This place needs a watch thread

BigGar

high on placebo
That’s expensive. But have you seen what a Tudor NATO costs? Over a hundred bux!

I find that most of the natos out there are pretty much the same with the varying weave and thickness. The difference being how it’s branded.
I've got three different BluShark straps. They're not crazy expensive and I think if you buy two for thirtysomething each you get the third one free, whatever...

I got an Alpha slim, a "Pajama" band, and a standard AlphaShark "premier" or something.

The Pajama is really comfortable and looks good. It's like having stretchy blue jeans on. They look like blue jeans but feel like fucking yoga pants.

The Alpha Slim is just that. It's little thinner material, dries quicker, but has round holes and a round adjustment catch. Not my favorite as the round holes and slim fabric are kind of a recipe for stretching and possibly tearing a bit.

Premier is thicker "seat belt" fabric, slotted holes and flat adjustment catch seems stronger as well. Not as comfortable but any NATO band is far more comfortable than pretty much any other band you've ever had a watch on.

BigGar

high on placebo
And yes, I feel like a fuckin' NATO band is pretty much a NATO band. No way I'd pay $70, or $100 or more for a nylon strap with a few metal catches. They're all strong enough to basically pull your hand off before breaking. I felt like a total rube spending thirty bucks on a BluShark when I could have bought a pack of ten different colors of NATO bands for something like sixteen bucks on Amazon. My buddy is a watch nut and said BluShark Alpha bands were the ones to have, so I bought a few. I'm not unhappy, but I know I could have spent quite a bit less, like 90% less...

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
I have quite a few NATO/Zulu bands and a few of them are Blu Sharks as well and they are reasonably priced. Plus they’re on sale right now. 😀

Last edited:

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
The 2nd watch was delivered this morning. All titanium so pretty light considering the size.

2nd Watch 1 Web.png

This one fits since the bracelet is 8-3/4", roughly. Probably getting a nylon NATO styled strap, maybe even a leather variant. Straps are cheap enough and swap out so quickly, I may buy a few different colors for each one.

2nd Watch 2 Web.png

gsteve

BAMF+
I know I need to get my original band rebuilt or replaced with another if I can find one. In the meantime I'm really enjoying the NATO straps and being able to swap them out in five seconds. I also like the fact that even if a pin fails, I'm not going to lose the watch.
Gar , check out Rubberb straps. Might be something til you get a new bracelet i like mine a bunch.

A23

BAMF
I threw a thinnish NATO on the Squale...hate it.

I'm looking for a bead blasted (non-mesh) bracelet...can't find any...only "brushed".

Also have my eye on this ETA 7750 chronograph.

A23

BAMF
Like those too. I have a few of them. View attachment 27068

I was looking at the new turtles...remembered I had one stashed away somewhere...6309-7040

I thought it was DOA...but I threw a strap on it and wore it today. Fuckers working and keeping decent time.
Lume on dial is non-existent...but the hands glow.

Seikos are like the Toyotas of watches...

image.jpg

A23

BAMF
Spoke too soon...

Took it off my wrist and it stopped after a few minutes...no power reserve.

Oh well...I'll have my prime watchmaker take a look.

A23

BAMF
Weird...Left it on the dresser overnight and it was running fine this morning.

I just don't trust it. The bezel is wonky..the dial has lost it's lume.

I can't believe how prices on these 6309's have risen. Maybe it's worth re-habbing after all.

My watch fetish is back in full swing...It took a hit after 20 choice pieces were burgled...still makes me nauseous.

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
I thought you were going to say that you’d sell it cheap 😎

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
That's not a Glock, it's a Hi-Point which is so horribly formed and built, it's painful. True abominations.

A23

BAMF
This piece I picked up on ebay for like $36 bux.

Branded Tourneau...I thought it might have good innards.

Manual wind cal.7734

IMG_20191205_190219352.jpg

IMG_20191205_191035551.jpg

Top Bottom