Thunderhill Track days 2021 and a fuck you to 2020..next April 19th-20th Thunderhill East, May 8&9 on 2 mile, May 10&11 3 mile

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Bring your own snacks, I doubt they'll be passing any out....they lost 3.5 B last year.

We American to Texas first class. They gave out drinks, and turkey Sandwiches.

On top of that my seat was empty as well as five others in first class until the fuckers bumped people up from coach.

I passed on the food and drink and left my respirator on. TSA gave me a once over because of the NBC mask raised a flag. :)

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
He's geared up for it, so post the 12 o'clock high one-handed wheelie pics 😀
Back in 96 I took A Frank Harleys pro stock Drag class with George Bryce providing instruction and the bikes. First pass was just a burn out and second gear launch. Guy did exactly that but no 12 o clock because of the bars. But the last hand was above his head and he had the bike on and off the throttle five or six times. He looked like a cowboy trying to break a horse.. he never came back after lunch. :)

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
Lots of talk. But no show. Actions speak louder than words
They certainly do. Which is why when I showed in 2004, 2005 and 2014 my actions spoke very highly.

Unfortunately, due to the situation I am in at the moment I simply do not have spare coin to fly 3000 miles just to prove how ghey you are. But you do that fine all by yourself by riding a Kock To Mouth and getting whupped on the track by some young girl riding a learner bike.

Meanwhile, I'll just stay here, all aloof and mysterious.

"Is he good or bad on a track? We just don't know. Is he hiding from us because he is slow on a track? Or will he whup our butt again even though he has never ridden a motorcycle on a track in his life? Oooh, will we ever find out? He's such a handsome enigma"...

bombaybusa

President, Club Pra
Website
bombaymotorsports.business.site
And leather jacket. I'm too cheap to pay for an extra carry on.
People are startled by my heavy, clicky sounding boots. One guy grabbed his little gurls hand and gave me the evil eye.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
You can check your carry on or 2 suitcases for free on southwest 🤓

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
They gave me some confidence after not riding for four years. But I'm not used to the high speed corners. This bike is super tall and I did not use up all of the tires. Fat chicken strips.
I slid the rear a couple times but they felt super stable.
How was the bike Eddie ? Q4’s hold up good ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
We had a good time, everyone finished in one piece. Scott rode the War horse, Schiavo rode his R1, I rode the K7, Eddie was on his K5. It was a little chilly but otherwise great days. Sunday was a little cooler I think. Monday the track got a bit warmer. Sunday was pretty crowded.

We had a nice visit from the Thunderhill staff checking to see that we were doing ok as well as the Fun Track Dayz guys stopping in. Thunderhill upgraded us to a new garage is on the east side, could not have asked for a better spot. All the Thill staff are super accommodating and work hard to make sure we have a good time.

If people want to ride, they ride, if people want to just hang out they just hang out. I'm going to be riding there again March 13-14 on the east track, we'll be back in April on the west track.

Stites whipped up a killer meal for us Sunday night, probably the best Thill meal I've had in memory. Kinda a chopped rib eye mushroom deal, had some Zucchini and asparagus that he also caramelized to perfection.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Knew the garage was different. Bigger?
dueling doors and ada accessible :)
Cant say enough about what maui maui is providing and if you are on the left coast its worth the travel to come join the fun. The gravitational pull maui maui has is pretty impressive.
About to send a couple more bikes out so there will something for anyone who chooses to show to ride. The liter bikes are alot of work not to say you cant have fun... the smaller bikes allow alil more confidence building. This is the type of event that many can benefit from just having fun from riding. That feeling that got you putting bikes between your legs so many years ago. If youre slow or fast or somewhere inbetween to not take advantage of this generous opportunity is foolish. Between maui maui hospitality and an event provider like Carters... you cant do any better. Just fyi... Ride Like a Pro charges $75/session for their 400s plus the track day fee.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Knew the garage was different. Bigger?
it's on the east side where the 3 mile track is.

thats different enough..

as for what Schiavo is eluding to on the smaller bikes, yes, they are the future for the track days we're going to run. I still like the liter bikes, and an R6 is a track weapon for sure, but a ZX400 is where it's at..

Maybe an R3? KTM seems to have a large following, but KTM has had some issues with a few of their models.

I'm interested in, change tires, change oil, wring the piss out of it.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Maybe an R3? KTM seems to have a large following, but KTM has had some issues with a few of their models.
I'm interested in, change tires, change oil, wring the piss out of it.
KTM is a grenade. Dont let Mr Lucky read that. Why do you think the EX line is poorly engineered? The 400 whoops the holy crap out of the R3, 390, & EX300 in stock form...
New they are $5500ish... race prepped they go for $7500+.
The new Aprilia 660 seems promising... thats about $12,000

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
KTM is a grenade. Dont let Mr Lucky read that. Why do you think the EX line is poorly engineered? The 400 whoops the holy crap out of the R3, 390, & EX300 in stock form...
New they are $5500ish... race prepped they go for $7500+.
The new Aprilia 660 seems promising... thats about $12,000
I’m bringin moto boots next time out. I wanna ride that SMR in Anger (if Maui says it’s okay)

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
Been emailing back and fourth with Jesse Carter today and it looks like I am on the waiting list for B+ and am number 2 on the list. He doesn't think it's an issue to get me into B+ by then.

I told him I can move up to A if need be, but I would likely be one of the more slower riders in the group. Also told him I could bump down to C and ride with my wife. Either way we are going to have fun!!

Top Bottom