This place needs a watch thread

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
No PM reply yet so I don't know. I'm guessing he wants to make sure that my buddy's Rolex serial number is registered with Rolex as a "lost" watch and maybe it finds it's way back to him someday when it's taken in for service or something?
Nice. I'd never have thought Rolex would do that.

S.C.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Team222

BAMF
Does anyone own a Steinhart timepiece? There’s a couple of their dive watches I’m interested in.
I’m looking hard at their Ocean One Vintage and a couple of the other 42mm dive watches.

Last edited:
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Does anyone own a Steinhart timepiece? There’s a couple of their dive watches I’m interested in.
I’m looking hard at their Ocean One Vintage and a couple of the other 42mm dive watches.

Ain't nothing wrong with them. ETA movements. I know a few people who are very happy with the them.

S.C.

• Red

Team222

BAMF
Ain't nothing wrong with them. ETA movements. I know a few people who are very happy with the them.

S.C.
I decided to start at the beginning of this thread and saw your OP that started all of this, a Steinhart Ocean4 in the end of your post.

Did you buy it?

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I decided to start at the beginning of this thread and saw your OP that started all of this, a Steinhart Ocean4 in the end of your post.

Did you buy it?
Didn't get it. No more affordable watches for me. I'm saving for grail watch. Rolex Air King, Omega Planet Ocean chrono, Panerai Radiomir or one of a few others.

S.C.

• Red

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
I’ve been trying to resist the smart/hrm because I really like a traditional watch. But I see what the allure is.

BigGar

high on placebo
I’ve been trying to resist the smart/hrm because I really like a traditional watch. But I see what the allure is.
I'd love some sort of faceless strap or clip-on transponder that just keeps track of shit and sends it to my phone.
I'm not going to be a fuckng two-watch guy as that's just dumb but I'm not giving up my GMT Master.
I know there's the Whoop strap but I bought a cheap ass smart watch for $35 that I wear when I go to Mexico dirt bike riding.
It tracks everything, answers my phone, controls music on my phone, schedule, blah blah blah . . .
I just wish it did it without a glass face wristwatch look about it.

shotlady

With a Damn Nice Rack
Im trying to find a ceramic slim watch in white to wear when i do pearls. i dont feel right with gold and all my other accessories are pearl. like 8-10 mm case height and about 35 for the case face. I ordered a couple and boy are they ugly in person. and they look like a mans watch. slim, is key here

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
I have 2 nice watches... a panerai 1616 and brietling B55. ever since getting a garmin fenix 6 i havent worn either of em.
I'm not a collector and just wanted a functional instrument. Battery life was the biggest factor for me for not getting something sooner. With Garmin Enduro it is no longer an issue. It is a Tesla of watches. There is a good chance Omega will go on the chopping block.

LuxPride

BAMF
Im trying to find a ceramic slim watch in white to wear when i do pearls. i dont feel right with gold and all my other accessories are pearl. like 8-10 mm case height and about 35 for the case face. I ordered a couple and boy are they ugly in person. and they look like a mans watch. slim, is key here
What's your budget? Here are a few. I don't have any real world experience with any of these models (cause I'm not a chick) but it's a start. lol

BigBusa

BAMF+
WHen I read the title of this thread... "this place needs"... All I can think of is ...AN ENEMA.

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
Normally I’m not a bracelet guy but the jubilee seems to be the most comfortable.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Well, you have 1 nice watch........
Gsteve, he doesn't like your Breitling. :dirtypete:

Even knowing how our in-house watch expert feels about that brand, I still have a hard on for a no-longer-made Superocean Heritage just like this. Has to have the bracelet. Has to have the red seconds hand. This to me, is just a stunning watch.

There's a few others on my list ahead of it, but I'll have one some day.

S.C.

Top Bottom