This is the Howard Stern I knew and couldn’t stand...

I never got how he was a thing , wouldn’t have lasted an hour with my crew back in the day with a mouth like that..

Fkn nerd ,,,

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Shock jock is what everyone was consuming.
Same with the movies, reality shows and everything else rolled out as entertainment.
Ramping it up each release.

It's gotten pretty much out of hand to where nothing is shocking anymore.

I was tired of it when it started.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
He was great in the 1980s, and his first two books were excellent (and I expected them to suck- I haven't read the most recent one)- haven't listened to him in decades.

he had an ok interview on Fresh Air about growing up yesterday & today...lol. Said he didnt want to turn 65 still talking about bewbs.
His bullshit Pay Per View stuff from the 80s had me tired of his shenanigans then. Fool me once... but not twice Howie. :fu:

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I've been listening to Howard since 1985 and still listen just about every morning. He has changed a lot over the years but for me he remains consistently entertaining. I don't listen to him to gain some in depth knowledge or his wisdom on any subject. I don't agree at all with his political views or opinions on world affairs. I just listen to be entertained. He's pretty funny sometimes, and at other times he does get celebrities to talk about real life stuff they probably wouldn't talk about elsewhere. He has some pretty good musical guests and asks them interesting questions about their life, which the often answer candidly.

I'll be listening until he retires and will be disappointed when that happens as I can't think of another radio show I would enjoy like I do his.

rotts4u

BAMF
I've been listening to Howard since 1985 and still listen just about every morning. He has changed a lot over the years but for me he remains consistently entertaining. I don't listen to him to gain some in depth knowledge or his wisdom on any subject. I don't agree at all with his political views or opinions on world affairs. I just listen to be entertained. He's pretty funny sometimes, and at other times he does get celebrities to talk about real life stuff they probably wouldn't talk about elsewhere. He has some pretty good musical guests and asks them interesting questions about their life, which the often answer candidly.

I'll be listening until he retires and will be disappointed when that happens as I can't think of another radio show I would enjoy like I do his.
Almost the same for me exactly except I started listening in 1997 actually watching the E Show. Then when he moved to Sirius I listened since then.
Whos High Pitch?

BigHock

BAMF
Almost the same for me exactly except I started listening in 1997 actually watching the E Show. Then when he moved to Sirius I listened since then.
Whos High Pitch?
He came onto Philadelphia radio around ‘85. Have listened on and off since then. Never wanted to turn it off and always makes me laugh.

Stuttering John, High Pitch Eric, Ronnie the Limo driver, Benjie, and on and on... the Dice shit! Epic is too subtle a word!

nomad

BAMF
If people didnt eat it up, he would have got nowhere. For every finger pointing at him there are ten pointing at each listener...

RobBase

BAMF
After I graduated from high school in 1982, I worked with my mom for the summer. On the morning drive in, I discovered him on WWDC doing the God weather reports. I still remember listening live when he interviewed his wife Alison after her miscarriage, when he told the world he had a short dick, etc......all the same stuff in Private Parts. I couldn't believe someone would actually be so honest when all the other radio DJ's just spewed vapid bullshit.
I always appreciated the honesty from his show.
Also, his first show on Sirius when he had fake Arnold call in and tell George Takei he wanted a ban on Asians driving in California was/is one of the funniest shows of all time on radio.

Austin_F

BAMF+
My local station carried him for maybe a couple months about 15 year ago. He was on during my 8 minute drive home.

There were times I sat in my car at home until an interview was finished because I didnt want to miss anything while walking into the house

Yeah a lot of it was silly but a lot of it was entertaining. I cant believe how long Robin was with him and all the shit she had to see and hear.

I wonder if maybe Howard's personal honesty was why he felt he could ask anyone anything and they shouldn't be upset or angry.

He did say the Robin William's interview is his greatest regret. He 'says' he started hunting down a contact for Robin to finally apologize but Robin killed himself before he got it. I'm sure someone with Howard's fame could have gotten in contact with Robin in a day or two at the most but .....

Top Bottom