Thunderhill (East 3 mile) track day Nov 30 Dec 1.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
I thought you were in a Florida? Is Herrins track a public track or private?
I am in FL.
its open to the public or for private events and not too terrible of a ride from Atlanta. Wouldnt be hard to meet yall there.
Just would need a firm headcount to set something up.
And I do have access to a go kart track in Jax. Would just need to make sure the weekend doesnt conflict with anything else going on. Not as fun as Herrins though

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I am in FL.
its open to the public or for private events and not too terrible of a ride from Atlanta. Wouldnt be hard to meet yall there.
And I do have access to a go kart track in Jax. Would just need to make sure the weekend doesnt conflict with anything else going on. Not as fun as Herrins though

Oct 21.. I am doing a K9 Demo for a school in the City. Any other time I'll make the trip..

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
I am in FL.

It's the Herrin Compound? Looks like small dirt bikes....looks fun. Most likely a next year trip for me.......wife just tried on the leathers I bought her years ago and she's ready to do a C group T-Hill track day once I buy her some boots.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I'm sitting at the Airport right now changing planes in a bit. A little bit of a hassle flying United I don't get a direct flight home. Because of the miles, I sorta need to stick to the program to make things work for me.

Thunderhill was fun, I know it's hard for people to make it, it's pretty much the best riding opportunity for me and that's just going to be it for the foreseeable future. Street riding is just getting increasingly dangerous, less fun etc. I rather not have to worry about cars, idiots on sport bikes, cops etc. I still ride my Busa on the road, but I'm planning on making some adjustments to my street riding profile...maybe.

Saturday I rode with a guy pitted next to me that was really fun to ride with. The guy on the other side to me had a 2017 Tuono which I was thinking looked really fun....really, really fun. It might be back in the lead again. His buddy Tom (one of the control riders for Carters) was on a MT10. I mentioned to Tom that I was thinking about the MT and then he offered to let me take it out for a session which I declined. Hell of an offer though.

The control riders in B were in a lot of cases just trying to keep the pace safe. Stites mentions I passed them all, yes true, but basically because they let me. I've gotten to know some of them and for the most part, all way better riders then I am, and can leave me at will, not unlike watching Stu ride. They might roll past you, and you may think you're making ground on them but if you're paying attention it's cause they've dropped a lot of throttle out then work on showing a really nice line.

Sunday did have some idiot factor going on in Group B in the morning. After talking with the Carters (really cool people) I decided I didn't want to be one of the idiots and they graciously moved me out of that group. I work pretty hard on not doing a "race" pass on people who are on the track learning a skill. It's the wrong place. I'm too patient I guess. I just wait until there is a easy place where I"m not going to stand someone up in the corner.

The actual offenders were a group of Brazilians running a go-pro-show on how bad ass they were as riders.....in group B....passing people who were just trying to figure out the track......fucking awesome. They were basically a rolling road block, doing stupid passes, braking in places they shouldn't because they didn't have the skill to actually be doing what they were doing, completely ignorant. I think I went around them all in one pass on the outside of 3 with another control rider at one point who was shaking his head. I found out later when Gio (Alverez?), one of Carters guys told me he had followed them back into the pits for a WTF session where he was (I think) backed up by a Jessie Carter. Jessie is a pretty calm guy but still, I would imagine he can make it pretty unpleasant if you're fucking with his program.

Monday I got passed by Dale Keifer (the stupid fast category). He was on a new bone stock GSXR600. As he passed me, gave me a thumbs up, rolled the throttle back a notch, then dragged me around the track for a bit executing some really clean turns, making it really easy to see where his turn in was, when he was getting ready, when he got on the brake, when he got on the gas. Then a group of control riders from Carters (5?) went by me and queued up behind Kiefer, he went back into fast mode and was gone. It was cool to watch that group take off.

I'm still on the north side of a 2 minute lap at Thill. Only 20 seconds off the track record (lol) which means I might not be on the same lap after 6 or 7 laps. I saw some really nice riding this weekend. Lap times though are probably not something that I should be worrying about. I have a couple of turns that I really want to get better on. 2, 7, 13 are the stand out ones. I'm still spinning the tire more then I like so I'm not sure if the Bazzaz deal is bazzazing as good as it could. I put a new GP Pro slick on, tried to keep the tire pressures in line as the day got hotter. Lost the back a little in 6, not my most graceful moment.

