Thunderhill Track days 2021 and a fuck you to 2020..next April 19th-20th Thunderhill East, May 8&9 on 2 mile, May 10&11 3 mile

Oh, here's the thread.......

I should be up there by 3pm. Friday.

I can bring some ground beef from our steers for burgers. It was made from prime grade beef.
How many people? How many lbs should I bring?

Thought about bringing rib eye steaks, but that's a little heavy for lunch.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Oh, here's the thread.......

I should be up there by 3pm. Friday.

I can bring some ground beef from our steers for burgers. It was made from prime grade beef.
How many people? How many lbs should I bring?

Thought about bringing rib eye steaks, but that's a little heavy for lunch.
We BBQ at night for dinner and we buy burgers from the track.

Right now it’s looking like 6-7 of us in total I believe.

Looking forward to seeing you and riding again

Wasn't able to get Q3s, I could of but it's older stock. Put on Q4s. Is there a Dunlop vendor at the track?

The shop I go to said, 36 front, and anywhere from 28-22 rear.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Carter’s usually has PJ’s Pro Cycles at their events. Jose is the guy, he works for Dale Kiefer who is the Dunlop distributor. Jose is super cool, I think he flipped my tire a couple weeks ago for $10...?

I think Schiavo’s right on the rear tire psi too. You can check with Jose if you want but I’d guesstimate that he’s gonna tell you something very similar

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Are you guys doing Carters or is it Fun Track Dayz again?

I hear the Q4s are well liked by some.

My only problem with them is, I wear out tires fast. The Q3+ wears out fast enough.

Tire warmers I hear help out a lot. I need to make sure I have a set.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
As long as you’re not showing off

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I hear the Q4s are well liked by some.
My only problem with them is, I wear out tires fast. The Q3+ wears out fast enough.
Tire warmers I hear help out a lot. I need to make sure I have a set.
On a DOT you would have grip even if the sipes are gone. May not be the best for "drive grip" but you'll look heroic laying down darkies.
I would suggest flipping them if you wear the left dramatically. Also keep an eye on pressures. Especially when it gets hot.
Someone once tried to sternly tell me that "You cant just flip tires willy nilly"... Oh yeah?? Funny I've been doing that for years.
So funny how some are so rigid... especially on closed course bikes.

Stites

Mitch I know you are super fast and know what you are doing when it comes to bikes. I would kindly ask you take a few sessions to familiarize yourself with the track if you have never ridden it Thunderhill. Also I am not sure how long it’s been since you have done a track day but please caution that you might be rusty. All I care about is that we have fun and we all get in our trucks and go home Sunday night.

With that I have always loved the vibe and feel of our group at the track has. Everyone tries to help everyone else and there’s no pressure to be fast. We just have fun centered around bikes.

See you Friday bud! It’s going to be good and the weather looks perfect

I hear ya Scott. I've got nothing to prove.

I'm not super fast.

My plan is to get a control rider to tow me around for a few laps and go from there.

It always takes me 3 or 4 sessions to get comfortable with a new track. And even then, there's always more to learn about a track.

Stites

I hear ya Scott. I've got nothing to prove.

I'm not super fast.

My plan is to get a control rider to tow me around for a few laps and go from there.

It always takes me 3 or 4 sessions to get comfortable with a new track. And even then, there's always more to learn about a track.
Glad to hear brother! Maybe you can bump down to B or maybe we can bump up so we can all ride together!

I don't like riding in the B group, too many reckless riders with something to prove.

The C group is just dangerous. Speed difference, all over the fucking track ,etc.

The A group is just better, unless you have a guy in it that belongs in the B group, they weed themselves out though.

I hear good things about Carters.

Stites

I don't like riding in the B group, too many reckless riders with something to prove.

The C group is just dangerous. Speed difference, all over the fucking track ,etc.

The A group is just better, unless you have a guy in it that belongs in the B group, they weed themselves out though.

Carter’s is great! I am not sure I am ready for A just yet. I mean it’s not out of my scope but I would be one of the slowest guys in A. We will see

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Fun ran the east track and I swear they had no less than 15 crashes before the 3rd session. Seems like alot of squidly street riders ride w/ them.
B doesnt bother me as much as most of the time I can get by on the brakes and corner speed vs blitzing the straights. I always leave a lil track for someone to get around.

CZLoco

Got this in the mail.
The coverage is not quite as "anywhere" as I thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
There were two parts you signed up for, you’re only looking at one right there.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
the whole idea was to make sure that while you were doing your track day here you didn’t have a air Ambulance bill of 50K. That is exactly how it played out, so you really have nothing to complain about.

CZLoco

There were two parts you signed up for, you’re only looking at one right there.
I haven't seen anything else in the mail.
Is this the part she said she was going to give me for free because I refused to pay for the extra part on top of the $65?
The sticker was pretty cool and is already on my toolbox now.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I haven't seen anything else in the mail.
Is this the part she said she was going to give me for free because I refused to pay for the extra part on top of the $65?
Sort of, it’s the part that she paid for out of pocket just to make sure you had the best coverage.

It’s OK though because I paid her back so she didn’t have to pay for your insurance.

CZLoco

Sort of, it’s the part that she paid for out of pocket just to make sure you had the best coverage.

It’s OK though because I paid her back so she didn’t have to pay for your insurance.
Wonderful. Well just let me know what I owe you for the second part and I'll go ahead and pay you back for that.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I just checked, FlightCare is part of the bigger network...same as my local whirlybird.

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
I just checked, FlightCare is part of the bigger network...same as my local whirlybird.

Same here Dan, and it's too cheap to not to have it on everyone in your household.

Top Bottom