Thunder hill track day August 17-18

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
New date August 17-18 east track

I'm booking right now. Carters will run the west track, (2 mile) CCW. Saturday and Sunday. Hotels are scarce in Willows right now. I am staying at Best Western. Think theres a couple rooms left, theres another place down the street if need be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Hotel, flights, trackway all booked. I can pick up at SAC on Friday probably if anyone flys in. I get in Thursday 9:42 AM and will spend part of that day and Friday working in the shop. Anyone coming early help would be appreciated.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
If I wasn't going for carpal tunnel surgery on the 27 of this month I would fly out and help out a bit. I got to get both these hands done, the constant numbness is driving my bananas

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
really sorry we'll miss you, you'd have a bike to ride if you ever wanted. The 2 mile track is super easy to learn, lots of elevation changes, only 7 turns I think. Really fun. There will be another day :up:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
And I will be there. Been looking for a track only bike. Maybe by next one I'll have one. :)

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
no worries we have a pretty good stash of bikes right now. You've got a standing invite.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Faaaack! I LOVE THUNDERHILL!!

This is one of the few times I wish I still had my track Busa, a set of proper leathers and I was single :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

rumble phish

BAMF+
pretty sure theres some size 60 leathers and an R1... do eeet!
HEY mother fucker!

Size 46-48 now :ducmanic: But your close to what I was wearing. My suit was 61" chest and 56" waist.

And even if someone had a bike I could use, I guarantee it wouldn't be sprung properly for my size and would be too dangerous for me to ride. My Busa had a 900 lb Eibach rear spring w/custom valves and my forks had custom springs from Racetech (equivalent to 1.5's!!!) along with custom valves as well. I had almost as much in my suspension and brakes as most guys had in their entire track bike! A 200 lb rider could hop on my Busa and it wouldn't sag more than an inch. It was one stiffly sprung ride (and it had to be!).

Terry_Schiavo

HOLYBAMF
I dont know about that... the R1 isnt sprung soft. Still has stock suspension...
though I do have some components in my garage for it...lol
wish I could make it just to help out... :(

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
HEY mother fucker!

Size 46-48 now :ducmanic: But your close to what I was wearing. My suit was 61" chest and 56" waist.

And even if someone had a bike I could use, I guarantee it wouldn't be sprung properly for my size and would be too dangerous for me to ride. My Busa had a 900 lb Eibach rear spring w/custom valves and my forks had custom springs from Racetech (equivalent to 1.5's!!!) along with custom valves as well. I had almost as much in my suspension and brakes as most guys had in their entire track bike! A 200 lb rider could hop on my Busa and it wouldn't sag more than an inch. It was one stiffly sprung ride (and it had to be!).
I understand your reservations but it's just a track day. Not trying to win anything here. The 3 mile track which is what you probably ran, yes, you could probably compress the suspension a lot. The 2 mile track while having lots of good elevation change is a tighter track and doesn't have the big whoop like you get between 9&10 on Thill east or even 5. There is a little bump on the front straight that if you shift to second on you could loop it but other then that it's pretty easy.

Theres no entry fee so if you wanna stop by let me know. We should be pretty easy to find.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Fuck. Maybe I should blow off SBK in Monterey and run up to see you guys. I don't have to be in Napa until Monday.

S.C.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Oh shit. I just noticed the THill day is the week after. I have to be back at work on Monday the 22nd.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
HEY mother fucker!

Hey, hey, hey now, don't be posting about fucking our beloved moms

You be assaulting our safe spaces without the requisite trigger warning!!!

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Oh shit. I just noticed the THill day is the week after. I have to be back at work on Monday the 22nd.
does that mean you'll be back in Az by then? Where in Napa are you gonna be? It's like 2 hours tops from Thill.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
ok, saw your reply on the mojo thread, if you're riding then yes it's gonna be a pull to hit Az by monday morning. Door's always open though.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
ok, saw your reply on the mojo thread, if you're riding then yes it's gonna be a pull to hit Az by monday morning. Door's always open though.
Yeah, I leave Napa the Thursday before the TH weekend.

Depending on who arrives when, maybe I will swing up there Thursday evening.

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
HEY mother fucker!

Shit, my FUSO isn't sprung for your weight!:eek:

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
so far looks like a couple of maybes and lots of no's

Dino

wrist twister...
Looks loike I'm in A on Sat. And B- on Sunday. Talked to some woman about getting on the waiting list for B+ on Sunday. Need tarz Mr. Mulani!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm still looking for a proper track bike.

I have something by next spring

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
holy fucking expedia fuck ups. somehow I got double booked at the best western. Was gonna cancel one when I realized that the holiday inn was the better place. anyway. Looks like Dino is the only one thats gonna ride this weekend at Thill.

BigGar

high on placebo
I'm really sorry brother. Too much chaos in my life and too much happening in the next month or so to break away. Hope to see you lads soon and thanks for not giving up on me.
Ride safe and have a great time.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Gar, no worries brother, I'll keep harassing you until you come. I promise not to mention or show pictures of you in your rainbow unicorn pajamas or your deep love of spandex unitard riding outfits.

Qwik, sorry to see you selling your TL. I think you need to come out and give it one more thrashing to fully determine its value....(and then leave it in the shop at Thill)

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Took the red eye to SFO, more man buns here then I care to ever see again. Boarding soon to SMF, then to Thill to work on bikes, DIno will show up this. Afternoon.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I'm finding it difficult to see this happening here. :confused:
Even harder knowing I was stupid enough to pass this up.:screama::smashtard:

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Sitting on the ramp in a puddle jumper for a 15 minute leap across the valley. Been on the plane waiting now for longer then the flight will take.

Btw I’m expanding “man bun” to anyone here that’s trendy:fu:

Fucking wow, how did this happen

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Lack of attendance.
I’m planning on being at Thill a few more times this year. There’s lots of ways here, lots of ways to cut costs. There are bike options. You can camp at the track etc....

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
76 degrees in Sacramento right now. Way better then I thought it would be

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Tinhead, it’s pretty easy here to ride too. You could go in B- or B+ or if your’e really feeling it A. NExt time will probably be the 3 mile track. RV rentals look pretty good here too so you can stay at the track.

Paul, the 3 mile track has some decent speed, big sweepers, hills, etc. I think you’d have a good time.

I might try renting a RV next time and having them drop it off at the track so there’s a nice AC lounge. Maybe Terry Shaivo can get off his fucking ass and get his R1 in proper shape....just say’n

Gar, seriously, you live in this state. I fully expect you to show up in your rainbow unicorn onessy riding outfit.

Terry_Schiavo

HOLYBAMF
In Gars defense... its quicker for me to fly and drive than for him to drive.
I wish I could be there...had a prior obligation .

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm a bit lost on how you got your bikes there. Is there a place to leave them.. fly in ride store them and fly out?

Top Bottom