Thunderhill (East 3 mile) track day Nov 30 Dec 1.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Doesn’t seem like anything Honda would do as far as a low level issue, after a couple hours of use it surges then quits. I’ll check it next time I’m back but as it is I’m not giong to want to divert a lot of time screwing with this. Dino has a little generator we can use to bridge the gap, if we’re on Thill East we’ll pull shore power off one of the many many stands they have in the pits.

Also I need to figure out how to get more power out of the garage. Theres a 230v 50a in the corner I would love to knock down to a 120v source.

I’m in LA now waiting for a connection so not a lot I can do

If you do come here to work on bikes prior to Oregon, bring the generator. I am sure I know someone locally that can fix it, if not we can take it to a shop and have it done and I will bring it back to T-Hill.

Sucks you are having issues as that thing is less than two years old and has only been used a few times. Did the gas go bad? Did you remove the fuel in between uses or add in any stabilizer?

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I thought maybe that the gas had gone bad, its also a FI unit so maybe an injector etc, but the more we ran it (when it would) it seems to be a load issue.

I’ll likely take you up on the offer though.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
That September date might be doable. I'm dashing across America September and October. Going to do like Ozzy and go see strange crap along the America highway.

BigGar

high on placebo
I've had that low oil issue happen with a few pressure washers and generators over the years, so worth having a look at.

Safe travels.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Also I need to figure out how to get more power out of the garage. Theres a 230v 50a in the corner I would love to knock down to a 120v source.

I’m in LA now waiting for a connection so not a lot I can do
I got a job distribution box... 20171227_171634.jpg

Rhino Rhino can probably wire the recepticle

BigGar

high on placebo
You can just get an adapter at any Walmart or RV place. That's just a basic 30amp trailer plug-in. Gartel would be very happy with that outlet :)

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
News day, provider etc..

Thunder hill track day August 17-18 with Pacific Track time

Pacific Track Time

have not booked flights or accommodations yet. But I've reserved a spot, yes B group again. It's just less pressure for me, though more stupid people. still fun.

leaning towards booking an RV this time to have some track side AC.

same deals as before

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Dave Moss says... looks like your rebound is way too stiff and your zip tie doesnt have the proper sag. :D

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Found a 2018 zx 10 with 300 miles .. guy put it down at low speed. Most likely didnt scrub the tires in and slid about 30 mph or so judging from the damage ... needs left side complete fairings, swing arm do to scrapes, and a scraped engine cover but just scrapes. He asking 10k.. if it checks out I'll pick it up.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I have no idea on the fair market for that but considering what Stuman wrote recently that's in the realm of good shit.

we gonna see you on the west coast on the 17 (probably getting there on the 15th)?

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I dont think I'll be sorted out that soon.. but sure as hell I'm working on things. I can always throw the ktm on the track .. it's not like I'm fast and will be in the slow group until.inlearn how to track ride.. I want to do it right and not just break stuff .... specially me. :)

Stites

I dont think I'll be sorted out that soon.. but sure as hell I'm working on things. I can always throw the ktm on the track .. it's not like I'm fast and will be in the slow group until.inlearn how to track ride.. I want to do it right and not just break stuff .... specially me. :)

There’s GSXR 750 here in Reno now that’s a track ready bike for $4800

Also it was 105 at the track today!!!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
There’s GSXR 750 here in Reno now that’s a track ready bike for $4800

Also it was 105 at the track today!!!
Is it nice or a ratty road warrior? What mods? You know me I have to look good falling down.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
forecast for Aug 17-18 is in the 97 range. Could go either way. Planning on having a RV there this time for AC lounging....

BigGar

high on placebo
I will be in Monterey working doing all the car stuff from Tuesday the 13th until Sunday the 18th so I am out :(

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I was gonna cover the Tacos but it looks like it's just gonna be me.

Shaivo and Dino not gonna make it.

