This place needs a watch thread

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Do we have one? I know I've posted watch shit before. But I can't find it.

Anyway, my new lust.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/watches/steinhart-watches/ocean-44-matte-dlc-ceramic-gnomon-exclusive

These guys use a common ETA-2824 movement. It's the Chevy small block of movements. Very good stuff, but not the best.

Anyway, I've been searching for a beater watch with a chrono, and holy shit, that leads me down so many ratholes. This was one of them. Totally not what I was looking for. But here I am.

Now I want this watch.

Getting back on track. I want a sub-$100 watch that has chrono capability, with a 60 minute clock. Many have only 30. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a chrono, only to get it beat up while out mountain biking, or whatever. Truly, I want a beater. I boughta Timex that was total shit, and I sent it back. So the search continues.

S.C.

Attachments

Billy V

BAMF
I sold my presidential rolex a few months ago - never wore it in Kail.

I got an iPhone with a clock in it now. :lol:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com

no cellphone on me... it stays in the Vanson waiting for duty...

so i still like to wear a nice timepiece the way Sail likes to tool around is some sweet classic truck...

if i had to wear a timepiece everyday... it would be a toss up between...

or this... depends what i was doing really...

... did You notice that the above Rolex has a quartz movement? That is my next Rolex...

anyone want to trade a stock running Honda Motocompo for one... ?

My dad has a nice watch collection... He gave me his two tone submariner when Ma gave him a Presidential ( She got one for herself too... but she is too trendy and moved it along ages ago )

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
:-?...looks like I lost my watch yesterday...is at Dave's...???...:o

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
BV, I'm on a much cheaper budget. My current watch is a Seiko Automatic Diver. It's a nice midrange watch.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Prospe...=1525820207&sr=8-2&keywords=blue+lagoon+seiko

I didn't pay that much for it though.

Anyway, in order to keep that watch in nice shape, I picked up what I call a beater watch. A $70 Bertucci on a NATO strap. Perfect for bicycle rides, the gym, and knocking around in the garage. It's just a quartz movement, but I don't care.

Now I want a beater with a chronograph. I've been looking at a couple Seikos for about $100. I don't want to spend any more on something which is likely going to end up scratched to shit.

S.C.

HoWnage

BAMF
what about an entry level g shock? good enough to beat around cheap enough for your tastes and fits pretty much all of what you want to do with it.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
what about an entry level g shock? good enough to beat around cheap enough for your tastes and fits pretty much all of what you want to do with it.
I fucking hate those things. Plastic, digital piles of shit. I don't know how they can charge what they do, and get away with it. I'm an analog guy, and preferably a mechanical movement guy. But for a beater watch, my sensibilities tell me to spend as little as possible, while still getting something that is not a total pile of shit. It's just me being me. I could spend $350 and get a decent Seiko mechanical chrono. But I'd just die the first time it gets scratched up. Even if I had a ton of cash, I would still feel the same way (or so I say). An excellent watch can be had for $350, and I would hate to hurt that $350 watch. I don't feel that way about some $100 watch.

S.C.

rotts4u

BAMF

One doesn't wear a Rolex to know what time it is. He wears one so everyone else knows " what time it is".

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I have no use for a watch. I cannot wear jewelry, it would annoy the shit out of me. Plus, I'm not gay.

A23

BAMF
It may be the best watch for the money out there.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
is that one of those Russian nuclear powered timepieces ???

looks stout... :up:

but it gets lost on those Popeye forearms of Yours :eek:
German owned company, using Chinese and maybe some Swiss parts. That being said, they don't suck.

S.C.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
German owned company, using Chinese and maybe some Swiss parts. That being said, they don't suck.

S.C.
Mine has a Citizen Miyota 8215 Auto movt. 21 jewell
There s different models some with quartz movt some with chinese auto movt and there are some (if you look around enough) with the japanese Miyota auto movt which is bulletproof
Watch was $200 on amazon

Be careful not to confuse it with the xxl version which is 52mm case dia as opposed to the 46mm case dia of mine

Hapo

Dog Boy
...here's the one I'm eyeballin'...

