am pulling him in closer and closer until I am almost caught up and he pulls off the track. I finish the session and come in to find him tearing the K7 down. Apparently the belly pan had some oil in it and was making the rear tire slide around so he pulled in thinking the tire was gone.

We worked on it a bit searching for where the oil was coming. With no real culprit found it was decided he would tech the R6 and ride it instead. First session out on the R6 and it appears he can’t shake me, I am riding like Valentino Rossi and am right on his ass. I even went for the pass several times but decided against it unless it was super clean and safe. We finish the session and I am all excited I kept pace with Jeff the entire session. I am also thinking I wish I would of had the GoPro mounted and videoing. Super fun session and I was excited about it because I can never keep him insight for more than a few laps and this time out I had opportunities to pass.

We come in and he pulls the tires and takes them over to the Pirelli guy and says these slicks need to be changed out. All the while I am all happy and shit and can’t wait for the next session. Maybe I can stick the pass the next session. Maybe we will just have an epic battle?

He gets his tires back from the Pirelli guy Chris and we rush to get them mounted as the next session is about ready to start. Once done we go out with about half a session remaining. All is well as he does a few laps to scrub in and warm the new tires. I am in tow and waiting for the pace to increase after he’s comfortable with the new tires. Finally on lap three he ups the pace and I am like here we go!

And the story ends like this......this mother fucker has new slicks on and absolutely fucking crushed my soul, I couldn’t keep up if I fucking tried. He just kept getting further and further away. A straight away would come up and I am thinking I am on a 1000 and will reel him in, big fucking nope!! And it go worse as the day went on because he got faster with each session, like he got used to those tires or some soul crushing bull shit.

So I am every bit as fast as fucking maui maui when he’s on his 600 with worn out tired ass no traction slicks........

BigGar

high on placebo
When he gets the corner exit right on that R6, which he does, it's fucking HARD to get by him on the straights! I'm looking at that fucker at the Ridge and thinking, why is that 600 so fucking fast? It's because he's coming out of the corner exit on the Goddamn pipe and just ripping that little bastard through the gears. I mean, if we weren't giving the guy a solid 50lbs we'd be smoking him easily, but that's another story altogether. He's just way lighter than us. We need to keep telling ourselves that and keep feeding him cheeseburgers.

Stites

When he gets the corner exit right on that R6, which he does, it's fucking HARD to get by him on the straights! I'm looking at that fucker at the Ridge and thinking, why is that 600 so fucking fast? It's because he's coming out of the corner exit on the Goddamn pipe and just ripping that little bastard through the gears. I mean, if we weren't giving the guy a solid 50lbs we'd be smoking him easily, but that's another story altogether. He's just way lighter than us. We need to keep telling ourselves that and keep feeding him cheeseburgers.
Yep cheeseburgers and cheesecakes!!

Where I think he kills me the most is actually not on the exits, it’s the entry. His entry speed is light years ahead of mine. My corner speed I think is good and at least comparable, and my exits are pretty good, but my entry speed is typically where he passes my like I am some special ed C group rider who road a padded bus to get to the track.

50 pounds??? Try more like 60-70 and the guy eats every bit as much as I do......skinny bastard

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Thunderhill Story:

Sunday morning I saddle up on the Warhorse ready to ensue into battle. First session out I decide that I need to take 3-4 laps to get to know the new and improved Warhorse. I get the tires up to temp and the bike feels good, really good. As we keep doing laps I am thinking everything is good and I can increase the pace. I don’t and continue to ride at a slower but still brisk pace as we just completely tore into this bike days earlier and had much of it tore apart. Finish the session happy that she performed so well and think after a quick glance over everything she’s ready to go a bit faster.

Session two and Jeff is on the K7 and like usual is ripping. After a lap or two I can’t keep up and he slowly continues to pull away and disappear. Then suddenly I am pulling him in closer and closer until I am almost caught up and he pulls off the track. I finish the session and come in to find him tearing the K7 down. Apparently the belly pan had some oil in it and was making the rear tire slide around so he pulled in thinking the tire was gone.

We worked on it a bit searching for where the oil was coming. With no real culprit found it was decided he would tech the R6 and ride it instead. First session out on the R6 and it appears he can’t shake me, I am riding like Valentino Rossi and am right on his ass. I even went for the pass several times but decided against it unless it was super clean and safe. We finish the session and I am all excited I kept pace with Jeff the entire session. I am also thinking I wish I would of had the GoPro mounted and videoing. Super fun session and I was excited about it because I can never keep him insight for more than a few laps and this time out I had opportunities to pass.

We come in and he pulls the tires and takes them over to the Pirelli guy and says these slicks need to be changed out. All the while I am all happy and shit and can’t wait for the next session. Maybe I can stick the pass the next session. Maybe we will just have an epic battle?

He gets his tires back from the Pirelli guy Chris and we rush to get them mounted as the next session is about ready to start. Once done we go out with about half a session remaining. All is well as he does a few laps to scrub in and warm the new tires. I am in tow and waiting for the pace to increase after he’s comfortable with the new tires. Finally on lap three he ups the pace and I am like here we go!

And the story ends like this......this mother fucker has new slicks on and absolutely fucking crushed my soul, I couldn’t keep up if I fucking tried. He just kept getting further and further away. A straight away would come up and I am thinking I am on a 1000 and will reel him in, big fucking nope!! And it go worse as the day went on because he got faster with each session, like he got used to those tires or some soul crushing bull shit.

So I am every bit as fast as fucking maui maui when he’s on his 600 with worn out tired ass no traction slicks........
Try follow Stuman. He could ride on 50 year old rubber bands and I’d still be saying “fucker” every time he goes into a turn

Top Bottom