This place needs a watch thread

BigGar

high on placebo
Plastic crystal on a ceramic bezel Sea Dweller? Looks like it but pretty sure they're all sapphire. Some would say the silicone band is a sin. I like it. I've been having fun swapping out different NATO bands on my GMT, but I'll still get the steel OEM one rebuilt or replaced eventually.

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
Looks like the case is brushed ever so slightly.

While most do think a band change is terrible, I like the rubber band and like Gar....it’s nice to be able to change out bands/nato straps.

Rolex bracelets cost as much as some other nice watches. 😎

gsteve

BAMF+
Looks like the case is brushed ever so slightly.

While most do think a band change is terrible, I like the rubber band and like Gar....it’s nice to be able to change out bands/nato straps.

Rolex bracelets cost as much as some other nice watches. 😎
Ding ding ding! Winner !! I bought it from a guy who wore it a lot and the polished sides showed marks. I brushed the sides only as the rest of the case is factory brushed. I quite dislike the polished stuff. And yes I installed the rubberb brand strap.

Just saw this. Kind of like the strap actually. Like a Panerai at least 95% of them. If you send the bracelet to Rolex even the watch for that matter in Dallas they can make it look like new.

My wife knows some of the people there. That trade is a small world and the watchmakers go back and forth.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I can't wear rubber straps. They pull at my arm hair. NATO or a bracelet for me. Occasionally I can do leather.

S.C.

gsteve

BAMF+
I do love the dssd bracelet, the clasp is incredible. But wanted a bit less flash. If I ever want to sell it I’ll send it in for a full refinish.

Last edited:

HG

Looks like a band by Rubber B

👍🏽

A23

BAMF
I've bought a lot of rubber bands because most of watches are tool or dive watches.

I recently got some Archer Bands and I love 'em.

They don't pull on my arm hair, they're flexible & tough. They don't collect lint ot dog hair.

And they come with pins that can be released with a fingernail...no tool needed.

HG

Is that an Archer on the MkII?

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
There's a Tissot I've had my eye on and it's no longer available on Amazon.. Aside from an authorized retail store charging full pop, what online source would be a safe bet and have better pricing?

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
There's a Tissot I've had my eye on and it's no longer available on Amazon.. Aside from an authorized retail store charging full pop, what online source would be a safe bet and have better pricing?

I think Springer's carries Tissot... if You pm a photo and the cat #

i will see what i can do...

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I went full retard one night last week and ordered a bunch of straps for the watches.

Nice leather strap for the Damasko.

Tossed this one on one of my Seiko orange Samurais.

I also got this NATO for the Damasko. This strap will spend most of the time on this watch. It's going to get sweaty on bicycle rides and at the gym, so leather, bracelets or silicone just don't work for me. Also, this one looks real good on the Damasko.

S.C.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
I like YOUR style too Scott
NATO straps, leather straps...anything but metal

rotts4u

BAMF
Jomashop is good. My breitling is from there and Breitling even accepted the warranty registration card etc and I got the free Breitling hat even

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I like YOUR style too Scott
NATO straps, leather straps...anything but metal
I'll wear a bracelet, but it's not practical. It's bling. I have two Seiko Samurais, one orange, and one Blue Lagoon that are on bracelets, and always will be. But they aren't the practical work horse watches. My Damasko, the NATO orange Seiko and my Bertucci are my watches that get almost all the wrist time, and they are all no NATO straps.

S.C.
Jomashop is good. My breitling is from there and Breitling even accepted the warranty registration card etc and I got the free Breitling hat even
I go to local watch nerd events and get watch hats. I have a Bremont and Tag hat so far. The best part of these events is the free food and booze. Since it's always high end shit, the consumables are always top notch.

S.C.

A23

BAMF
I'll wear a bracelet, but it's not practical. It's bling. I have two Seiko Samurais, one orange, and one Blue Lagoon that are on bracelets, and always will be. But they aren't the practical work horse watches. My Damasko, the NATO orange Seiko and my Bertucci are my watches that get almost all the wrist time, and they are all no NATO straps.

I go to local watch nerd events and get watch hats. I have a Bremont and Tag hat so far. The best part of these events is the free food and booze. Since it's always high end shit, the consumables are always top notch.
I've tried NATO straps...I have a bunch in my kit. Much as I want to like them I don't use 'em.

They add (too much) height to my already thick watches.

