This cop was way too nice

scottcolbath

BAMF+
The confrontation should have been over in 30 seconds. She should have stood her ground, and put a bullet in him the moment he approached her. But in today's world, that would be a criminal act by the cop. She is a fucking saint for trying as hard as she did to deescalate this.

I may have actually posted about this before, but I don't think there was video yet. This is about five miles from my house, and about half a mile from Bueller's house.

S.C.

Drakhen

BAMF
Having both the bodycam and the footage shot by the bystander does a great job of showing how much closer a suspect is than the body cam indicates.

I'd say she's also really lucky this guy was more interested in being loud than in actually killing her, because she let him get way too fucking close throughout most of that exchange.

luckystrike

FuttBucker3000
Website
lemonparty.org
Having both the bodycam and the footage shot by the bystander does a great job of showing how much closer a suspect is than the body cam indicates.

I'd say she's also really lucky this guy was more interested in being loud than in actually killing her, because she let him get way too fucking close throughout most of that exchange.
So close both should be cited for not wearing masks and maintaining social distance...

BigGar

high on placebo
Not that this fuckwit would be missed, but I'm curious why she didn't let him ride the lightening instead of shooting him. She really shouldn't be a police officer to be honest. And by tasing, I mean she should have tased him right about the time she got out of her fucking squad car. Letting him threaten her for close to a minute and get so close to the point she's literally running backwards before she ventilated him seems like she really risked not going home that night.
I'm talking he gets about one second to comply with "Drop the fucking knife" and POP! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. . .

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
was wondering the same thing. The first time she said drop the knife, game over. As others have said, she's lucky to be still alive.

BigGar

high on placebo
did he die?
Some people just need restraining not killing. Whats wrong with the taser
Nope. He'll make a full recovery and face charges. It was most certainly a "good" shoot, and she showed great restraint in not emptying her magazine into him. I'm not sure I've ever seen a cop take just one shot and call it good, but wherever she hit him, he dropped like a stone and lost most of his enthusiasm.

BarryW

BAM
Agree that it would've been better solved with a taser, but I won't lose sleep over it. However that running backwards shit really endangered her life unnecessarily. She should've dropped him way before then.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Being an aggressive/threatening asshole should be met with gunfire, every time, and maybe folks would understand that such behavior is bad for one's health and rethink their life choices...

...if only for the few seconds before everything goes black.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
he could just slip it in his hip pocket... :eyepopping1a:
Someday, technology may advance to the point where you can fold your 80" TV up so it fits into a backpack to take to your buddie's house to watch the races on.

rumble phish

BAMF+
For those of you who have suggested this situation would have been better handled has the officer simply used her taser on him, may I present...

Bottom line, that shoot was as good as it can get. She gave him every opportunity to drop his weapon. When she had to eventually shoot her sidearm, she placed her shot very effectively. He survived, and will face charges.

I know it's all too easy to be a Monday morning Quarterback.

Top Bottom