Thunderhill (East 3 mile) track day Nov 30 Dec 1.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
either way, I'll be at Thunderhill in a couple of days. Been there in the rain before.

rain is wet

been there in the cold before

cold....well...is cold

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
yah lets see if the tar vendor says DONT WEAR OUT YOUR RAINS... :rolleyes:

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
would you run rains if the track is just wet in spots? I've been there (with you) when it was wet but not raining.

Terry_Schiavo

would you run rains if the track is just wet in spots? I've been there (with you) when it was wet but not raining.
The conditions that weekend... cool/cold and wet with the moisture on the surface the whole day... yes. If not then DOT street tires would be the next option. I kinda shook my head at the "yard sale" of bikes that morning.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
obviously with out seeing the track it's anyones guess, I was thinking about Q4s (Q3s?), you think the rains are better?

Terry_Schiavo

obviously with out seeing the track it's anyones guess, I was thinking about Q4s (Q3s?), you think the rains are better?
they would be softer than a street tire and allow a faster pace. I probably wouldnt buy a set for 1 day vs going with street tires.
We'll just have to wait & see I guess.

Also I think I have a solid lead on some pitbulls in Sacramento. The stands... not the dogs...lol

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Spoke with Carters, they said they are watching the weather right now, there's snow in the forecast at the track. Lots of people have backed out, they're gonna make the decision in the next day or so on the event.

Dino has cancelled, southern Oregon is getting blasted today with a blizzard. Stites canceled riding but will maybe show weather permitting on Donner pass, I just spoke to Shaivo, we're gonna sit this one out riding wise but we'll still be at the shop at Thill working on bikes etc. But its gonna be a pretty quiet day I think.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Carters cancelled the event yesterday. Still going to try and get over the hill to help with some house keeping at the shop.

80 has closed in both directions the last two days and the Sierras have gotten hammered on. Could be a fun drive!

Stites

i wouldnt risk traveling to be there. Safety first
For me it will depend on when that next storm is going to hit the mountains. I will give you an answer by tomorrow so you can adjust the room

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
current conditions on Donner pass open with chains, 30 mph max, heavy traffic, no trucks, sounds wonderful and the weekend is looking worse.

Getting stuck on the pass is not worth it Scott. You mentioned getting stuck on the way back to. I gotta say if the weather is gonna be as sketchy as it sounds, stay home with your family and tow that sled thing around with your dirt bike. I rather see pictures of you and your happy family then you sitting in traffic idling your truck to stay warm.

Stites

Decided to stay home......they have closed the 80 the last three days straight. I know I can get over, not so sure about getting back. Another big storm is lined up to hit tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you guys have fun and I will catch you next round. I really wanted to get this delivered and installed. 5BA9FB9C-1547-4BBC-806A-93E982A5C225.jpeg B15C09D4-0049-428C-A32B-526A0E4490DF.jpeg

Stites

You are a complete savage Mr. Stites.

That thing is awesome.

If you were a real man you'd put it in a fuckin' back pack and walk it there :)
Nice edit.....it’s 4 ft x 4 ft if I put it on my back with the winds over the Sierra I could hang glide the fucker there

Terry_Schiavo

i drove some 300 mikes today. Chico to track then back to Chico to Sacramento back to the track. Dropped off wheels, got packages, got pair of pitbulls. Also got some fresh pan at a latino market

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Spent a cold rainy day at the shop, Shaivo did probably 10x the mount of work I did. Ran into a little issue with his rear shock.

Started to rain around noon. A high if about 42. Woulda been a shitty track day for sure. Tomorrow I’m sure will be more of he same. We’re all abandoning ship though.

The up side is I ran into Rod Powell who is the guy that built the Ridge at Shelton. It was great to catch up with him again. Kinda lost track of him a couple years ago. We had some laughs. I bugged him to come a do a track day with us which he said sounded like fun.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
wrapping up a rainy weekend. Got a little work down with Shaivo, salvaged part fo the trip Toyhauler shopping today...didnt buy one thankfully, yet.

headed home tomorrow. I'm waiting now for next years schedule for Thunderhill.

here's the official Motofit schedule for the PNW. Looks like one visit to the ridge (officially) but this might be subject to change though Rob said he was more inclined to do 4 events this next year.
IMG_4072.jpeg

also I heard a rumor that MotoAmerica might not be an absolute lock at the Ridge but it's still basically a rumor. The issue is that the road in and out of that track might not be with in county specs for service of a crowd that size. Emergency vehicles need access etc but who knows, Theres always a way, special use permits etc..

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
that's with Motofit (Rob Burch), there still lots of other providers. June-july have 20 plus days you can ride at the ridge I think. Couple years ago ORP was hard for him to get track time at, now it switched. I'm gonna try pretty hard for ORP too this year...swing for the fence

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
ok, June has 8 riding days at the ridge so far, July has 11, Motofit is immediately followed by another 2 day event (week days though) 4 days in a row at the Ridge...

Terry_Schiavo

just scored another CRF tonight... lol. Good to have friends with kids that grew out of em! :D
Brings the fleet count to 6. Sooooo lets try to do something this winter on the east coast even if just a quick weekend.

Stites

just scored another CRF tonight... lol. Good to have friends with kids that grew out of em! :D
Brings the fleet count to 6. Sooooo lets try to do something this winter on the east coast even if just a quick weekend.
I could probably swing a long weekend

Stites

I was pretty bummed we didn’t get to ride this weekend. Looks like I have at least 90 day wait for the next opportunity.

This was it looked like to get in or out of Reno this morning. Chain controls in all directions EE390974-9C0F-41D7-92E9-2B6DD874618A.png

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
don't know about 90 days...I'm working on a plan to hit Chuckwalla. Still some missing components though. Might be a little far for you. I'll keep you in the loop though.

on that map, is the heavy purple the chain area?

Stites

don't know about 90 days...I'm working on a plan to hit Chuckwalla. Still some missing components though. Might be a little far for you. I'll keep you in the loop though.

on that map, is the heavy purple the chain area?
I have fly miles, it’s either Chuckwalla or Florida with the skinny jeans wearing badge toting guy 951DCD38-E01E-4679-804A-9578B96DB23A.png

Terry_Schiavo

good news in FL...no hotel needed :)
Atlanta is 2hrs from track. Jax is 3.5.

Top Bottom