Thunderhill (East 3 mile) track day Nov 30 Dec 1.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
is the battery dead? Bought a new agm last year but forgot to disconnect it

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
is the battery dead? Bought a new agm last year but forgot to disconnect it
It’s hard to tell with the flames right now...

....but it only made little colicky sounds.....mmmmmmmanbunnn.....mmmmmmmmmmanbunnn

Terry_Schiavo

just sprinkle taco sauce on it and wager Dave Moss he couldnt Feel The Wheel or read the tire wear

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Shaivo, I don’t know Eve Moss. Is that the kiwi guy who says turn everything in 2 clicks until you go faster or fall off?

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
What’s wrong with his hand?

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Tried my leathers on a few days ago and they fit better now than they ever have!! Down to 247 from 285.......still have around 25 to go.

That said if you are planning on future dates keep me in the loop.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
fun was had.

we ran the west truck in clock wise the first day. I wished I had been able to get the gearing right on my Super Moto as that would have been my first choice. As it was I rode the R6 for the first time in almost 3(?) years. Still very fun.

Dino rode his 08 ZX10 which is ungodly fast and Dino is really quick on it. He got a new set of slicks to start the weekend off. Always nice to have fresh rubber.

second day they ran the track counter clockwise which was new for me (and Dino). Still on the R6, wishing that I had finished working on the K7 as that configuration has a little more leg to it and flows faster. I really like the counter clockwise direction with just 7 turns (actually a lot more but they count em funny).

The front straight has a hump that I noticed lots the guys in front of me seems to be catching air on ( 3-4 inches?). It's a blind right at the bottom of the hill so 5th gear on the gas over the hump not seeing your landing spot or the turn freaked lots of people out, resulting in some interesting moves and a fair amount of broken bike parts on that turn.

Carter's (Jesse Crater) runs a really nice track day. Good control riders, organized, they stay on top of things, good people :up:

Thunderhill is a really fun place to be.

I was talking to some guy named Dave Moss and when I told him that I let Terry Shaivo work on my bike he dove to the down on the ground and started fixing my bike
IMG_0296.jpeg

oddly enough after he re did in his words "everything" it rode amazingly better. Kudos to Dave Moss :up:

it was not super hot (Chuckwalla hot), it was Sacramento in the summer hot though (99ish). Saturday both Dino and I had a bit of trouble staying cool. I was also trying to get my KTM 560 back together hoping for at least the afternoon session....never happened though.

Sunday was much hotter, was a better day mostly because we took it easier and really worked on staying cool.

looking at some August dates next....

BigGar

high on placebo
Love the report. Glad you lads had a good time and didn't break anything. Sorry as fuck that I missed it but it's just that time of year.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I hope both of you can make it next time. Not sure what the mechanical status of the War horse is, last I remembered it needed the rear brake to be fixed? It started though and other then that seemed fine. Shaivo, the R1 needs a little work. Not sure if the battery is good or just needs to be charged. I ran out of ability to work on stuff the second day. Me and Dino were just working on staying cool.

Next time I think I'm gonna rent an RV, stay at the track, and have a nicer place to hang in-between sessions.

When the weather cools off I might try and get some time in working on bikes etc.

also my 7kW Honda generator is doing some weird shit. It's like the load keeps changing and after a couple of hours of running fine it will just freak out and shut down. there's no warning lights coming on. everything looks normal. Gotta figure out how to get it fixed.

I think the next track day at Thill is the east track (3 mile) with Pacific Track Time. It will take me a couple of days to see schedule wise how that works but I"ll let you know.

Website
www.bikeland.org
I hope both of you can make it next time. Not sure what the mechanical status of the War horse is, last I remembered it needed the rear brake to be fixed? It started though and other then that seemed fine. Shaivo, the R1 needs a little work. Not sure if the battery is good or just needs to be charged. I ran out of ability to work on stuff the second day. Me and Dino were just working on staying cool.

Next time I think I'm gonna rent an RV, stay at the track, and have a nicer place to hang in-between sessions.

When the weather cools off I might try and get some time in working on bikes etc.

also my 7kW Honda generator is doing some weird shit. It's like the load keeps changing and after a couple of hours of running fine it will just freak out and shut down. there's no warning lights coming on. everything looks normal. Gotta figure out how to get it fixed.

I think the next track day at Thill is the east track (3 mile) with Pacific Track Time. It will take me a couple of days to see schedule wise how that works but I"ll let you know.

