This place needs a watch thread

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
That watch is nice... love the blasted case.
Damasko wasn't on my radar but it is now.

When I started looking for a chrono, and also my first watch which I guess would fall into the "luxury" category due to price, I had set a $5,000 limit. Not much was blowing up my skirt. My requirements were simple. A chrono which was easy to read, and something which could take a little bause. I was considering a used Omega Planet Ocean chrono, and was also looking at a Sinn 936. Then I found this thing, and took a chance. It's now my primary watch, getting about 90% of my watch wearing time these days. I really love the watch. No ragrets!

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Eh, OK, it's a bit different. Is it worth almost the same as a nice Tudor?
No.
I'll never own a Tudor. Wearing a Tudor says "I can't afford a Rolex". :biggrin:

The Air King is the only Rolex on my list from that family of watch makers. I find that to be a nice, clean, sexy bitch. I have no need for any other Rolex or Tudor.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Also, I didn't buy the DC80 based on worth compared to other watches. Only watch investors should think that way. Buy the watch you want/love, and can afford.

Sure, I can buy an Explorer, wear it for a few years, and sell it at a profit, or at worst, break even. But in theory, I'm not buying an Explorer unless I really want one. And then, I'm not selling it, because I bought it because I really love it and not to make a profit.

S.C.

Reactions: HG

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
The Milgauss is nice.

I like the tinted crystal and the scratch resistance.

It’s worth twice what it sold for 10 or so years ago.

Last edited:

gsteve

BAMF+
ive been a watch nerd a longgggg time. I did the mathand ive spent over 175,000 on them. Not all at once of course but still.... Ive had a garmin f6 for a year now and i think im going to sell all my nice watches and say fuck it. I installed a easy to see and good looking face on it and really like everything its capable of. There is a f7 coming and will gladly buy it.

E4E7FAAB-E8BF-4EBD-8F1A-14B978F6238B.jpeg

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
ive been a watch nerd a longgggg time. I did the mathand ive spent over 175,000 on them. Not all at once of course but still.... Ive had a garmin f6 for a year now and i think im going to sell all my nice watches and say fuck it. I installed a easy to see and good looking face on it and really like everything its capable of. There is a f7 coming and will gladly buy it.

View attachment 86606

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
This shit actually pisses me off, It enrages me. I have to stop watching it
I totally understand. Who the fuck lets a watch get to that point? Maybe it was lost in a flood. I can only hope it's something like that. Putting that shit aside, it's beautiful to witness it come back from the dead.

What's your opinion on polishing out the case back and case? Are you for leaving the original scratches, or cleaning them up?

Also, can you explain the stem installation?

S.C.

fuzzuki

BAMF
Website
www.fuzzy-riders.com
I totally understand. Who the fuck lets a watch get to that point? Maybe it was lost in a flood. I can only hope it's something like that. Putting that shit aside, it's beautiful to witness it come back from the dead.

What's your opinion on polishing out the case back and case? Are you for leaving the original scratches, or cleaning them up?

Also, can you explain the stem installation?

S.C.
Polishing should be done every service. Make her look brand new.
It's the blatant amateur hour servicing the movement that gets my blood boiling.
Being a watchmaking instructor isn't all it's cracked up to be.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Dusting off this bitch. I bought this tonight. I fucking love the dial. I love the strap. The picture is of the 37mm version, which I don't like because of the 6 being eaten by the seconds sub dial. I ordered the 40mm which shows the entire number 6. I also ordered a spare strap which is 20mm end to end, in addition to the one pictured. It just strikes me as an awesome old school look which I love. It has a Miyota movement. Nothing fancy, but a solid product.

Size difference can be seen here, but that's not the dial color I ordered. The pic also shows the spare strap I ordered. Not sure if I love the big strap, so I have options.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Really had to "watch" what I was doing assembling that clutch. I have never seen one like it before. The pressure plate has groves and notches on it. So you have to put one steel and one fiber plate on the pressure plate before you fuck with trying to line it up with the clutch hub. The ramps on the clutch hubs adds to the assembly fun. Only place to get plates for it, is OEM because of the design of it.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Really had to "watch" what I was doing assembling that clutch. I have never seen one like it before. The pressure plate has groves and notches on it. So you have to put one steel and one fiber plate on the pressure plate before you fuck with trying to line it up with the clutch hub. The ramps on the clutch hubs adds to the assembly fun. Only place to get plates for it, is OEM because of the design of it.
ZX6?

rotts4u

BAMF
I just bought myself one of these. ITs my second Bulova Precisionist. For the price they are hard to beat if you shop and get a deal. I think I paid $469 shipped for it. Thats not my arm but it is a big watch

Top Bottom