Thunderhill Track days 2021 and a fuck you to 2020..next August 8th-9th, and 14th-15th, Thill East, *Ridge August 23-24, ORP August 28-29

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
As always an amazing weekend with amazing people of all varieties.

Had a little get off yesterday on the KTM SuperMoto. Bike is fine according to Jeff and I am also good with some bumps and bruises. Totally my fault.

Was really bummed as I was finally stringing the track together and putting together smoother efficient laps.

Jeff is now wicked fast, the school’s are paying off as I used to be able to keep in sight, now there’s no chance.

Looking forward to the next one and hope I am not gun shy.

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
According to Scott, I flipped him off in one of the turns
Nice way to que the story! I think you flipped we off about 15 times yesterday.

This guy passes me on the inside of 5 on the R6 and it was a fairly close pass, totally safe, totally legit and he was fucking hauling the mail. I enjoyed watching him zoom buy and then I thought fucker in my head. Courtesy on close track day passes is a quick wave acknowledging it may be a close pass. His hand comes off the bar and I am like cool he's going to wave. Yep he waved alright, it started out as a middle finger wave and then turned into a peace sign. I chuckled in my helmet and watched him disappear, good times.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Nice way to que the story! I think you flipped we off about 15 times yesterday.
This guy passes me on the inside of 5 on the R6 and it was a fairly close pass, totally safe, totally legit and he was fucking hauling the mail. I enjoyed watching him zoom buy and then I thought fucker in my head. Courtesy on close track day passes is a quick wave acknowledging it may be a close pass. His hand comes off the bar and I am like cool he's going to wave. Yep he waved alright, it started out as a middle finger wave and then turned into a peace sign. I chuckled in my helmet and watched him disappear, good times.
but wait theres more... this was in the prehot track time where riders could do some parade laps to scrub tires. Why you got passed 15 times in those 3 laps... maybe you had a flat tire? :D

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Did an assessment (see picture below)on the KTM after I tried to wheelie the bitch out of turn one leaned over at 58.762 degrees.

I think I got confused because I was technically on a dirt bike, saw dirt and did some off-roading

This one might break the bank and Pra is sure to be rich after my next order. That handlebar is really ground down.

Will be posting a GoFundMe link shortly

C0D0435E-A552-4225-BCF1-E58CCD95F487.jpeg

I couldn't pass it up. $1100 with clean title 24k on the clock. Needs some TLC.

I couldn't get Gar off his ass to sell me the ones he's got. That guy can't sell anything, how the hell did he sell the imperial?

Anyway, track bike. For a 1100 bux, I could launch it off a cliff and not give two shits about it.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
The story about you and sighting lap, fuckin hilarious!

Cmon Eddie, tell the story, before somebody else does, and embellished a little...
The only thing I remember about my sighting lap is me trying to go nice and slow but a bunch of A class rejects were zipping in out out of my path.
They were crazy!

Wait, I need to embellish.
I was dragging a knee at only 170MPH (because I was new to the track and it was a sighting lap).
But otherfools were zipping past me doing 250MPH with no regard to my life or the slow sighting lap we were all supposed to be doing.

Last edited:

CZLoco

I was incredibly slow my entire weekend.
And very much uncomfortable.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
View attachment 67082

I couldn't get Gar off his ass to sell me the ones he's got. That guy can't sell anything, how the hell did he sell the imperial?

Anyway, track bike. For a 1100 bux, I could launch it off a cliff and not give two shits about it.
kinda like to know more about what's going on here. Like Schiavo said, a little bit goes a long way with those but you know that. Plus you're not gonna feel as bad letting that bike tumble a bit while you're sitting on the track thinking oh shit, that wasn't the plan....which you also know...lol

good find :up:

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Is this where Maui is about to lap you? :P
:lol:

I was incredibly slow my entire weekend.
And very much uncomfortable.
pretty sure I was encouraging you to take it easy what with your long road trip the next day. It's not about setting the world on fire but maybe discovering where your skill level is that particular day.

and

dont pass on Yellow...

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
View attachment 67082

That 1100 would have made a good down payment on turbo kit and engine goodies!

CZLoco

You guys were all great.
I hope I get a chance to fly up there again someday and take advantage of Maui's offer to race around on the track on the War Horse for a weekend.

