Those 4 stroke mx bikes make way more torque

wormser77

BAMF+
Than 2 strokes right?
Guy out of portland is a KX500 guru and has been dynoing all sorts of configurations.
This is his latest. 2019 YZ450, I believe stock in blue.
Dinosaur KX500 with an induction crank and lower port timing, also jetted correctly. Other than that stock in red.
Also just a smidge of hp difference👍🏻

Wretch

amazingly graceful
4 strokes make smoother torque.

2 smokes make peaky kick you right in the nuts torque.

A 485cc 2 smoke will pull like a 1000cc 4 stroke...

...lung-jevity of power/efficiency is shorter on the 2 smokes though, as we know.

whipit1K

BAMF
Those 4 stroke mx bikes make way better , rideable torque.
there, fixed it for ya

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
A CR500R with a 2 lb flywheel addition was the neatest dirt bike I ever rode. It had a pipe on it, but I forget what brand.

It pulled like a 4 stroke from the bottom through the midrange, then when it got on the pipe, it was sayonara diesels....

My buddy won our areas overall Hare Scramble championship with it. Very nice bike to ride fast through the woods of NE Ohio.

OP
wormser77

wormser77

BAMF+
I run a 540 big bore, boyseen rad intake with carbon reeds and a fmf gnarly desert low boy pipe on my KX and it pulls off the bottom like a freight train! This set up gives it much more torque than a 450 with a missile top end.
In supermoto you come out of a corner and roll into it in 3rd and it just yank you to the next corner!

fuzzuki

BAMF
Website
www.fuzzy-riders.com
I have ridden my brothers CR500 and then the new CRF450 almost back to back.
I was disappointed with the CRF because nothing, I mean nothing pulls like a CR500.

Yes the CRF was more tractable and easier to ride, but who the fuck wants easy to ride????

llord2

BAM
Had a CR500 with VPE tuning/suspension. My Bro had a KX500 stock. The CR would destroy it in top end but the KX had a little more manageable mid-range that made it feel quicker on the trails we rode.

agri

BAMF
I rode a 1985 CR500 for 10 years in the woods.
What I liked was the massive low end torque, I rarely revved the thing out.
Being young back then with lots of power meant there were few hills you would not give a go at.
To this day we still have a hill that none of my friends got up and the 500 clawed up to the top with no issue.
before the winter came in I hit a long steep sand hill with the KTM 150 that I had not ridden since I had the 500.
The 150 spinning its guts out barely made it up. I remember like yesterday running that hill with the 500 starting in 2nd and at the top was in 4th.
Great memories.

Vegas12

BAMF+
GM built tens of thousands of two stroke diesels for trucks and busses. Look up the "Buzzin Dozen", Rocky Mountain Humming Bird", "Two Stroke Joke".

According to you and Schiavo, a lot of those two strokes aren't diesels.....who knows what Schiavo is babbling about, but you are officially on record stating a V motor can't be a diesel....😄😄

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
According to you and Schiavo, a lot of those two strokes aren't diesels.....who knows what Schiavo is babbling about, but you are officially on record stating a V motor can't be a diesel....😄😄
I'd only want an inline 6 Diesel ENGINE. So much simpler and just all around better.

Top Bottom