I was looking at trying to get back for the Oct 12-13 deal but it looks like I have commitments. I think the earliest I'm back to Thunderhill is going to be the weekend of Nov 2-3 which will be on the 2 mile track with Carters. Hoping I have my Sumo worked out and can ride that again otherwise I'll be on the R6 which, in the clockwise direction, is the best choice anyway.

Two weeks after that Zoom Zoom is running the 3 mile again (Nov 16-17), then Carters has one more Nov 30/Dec1, Two Wheel track day is running at Big Willow 2.5 mile on December 14. To make a one day deal is not really high on my list of shit as I gotta fly, load up, and drag bikes south probably on a Friday then back up Sunday and reverse order. If people were interested in that I would consider it though and see how to make to work. We did a 2 day like that a couple years ago, Stites said the thought it was Gars Birthday or something. About 40 people showed up?

anyway, I"m going to keep throwing it out there. I'm going to go as much as I can, I'll ride with the Carters guys if no one else shows up.

Last edited:

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
It's probably not a scam, the price is reasonable for a 10 year old bike that no racer would want. If the frame doesn't have a serial number I don't think you could get a title, doesn't really matter if it is just for the track and racing. My current race bike has no serial number or title, bought it with just a bill of sale.

BigGar

high on placebo
MotoForza is a legit dealership and only about ten miles from me if anyone wants me to put eyes on the bike and seller. If I was more flush right now I might have to have it myself. Faaaaaack...

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I'd still need someone like Jack to maybe swing by and verify it, chew them down, Piss in their office plants etc

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Thanks for that write up maui.
It was a good read of the time you guys had.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Life time powertrain warranty.. hmmmm.

I dig the bike pretty damn comfortable and on par with the 1290 Duke power wise

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Life time powertrain warranty.. hmmmm.

I dig the bike pretty damn comfortable and on par with the 1290 Duke power wise
well if it shows up in my shop (big if) you're certainly welcome to give it a test ride

Vegas12

BAMF+
I'd still need someone like Jack to maybe swing by and verify it, chew them down, Piss in their office plants etc

IDK, I'm getting soft in my old age.

Just signed a blank listing agreement with some real estate agent to sell a property....she kept saying, "Trust me."

Stites

Maui to the red courtesy phone?

Did you book your flight for Nov?

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Aye,

I land Thursday, Oct 30, Halloween, 9:33 am (red eye). Fly out 3:50 Monday Afternoon.

just booking my Carters groups. I'm gonna ride with You and Shaivo in B+ on Saturday in the "backwards" direction (Clockwise). I'll either ride the K7 or R6 depending on if anyone else comes. Sunday I'm gonna ride Supermoto probably in A. There's a growing group of Sumo's now when they run the west side CCW which is hysterically fun.

If Rhino comes (which is likely I'm told by reliable sources), I'll see if Carters will move me back to B+. Paul can ride one of the (many) liter bikes and I'll ride the R6 both days.

Dino is aware and working on it, I"m gonna put him in the really "likely" category.

Gar has indicated very strongly me that he has already signed up and made arrangements to come. Yes, he really did, last night, 3 am, pocket called me....probably doesn't remember but I'm holding him to it.

In case anyone else wants to come:

Thunderhill (West 2 mile) track day Nov 2-3 provider is Carters@TheTrack - Sign-Up, Saturday and Sunday 150 each. Early bird is $135 a day. Probably because the west track doesn't draw the crowd or its just late in the season. Anyway I think the west track is a hoot.

Monday is gonna be with a group I've never rode with before and no there're not all the same. I'm skipping that one but its on the 3 mile track. I fly out that afternoon around 4 so I"ll probably be cleaning up the shop a little before I go. Wanna probably strip the shocks out of a couple of bikes and get them serviced, time for the forks to get done too (like 3 years ago).

I've also signed cup for the Nov 30/Dec 1st, end of season deal with carters. Got flights etc.

trying to find out what the RV rental deal is for both week ends. that parts not going as smoothly at the moment.

Stites

Aye,

I land Thursday, Oct 30, Halloween, 9:33 am (red eye). Fly out 3:50 Monday Afternoon.

just booking my Carters groups. I'm gonna ride with You and Shaivo in B+ on Saturday in the "backwards" direction (Clockwise). I'll either ride the K7 or R6 depending on if anyone else comes. Sunday I'm gonna ride Supermoto probably in A. There's a growing group of Sumo's now when they run the west side CCW which is hysterically fun.

If Rhino comes (which is likely I'm told by reliable sources), I'll see if Carters will move me back to B+. Paul can ride one of the (many) liter bikes and I'll ride the R6 both days.