Get the genny checked out. My Honda 2k did the same thing and the inverter had failed. Had 2 months of warranty left on it and Honda fixed it. Inverter repair was almost the same cost as a new genny.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Maui (and a few others) has garage space at the track. Bikes stay locked indoors on battery tenders.
here's Dino in the "cool room"....we got a couple of portable AC units plugged in and the little canopy tent was a nice place to hide from the heat. The AC spilled out and kept the shop manageable to be in, cooler inside then outside anyway...
IMG_0298.jpeg

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Get the genny checked out. My Honda 2k did the same thing and the inverter had failed. Had 2 months of warranty left on it and Honda fixed it. Inverter repair was almost the same cost as a new genny.
yea I think my warranty is well past on this unit

Terry_Schiavo

I have a box of parts for R1 including spare wheels. Plan to bring them along next time Im out. Also would plan an extra 2 days to work on whatevs needs attention.

Terry_Schiavo

what happened to Dino face?? looks like he attended a Hump Trump rally and he was the only twink attending. :yahoo::triniti::wacko3:

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I think the heat was hitting him pretty hard. The bananas helped a little with his leg cramping and locking straight. Every time he would pass me I would penalize him one banana. It was pretty cute when I was holding them above his head and he kept jumping up trying to get one and landing on his cramped leg. Poor little fella.

Then I kicked him

99+ (100 on sunday ?) outside I took the heat gun and shot the bananas they were at 70º in the cool room....:up:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
That garage is freaking HUGE. I would build fast stuff there.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
That garage is freaking HUGE. I would build fast stuff there.
It’s 40’ deep and 25’ wide, with a 10’x10’ roll up door. The return pit road on sunday dumped us out right in front of it (counter clockwise). Otherwise it’s basically looking at turn 1 (West track) from the bay door.

August 17-18 next tentative dates for the East track. It will fill up pretty fast.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Me and DIno were talking to Rob the guy that runs Motofit and he suggested we come up to ORP next month. Robs a cool guy, we’ve rode with him a bunch of times. Not sure if these dates work for anyone. It’s just east of Portland, no hotels really that I know of near by, maybe an Airbnb or RV rental might work... 15A8A2F5-96C1-4D0D-AF4B-C2C57843D010.png

Stites

Are you thinking of doing this in addition to T-hill or in replace of?

Stites

So in addition? Or as usual you replied yes to fuck with me.....

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Yes I fuck with you.

I could do either or both. Dino thought it sounds pretty good. I would have to fly into Sac, work at the shop for a day or two for prep, load bikes (4 or 5?) and haul to Eugene to pick up Dino. From there we’d go to Grass Valley (Where ORP is), looks like a 4 hour tow.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
A Straight sho from Thill to ORP is 7:40. In that case Dino would just meet there.

Stites

Yes I fuck with you.

I could do either or both. Dino thought it sounds pretty good. I would have to fly into Sac, work at the shop for a day or two for prep, load bikes (4 or 5?) and haul to Eugene to pick up Dino. From there we’d go to Grass Valley (Where ORP is), looks like a 4 hour tow.

If you did you would be here state side for a few weeks? If you don't stay with Dino I also have room and a cool nice 72 degree shop in all the hot weather. If you need to work on bikes/generator I have the space to store the bikes, truck and trailer. Plus a spare bedroom.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
It would be A LOT better to work in your shop on the bikes. I just gotta figure in the driving time, it’s 3+ from Thill to you and 8.5 hours from your place to ORP. Not out of the question, but certainly more driving.

Stites

It would be A LOT better to work in your shop on the bikes. I just gotta figure in the driving time, it’s 3+ from Thill to you and 8.5 hours from your place to ORP. Not out of the question, but certainly more driving.
I am open to any dates but I was more thinking when you came back from Oregon, that said if you want to come here before and after Oregon I can make that work as well.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
On the way back would be much harder. After a track day weekend, I need to get home for a bit for my life of leisure.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Jeff, sorry for the obvious question:

Did you check the oil on the generator??

They have a low level shut off and it may be right on the edge. (I know you know that)

Stites

Then stop asking compound questions.....and shouldn't you be working??

Stop being an asshole......I think the Vegas heat is getting to you. Time to move into to a old folks home in Florida or something

Vegas12

BAMF+
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Jeff, sorry for the obvious question:

Did you check the oil on the generator??

They have a low level shut off and it may be right on the edge. (I know you know that)
Doesn’t seem like anything Honda would do as far as a low level issue, after a couple hours of use it surges then quits. I’ll check it next time I’m back but as it is I’m not giong to want to divert a lot of time screwing with this. Dino has a little generator we can use to bridge the gap, if we’re on Thill East we’ll pull shore power off one of the many many stands they have in the pits.

Also I need to figure out how to get more power out of the garage. Theres a 230v 50a in the corner I would love to knock down to a 120v source.

I’m in LA now waiting for a connection so not a lot I can do

Top Bottom