I don't want to come off poorly but..
I was just really uncomfortable with the riding aspect.
Being 3000 miles from home.
Riding a motorcycle for the first time in 3-4 years.
Riding a GP Shift setup for the first time in my life (hated it).
Riding the fastest bike I've ever ridden, for the first time ever (it scares the shit out of me).
Riding with glasses for the first time (I hate that too).
Riding on a track for the first time in several years.
I found out I'm slower than I thought (ohhh that hurt).

I am glad you came out Eddie, it was fun.

Now BigGar BigGar needs to change under your to something along the lines of no regards for flags or passing bitches under yellow
Oh damn I forgot about that.
Ain't nobody got no time for no flags. :fu:

That 1100 would have made a good down payment on turbo kit and engine goodies!

Your turbo is not a street turbo, that's what I want, a street turbo. You have that thing geared for the moon, and rightfully so.

But at this point all I have is a big bore, not good for boost. Nitrous? 50 shot would give it some beans.

kinda like to know more about what's going on here. Like Schiavo said, a little bit goes a long way with those but you know that. Plus you're not gonna feel as bad letting that bike tumble a bit while you're sitting on the track thinking oh shit, that wasn't the plan....which you also know...lol

good find :up:
The K7 is a lot of motor for that track, west side thunder hill.

The rush of a liter bike takes precision timing to be fast on a small track.

You don't make up time in slow speed corners.

"Go fast in the fast parts" Kenny Robert's.

This SV is perfect for small tracks, fucking thing is falling apart. Shifter fell off already, fork seal is leaking, front tire is a shinko, the muffler is welded on with steel wire, not attached, looks like shit. Fucking perfect!

It doesn't have paint, some kind of shit wrap.

I've already done some clutch up wheelies, plus 10, curb jumps, plus 5, dirt jumps plus one.

My first thought was, knobbies, but 6 did that and it didn't work, geometry off for dirt.

I think I got distracted.......

CZLoco

Shift Linkage fell apart..

Excellent.
View attachment 67109

LMFAO
That actually happened to me a couple weeks ago when I was on my way to harbor freight.
I was about to get upset until I realized the issue and was able to thread the rod back together.
It was my fault because I took it all apart last month to swap in new rearsets but they sucked so I put the old ones back on but didn't locktight that linkage bar.

That actually happened to me a couple weeks ago when I was on my way to harbor freight.
I was about to get upset until I realized the issue and was able to thread the rod back together.
It was my fault because I took it all apart last month to swap in new rearsets but they sucked so I put the old ones back on but didn't locktight that linkage bar.
I wish it were that easy.

2 broken taps later, I almost fuckin had it too, fucker.

One failed plasma extraction, one failed tap extraction, weld a stud on it, find a micro sized nut, that wasn't easy.

I think I got the fucker fixed.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea..

Fucker

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

Last edited:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF

One failed plasma extraction, one failed tap extraction, weld a stud on it, find a micro sized nut, that wasn't easy.

Fucker
I'm shocked at how much Suzuki wants for a new one !! :eek:

I'm also shocked at how many Suzuki models (85) it's been used on down through the years.

You can even get a Chinese copy off Ebay for $25.00 (probably where Suzuki has them made).

Models that use it: 25600-33E00 Suzuki Lever Assembly, Gear Shift $114.88 - AdeptPowersports

I'd buy two of these and keep one in the toolbox..:biggrin1a:...:
Chrome Gear Shift Pedal Lever for Suzuki RF900R 1994-1998/GSXR600 1992-2005 | eBay

CZLoco

woodcrafts... like $200 for a set of rearsets. Or vortex adjustables from Bombay
Those weren't in the budget for me.
But I kept putting my left heel up against the chain because of not having any guard there.
So I bought a cheap $80 set of adjustable rearsets that would keep the pegs at the same location.
But they didn't fit properly. So I may have accidentally forgotten to put the chain guard back in the box when I shipped it all back to Amazon.
And I now have my original rearsets + a rigged chain guard.

Fucker

View attachment 67111

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

CZLoco

Those look like shiny new parts.
There is nothing wrong with shiny new parts. :up:

Hopefully soon. 3 weeks before I can do any testing, on the local canyons.

It's getting the normal attention all my bikes get, front end rebuilt, brakes, lines, etc.

4 weeks what's up?

Or?

I'll be handicapped with stock suspension and stock hp.

Let's do it.

Top Bottom