This place needs a watch thread

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Interesting article SC. That was a guy with a reason to wear two I suppose, although he could have just worn a GMT style watch. Might have taken a bit more than a glance to ascertain different times though.
We have a guy (and his mom) who come to our local watch nerd events. Both are always doubled up, and it's almost always some flavor of an Omega Speedy. He has 18 fucking Speedmasters.

S.C.

nomad

BAMF

Like most of these guys that think owning hundreds of watches is a cool thing, there is a lot of crap in this collection. But, for every Locman (seriously, he owned more than one) there is an Urwerk 103 (seriously, he owned more than one). There are a few decent Rolexes including one Paul Newman Daytona, some nice APs and Pateks, and then a whole bunch of diamond covered tourbillons and the like.

Team222

BAMF
Bought my son a new watch to celebrate his discharge from the hospital, should be here by the time he gets home! Nothing too expensive but still iconic, pics when it arrives!
IMG_0862.JPG

Last edited:

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Article from 2011.....

Like most of these guys that think owning hundreds of watches is a cool thing, there is a lot of crap in this collection. But, for every Locman (seriously, he owned more than one) there is an Urwerk 103 (seriously, he owned more than one). There are a few decent Rolexes including one Paul Newman Daytona, some nice APs and Pateks, and then a whole bunch of diamond covered tourbillons and the like.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I've been eyeballing an Alpinist for a long time. It finally came home today.

It will be going on a NATO strap as soon as I can find one that matches up well.

S.c.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Nice, Stu. What's it got for a movement?

I've picked up a couple new ones recently. I'll post pictures later.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I've wanted an Alpinist for a long time. It came on a shit alligator strap. I found this leather one, which I think makes it a real nice combination.

Then, some guy on a watch thread on advrider.com started asking about Russian watches. So, I started poking around and found this. Cold war era manual wind movement tossed in a new case, shipped over from Ukraine. WP would approve. This came on a black leather NATO strap, which is real fucking nice.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I don't like mercedes hour hands for some reason...although I'll put up with it on a Heuer dive watch.
Yeah, not as big an issue with me, but I do like some other hands much more. My Samurai hands on the Seiko, for example

S.C.

fuzzuki

BAMF
Website
www.fuzzy-riders.com

Want an eye opener.
Check Ellen Degeneres's collection, and then watch her on TV and try to figure out what she's wearing on that day

BigGar

high on placebo
My buddy just picked this up the other day. He lost. LOST his green "Hulk" Submariner a couple of years ago 🤮.

He'd been wanting to get something new for awhile and picked this up for $3,800.

I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm obviously partial to the GMT watches.

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
My buddy just picked this up the other day. He lost. LOST his green "Hulk" Submariner a couple of years ago 🤮.
:eek:

I know someone that used to run an Airbnb.

Surprising to see how many people leave stuff like that behind and don’t remember!

BigGar

high on placebo
Something good or bad about the Tudor?

S.C.
No PM reply yet so I don't know. I'm guessing he wants to make sure that my buddy's Rolex serial number is registered with Rolex as a "lost" watch and maybe it finds it's way back to him someday when it's taken in for service or something?

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
No PM reply yet so I don't know. I'm guessing he wants to make sure that my buddy's Rolex serial number is registered with Rolex as a "lost" watch and maybe it finds it's way back to him someday when it's taken in for service or something?
Nice. I'd never have thought Rolex would do that.

S.C.

Top Bottom