Stites might show up Saturday night and ride Sunday.

the Sept 21-22 ORP dates are in flux right now. I might go, might not. Working on scheduling conflict. I've always thought that track looked hellafun...Hopefully I can get my Supermoto up to speed there. If not the R6 will do fine I"m sure.

Stites

It’s been 110-112 here this last week. Supposed to be a high of 91 tomorrow! Looking forward to riding the east side tomorrow with Jeff in B group.........couldn’t talk D into riding but I did get him out here.

Oh and for those of you that didn’t make it Jeff did cover the tacos!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
It’s been 110-112 here this last week. Supposed to be a high of 91 tomorrow! Looking forward to riding the east side tomorrow with Jeff in B group.........couldn’t talk D into riding but I did get him out here.

Oh and for those of you that didn’t make it Jeff did cover the tacos!

It's 112 degrees?!!!!!!!

Ummm is there winter sessions?

rumble phish

BAMF+
It's 112 degrees?!!!!!!!

Ummm is there winter sessions?

112 @ Thunderhill in August is about normal. Hottest day I ever rode there it was 118 F. The track was over 130! Tires were getting real greasy and sliding all over. Definitely don't want street compounds on days like that! I lost over 12 lbs just in sweat.

Stites

112 @ Thunderhill in August is about normal. Hottest day I ever rode there it was 118 F. The track was over 130! Tires were getting real greasy and sliding all over. Definitely don't want street compounds on days like that! I lost over 12 lbs just in sweat.
Maui checked the asphalt in the shade today at lunch when it was about 85-90 out and in the shape the asphalt was 95, in the sun it was 125

rumble phish

BAMF+
Maui checked the asphalt in the shade today at lunch when it was about 85-90 out and in the shape the asphalt was 95, in the sun it was 125
The track must've been a heckuva lot hotter than 130 that day then! I just recalled someone saying the track was over 130. I didn't doubt it, but I didn't check it personally.

Last edited:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Hottest day I ever drag raced was 105 degrees with temps feeling like 116 with humidity. I didnt win that day in South Carolina. All I kept thinking about was getting the run done to get back into the AC motorhome.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Paul, It was actually really nice yesterday. I have a cool vest and never even got close to wanting it. We have a pretty good set up as far as keeping hydrated/cool etc. Working on improving it more though. The weather will start cooling off soon. Even in the heat it’s such a great facility I think you’d be fine.

Saturday was a little hectic. I was riding by my self, they stopped my group 2x to medivac riders to Chico. Pretty shitty way to leave the track. First was 2 guys coming together in turn 10 ( same place frEEk went down a couple years ago.)

The second guy went down in front of me, (also in 10). I wasn’t really looking at him, I had just come over the hill on 9 trying to keep the front tire on the ground and still getting some drive on the top of 2nd gear, there was dust, a tumbling rider, bike coming to a stop etc. Put my hand up in case there was someone tucked in behind me. By the time I got to turn 11 they had red flagged the session. The guy wasn’t moving much. I think he got his arm partially raisied then collapsed back down. Not looking too good. Once again they landed the helicopter on the track and scooped him up.

Sunday was much better partially just cause Stites and D came. But also a good riding day, less people, bunch of times I got clear track in front of me so I got to relax and just pay attention to the corner markers etc. Good fun, bikes ran well. No medivac’s so thats a plus. D and Stites helped me load up the trailer and we got out of there in short time.

I have to say the Thill Grill cheeseburgers were pretty damn good too :up:

Closing the airplane doors now....

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Thunderhill (East 3 mile) track day August 31, Sept 1&2 provider is Carters, Saturday and Sunday 200 each, Monday 180. I'm looking at all three. I booked with Carters and I'm shopping flights and hotels now.

I told Stites I was gonna stop posting these but he said that I should keep on doing it. We'll see. I post these cause it's way more fun for me when you fuckers show up.

Carters@theTrack

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
really? Cause this weekend he was talking about buying you a new spandex outfit with a cape and shit. You're still good with wearing your underwear on the outside right?

Top Bottom