BigGar

high on placebo
I still need to get my original old Jubilee band restored for my watch, but I'm really loving the NATO bands. Comfortable and I can swap them out in ten seconds too. I've got some BluShark ones right now, but I'm going to look for some with the ovalish type rings instead of the rectangle ones.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I still need to get my original old Jubilee band restored for my watch, but I'm really loving the NATO bands. Comfortable and I can swap them out in ten seconds too. I've got some BluShark ones right now, but I'm going to look for some with the ovalish type rings instead of the rectangle ones.
Ovalish implies ZULU strap, rather than NATO. So search on that.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I've tried NATO straps...I have a bunch in my kit. Much as I want to like them I don't use 'em.

NATO straps will only add the thickness of the strap itself, which is only a couple of millimeters. Not a huge deal.

They work for me because they cause no sweat buildup, which is a big deal for me.

S.C.

HG

Have you tried the single pass type?

BigGar

high on placebo
NATO straps will only add the thickness of the strap itself, which is only a couple of millimeters. Not a huge deal.

They work for me because they cause no sweat buildup, which is a big deal for me.

S.C.
Actually double the thickness as there are two layers of strap under the watch, unless it's the single pass of course. I just took my watch off. My strap stinks bad. I'll soak in in a little bleachy solution tonight to freshen it up I guess. I've got more!

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Actually double the thickness as there are two layers of strap under the watch, unless it's the single pass of course. I just took my watch off. My strap stinks bad. I'll soak in in a little bleachy solution tonight to freshen it up I guess. I've got more!
The added thickness just isn't an issue for me.

S.C.

Team222

BAMF
This is the first watch I bought for myself, Caravelle Swiss Made, I was 12 or 13 yrs old, so 68, 69. It had a thin black leather band, I upgraded to a leather cuff band before I left the store. I had it and all my Dad's watches gone through and period bands put on.

IMG_0640.JPG

Team222

BAMF
I bought this Omega Automatic Day Date in 1974, the year I graduated from High school .

IMG_0631.JPG

Team222

BAMF
This is my Father's Hamilton Slim Line mechanical, he wore this as his dd from the fifties through the sixties.

IMG_0630.JPG

Team222

BAMF
This is my father's Hamilton Quartz Swiss, one of the early movements, he wore it from the 70's until he passed in the early 90's.

IMG_0632.JPG

Team222

BAMF
I bought this 15 yrs or so ago, ForMotion New~Wave, Jap Quartz movement, nothing spl I just liked it.

IMG_0633.JPG

A23

BAMF
The added thickness just isn't an issue for me.

There's a joke in there somewhere....

I have thin wrists and don't like a tight strap...watches I wear tend to rotate. I've got a cigar box full of failed straps.
Mostly NATO straps that are too thick to fit under the watch pins.

You're a big boned wookie...

Team222

BAMF
A Foosil with a cuff, I got more but they are nothing compared to the nice stuff here on the thread.

IMG_0641.JPG

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
One of my favorite watches just died. I have an Android Hyraumatic GMT and it's dead. I just put a new battery in not so long ago thinking that was the issue, but it is not. The problem is Android is no longer in business and the company that bought out the design no longer makes the watch either. The good thing is I found one on ebay pretty cheap, brand new, so I just picked that up and it it on the way.
watch.jpg

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Surprisingly it isn't. The springs have a thick, solid metal band behind them so they never get close to your skin or the hair on your wrist. It's not the most comfortable watch though the band is solid and not flexible at all, but it fits the shape of my wrist pretty well.

Bandit Man

BAMF
Matt Farah is a huge watch fan and is always posting them on his smokingtire social media. Personally I dont see the attraction of expensive watches.

The Cardiologist has me wearing a samsung smart watch so they can track my progress and make sure I do my 15K steps a day and I hate wearing it, I guess Im just not used to be wearing one.

A commercial I did around 1992ish. I gave the watch to wrenchwhore and he wore it for years

fuzzuki

BAMF
Website
www.fuzzy-riders.com
One of my favorite watches just died. I have an Android Hyraumatic GMT and it's dead. I just put a new battery in not so long ago thinking that was the issue, but it is not. The problem is Android is no longer in business and the company that bought out the design no longer makes the watch either. The good thing is I found one on ebay pretty cheap, brand new, so I just picked that up and it it on the way.
View attachment 26015

Arg. What an abomination.

Top Bottom