Dino is aware and working on it, I"m gonna put him in the really "likely" category.

Gar has indicated very strongly me that he has already signed up and made arrangements to come. Yes, he really did, last night, 3 am, pocket called me....probably doesn't remember but I'm holding him to it.

Thunderhill (West 2 mile) track day Nov 2-3 provider is Carters@TheTrack - Sign-Up, Saturday and Sunday 150 each. Early bird is $135 a day. Probably because the west track doesn't draw the crowd or its just late in the season. Anyway I think the west track is a hoot.

Monday is gonna be with a group I've never rode with before and no there're not all the same. I'm skipping that one but its on the 3 mile track. I fly out that afternoon around 4 so I"ll probably be cleaning up the shop a little before I go. Wanna probably strip the shocks out of a couple of bikes and get them serviced, time for the forks to get done too (like 3 years ago).

I've also signed cup for the Nov 30/Dec 1st, end of season deal with carters. Got flights etc.

trying to find out what the RV rental deal is for both week ends. that parts not going as smoothly at the moment.

How long does the early bird special go for! I am liking $135 price especially if Cami wants to ride and I need to purchase 3-4 track days

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Dino is signing up.

Gar has shifted to a low earth orbit and may land it

Anyone else on the fence nows the time to start legging in. If you have questions, need a little help getting there etc.

Stites

Saturday and Sunday booked for B+

In addition Mrs Stites is going to check an item off of her bucket list. She is signed up for both days as well in B-

Hope some of you can make it otherwise Jeff, Mrs Stites and I will continue to carry on tradition.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
So far
me
Stites (1&2)
Terry Shaivo

Probably Dino

Possible
Gar
Rhino

Fishantlers has a conflict

There’s one more at the end of the year but that’s a tough weekend because it’s 2 days after thanksgiving.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
just got off the phone with Dino, he's confirmed he's going if he can figure out this internet thing.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Are you going to have sushi catered in???

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
US places are good, but the market doesn't support having the higher end cuts available.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
so now the question of tire selection for trackdays has come up. I've been talking to both Dino and Shaivo today about it. Shaivo is considering Dunlop Q4s. Dino was also considering new tires, I mentioned the Q4s to him and he said that he has lost his trust in those. I'm running on Dunlop GT Pro Medium rear, soft fronts. The rear needs to be replaces now, I"m personally comfortable just getting the same tire.

Considering the difference in pace and requirements between racing and trackdays, what are the preferences?

Terry_Schiavo

wait a minute... this is ALOT of work!!
Is there a T40 torx bit onsite??

Stites

I am going to run the new Riky Razer Stiks Alot Tyers, I have heard rave reviews about them

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I heard that if you increase tire pressure to 80 psi it wears at a much slower rate

Terry_Schiavo

I heard that if you increase tire pressure to 80 psi it wears at a much slower rate
3 loops of black duct tape increases the amount of laps you can do before the tires wear!

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
bolt those to the bottom of your Rollie suitcase, no one will figure it out...you just be like, what I need more traction on escalators.....

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Moving Dino into the confirmed category now so...

me
Stites (1&2)
Terry Shaivo
Dino

Possible
Gar
Rhino

I cant think of anyone else who might want to show (that can). So between 5-7 people riding. I'm pretty sure we've got everyone covered bike wise. We can move people around in groups to free up bikes if need be. We could easily take a couple more. Be nice if Jason can get his Supermoto set up and head down. I think he'd laugh his ass off.

Terry_Schiavo

booked in/out of Eugene now... :fu:
see you faackers on the flip side !!

Rhino Rhino must attend!!

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
giving this a bump, looks like 5 so far. Thats a huge increase from when no one had signed up.

Terry_Schiavo

Facebook friends will be made (and possibly lost) this weekend. I promise!

Friending on facebook isnt some busy work past time. Its serious. I often like to "rank" my friends like a reality game of Solitare! I really adore my ability to control who will or wont be my "virtual" friend. I like to post inane cat shampooing vids and other cut pet videos. You will not be allowed to be part of my newsfeed if you fail to show up at this event. Qwik Qwik will get double sued in he calls me the "f" word & I sure as hell will cancel his Friendmandship of Facebook! :fu: watch me!!

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I have it on good authority that Terry Shaivo will be cheating at the track day.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Aye,

For anyone making flight arrangements, also I believe Steve is flying to Eugene and driving south with Dino. Stites will be driving from Sparks (Reno area).

Top Bottom