Hapo

Dog Boy
" Tickin' like a dollar watch! "

-Popeye

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Decent, cheap watches. Fun, can be dressed up a million different ways.

Louder than a jet engine.
Love those things. Last Indiglo I bought is quiet, and is on it's 3rd band after 8 or 9 years. So far I've spent more on the 2 replacement bands than I did on the original watch. :lol:

I like that it's slim enough for my bike jacket sleeves to slide over and not get hung up.

I have a gold Pulsar that's 35 years old that I use for a dress watch.

I refuse to spend motorcycle money on a fuckin' watch.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I like that it's slim enough for my bike jacket sleeves to slide over and not get hung up.
My Bertucci is slimmer than my Seiko, but since the Bertucci is on a NATO strap, it stays put on my wrist, whereas the Seiko on its bracelet can move up or down my wrist a small amount. The result is that the thicker, larger Seiko is a better watch under my moto jackets.

S.C.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Love those things. Last Indiglo I bought is quiet, and is on it's 3rd band after 8 or 9 years. So far I've spent more on the 2 replacement bands than I did on the original watch. :lol:

I have a gold Pulsar that's 35 years old that I use for a dress watch.

I refuse to spend motorcycle money on a fuckin' watch.

is it one of these by chance...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/30610472445565602/

my Dad has one in stainless... has magnets in the buckle to change the time...

fuzzuki

BAMF
Website
www.fuzzy-riders.com
I was too young when they came out. And all my years of watchmaking. I have never serviced an LED watch for customers.
I have had a few myself.

But never ran across one that was set by magnets

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
BV, I'm on a much cheaper budget.

S.C.
lol... this just slapped me in the face... (how i glanced by it b4 i dont know...:retard:)

you drive a beater watch but an 80k Corvette ...

lol... some of my watches are worth more than all of my vehicles combined ...

...motocompo included :wink:

what's NADA on an 03 Rav4 2 liter front wheel drive 5 speed with only 270k on her...?

We all have our groove to follow...

someday i will roll a nice "lookie what i got" car but not until i have a 20 bay climate controlled garage.

RichInFriends&MaterialThings@161

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
lol... this just slapped me in the face... (how i glanced by it b4 i dont know...:retard:)

you drive a beater watch but an 80k Corvette ...

lol... some of my watches are worth more than all of my vehicles combined ...

...motocompo included :wink:

what's NADA on an 03 Rav4 2 liter front wheel drive 5 speed with only 270k on her...?

We all have our groove to follow...

someday i will roll a nice "lookie what i got" car but not until i have a 20 bay climate controlled garage.

RichInFriends&MaterialThings@161
I wish I could afford an 80K Vette. Mine is a 1999 FRC worth about $10K. And BTW, it's gone as of tomorrow. I'm selling it to a friend. I need to direct that money towards some sort of investment, now that the ex got almost all of my 401K, and I'm starting over. So I'll have the Busa, KTM and my trusty old 2005 Dodge Ram.

S.C.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I wish I could afford an 80K Vette. Mine is a 1999 FRC worth about $10K. And BTW, it's gone as of tomorrow. I'm selling it to a friend. I need to direct that money towards some sort of investment, now that the ex got almost all of my 401K, and I'm starting over. So I'll have the Busa, KTM and my trusty old 2005 Dodge Ram.

S.C.
well now i feel like a total ass and not just a funny ass...:oops:

at least you are walking tall and not eating any ones shit...

peace of mind beats piece of ass any day :up:

You shall continue to survive... and thrive again in no time!

Last edited:

BigGar

high on placebo

S.C.
I've heard that divorce is expensive because it's worth it. I have no doubt you'll recover nicely Scott.

Top Bottom