This is why i hate human ressources...

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Last edited:

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Now is the time for that guy to claim symptoms of gender dysphoria, or better yet, announce he's about to transition like Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo

Given the woeful gender diversity in his profession, not only will his suspension be waived, he'll be promoted to captain (or whatever they call a senior ranking firefighter)

Vegas12

BAMF+
Its like they're not on the same planet..

Firefighter ordered suspended without pay after trying to rescue an elderly woman from a fire

Please explain what you don't understand about the situation??

No "freelancing" is engrained into candidates from the 1st day of rookie school.

There is no "I" in team...(though there is "me.")

rumble phish

BAMF+
Please explain what you don't understand about the situation??

No "freelancing" is engrained into candidates from the 1st day of rookie school.

There is no "I" in team...(though there is "me.")
I feel like there's more to this story than what is being reported. Maybe this guy is a "hotshot" (pun intended)or an adrenaline junkie? Maybe it isn't the first time he's tried to play hero? I fully understand the no "freelancing" thing. Don't endanger yourself or your teammates by trying to be a hero. On the other hand, he was legitimately attempting to rescue a person who was in grave and mortal danger. Tough call, but the rules are there to keep the team safe.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I feel like there's more to this story than what is being reported. Maybe this guy is a "hotshot" (pun intended)or an adrenaline junkie? Maybe it isn't the first time he's tried to play hero? I fully understand the no "freelancing" thing. Don't endanger yourself or your teammates by trying to be a hero. On the other hand, he was legitimately attempting to rescue a person who was in grave and mortal danger. Tough call, but the rules are there to keep the team safe.

If the guy went down going it alone, he endangers other rescuers....bottom line.

Two days suspension is NOTHING.

One call back (overtime) can make up most of that......so he works 11 shifts one month instead of 10.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I saw a lot of that in New York @ 9/11...we became a problem...diverted resources n' shit...most of us had no business being there...

nomad

BAMF
So the guy suited up before everyone else, ran in when seconds counted, pulled out grandbag... still alive (note) and he gets reprimanded for freelancing.

He sounds like just the guy I want at my house when its burning to the gorund and im laying unconscious on the floor.

Hes got experience enough to judge a situation and make a call. Its hard to see a problem

Does this have seomthing to do with what happens if he doesnt come out? they more men put their ives at risk to rescue him? cos that begs the question, who decides if the team goes in anyway... its him aint it?

Vegas12

BAMF+
So the guy suited up before everyone else, ran in when seconds counted, pulled out grandbag... still alive (note) and he gets reprimanded for freelancing.

He sounds like just the guy I want at my house when its burning to the gorund and im laying unconscious on the floor.

Hes got experience enough to judge a situation and make a call. Its hard to see a problem

Does this have seomthing to do with what happens if he doesnt come out? they more men put their ives at risk to rescue him? cos that begs the question, who decides if the team goes in anyway... its him aint it?
As with vaccines, you don't know what you're talking about....so STFU.

nomad

BAMF
FD's have SOP's...They are not just some whimsical, arbitrary rules.
Im not disagreeing with you... yet )
Im just trying to understand the reasoning. There must be some reason for the procedures. I was hoping you would recount some first hand stories that led to the SOPs. Or stories of people that that got hurt that illustrate the benefit of SOPs.

A basic SOP that sets in place the responsibilities of each fire company as it arrives on the fireground will eliminate this chaotic response scenario. Simply assigning a function to each fire company such as “first engine to the fire floor,” “second engine—water supply,” “third engine—floor above the fire floor,” “first ladder—forcible entry/roof ventilation,” “second ladder—search and rescue,”

The reason I ask is because I dont know. Im not trying to dis ya ok )

is this correct:
SOPs built around general expectations rather than specific behaviors will improve morale and be easier to enforce....
One rule
Too many rules have two bad effects on members of any organization. For the vast majority, endless rules make them feel disrespected and untrusted by their leaders. They can kill motivation and initiative.

Last edited:

Vegas12

BAMF+
Still hoping for a response )
You know what your problem is??

You know how to google but only choose to accept the narrative that fits your warped views.

You've been told why freelancing is not acceptable...you choose not to accept it.
I'm honestly done with your childish game...

Try googling "why firemen do not freelance"

And stop playing the fool on this subject.....lord knows you won't regarding vaccines.

nomad

BAMF
hmmm I can see I am going to have to register at firefighters forum. I doubt they will be so circumspect

Top Bottom