They got his taxes

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I don't think they're going to send hitmen after him- they'll go after him legally in court to try and take his substantial personal assets. He doesn't want to personally default, which is why he was so desperate not to declare bankruptcy in the 1990s, when he was also personally liable (it's different from a business bankruptcy, of which he's had several that didn't have a huge impact on him financially). What could happen is that, if he can't make an agreement on payment terms, he's going to lose pretty much all his assets, which, I think, he'd rather avoid if possible.

He won't be going to jail or living on the street, but he could get financially crushed by his creditors.
They couldnt take mar a lago under FL law. Not knowing whats in his portfolio... maybe his ego couldnt take being demoted from billionaire to millionaire status...lol

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
They couldnt take mar a lago under FL law. Not knowing whats in his portfolio... maybe his ego couldnt take being demoted from billionaire to millionaire status...lol
I don't know- that might be true, but it's also possible he's got loans on the place that could put it in jeopardy. I definitely agree re: the embarrassment of a potential downgrade in rich guy status.

jhinderliter

BAMF+
I listen to them on the commute..

they have been railing on Trumps taxes for 2 days , like he is the only person that pays people to find tax shelters and loopholes ...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I listen to them on the commute..

they have been railing on Trumps taxes for 2 days , like he is the only person that pays people to find tax shelters and loopholes ...
I don't really care if a rich guy manipulates the tax code to lower or eliminate his tax payments- that kind of thing has been happening forever and didn't start with Trump- notice, though, I didn't take any 'offense' or even mention this in any of my posts (including the one you quoted). I do think it's an issue if the POTUS has huge loans hanging over his head, which could make him susceptible to manipulation by creditors, which is why I believe it's significant if they're non-American. If anyone thinks this is a non-issue, I disagree, because it involves the president, and I think this is a bad situation for him to be in. Bezos (or whomever) doesn't have the same potential impact on the country, as big as he is.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yeah, but, as far as I know, they aren't POTUS and don't owe $421,000,000 in personally guaranteed loans to possibly foreign creditors which they may be too overextended to repay.

If this is nothing, Trump can easily prove it- he's been promising to release his returns for years, and there's no way all of them are still under audit (most audits are completed in a year, even if they're complicated)- time to show them.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
indeed...at least 27million illegals all filling out that form so they can send in their 1040s with their income tax payments!

if anyone is applying for that, they are looking for a refund...not looking to pay.

OP
Austin_F

Austin_F

BAMF+
In 2018, Netflix, Amazon, and Chevron paid 0 taxes. About 60 companies in total. no biggie, right lefties?

Donald Trump (as well as most of us) paid more in taxes ($750) than Netflix, Amazon, General Motors, IBM, and Chevron COMBINED!!!

In 2018, Netflix, Amazon, and Chevron paid 0 taxes. About 60 companies in total. no biggie, right lefties?

Donald Trump (as well as most of us) paid more in taxes ($750) than Netflix, Amazon, General Motors, IBM, and Chevron COMBINED!!!
That's on trump (2018). Wasn't the first order of business tax cuts for the rich?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
OP
Austin_F

Austin_F

BAMF+
Funny you mention tax cuts.

Trump's ability to not pay taxes is in direct relation to the tax code put forward by congress, which had been in Democrat hands many times.

his CPA's used democrat tax code.

How can anyone be mad?

• President Trump cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, the largest percentage point reduction of the top marginal rate in history.

• UBS found that 79 percent of the businesses owners surveyed were satisfied with the tax bill and 72 percent believed it would boost the economy.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
A rich guy employing smart accountants to manipulate the tax code (accompanied with using what are likely huge financial losses to offset payments) to avoid taxes isn't anything new, and it's not a big deal- it just seems kinda shocking to people making $9 an hour who paid more in income taxes than a billionaire.

I haven't read this whole posting because it's just stupid and maybe this is one of your freebies, but Trump has donated over a million dollars to the government by not taking his pay.
Let's do some math.

He donates $400,000/year x 4 years = $1.6 million SAVED
He's spent approximately $100 million dollars on golf outings.

So $1.6 million saved vs. $100 million spent.

Must be that fiscal conservative math at work again.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
  • President Trump cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, the largest percentage point reduction of the top marginal rate in history.

• UBS found that 79 percent of the businesses owners surveyed were satisfied with the tax bill and 72 percent believed it would boost the economy.
So there wasn't a tax deal for rich people, but for companies that employ rich people.

So there wasn't a tax deal for rich people, but for companies that employ rich people.
And the rich are taxed at less of a rate according to this article......richer people than most of us apparently.
I'm not sure what's fair as percentages are deceiving. They still pay more in total, and buy more things, and contribute more to local property taxes.

A rich guy employing smart accountants to manipulate the tax code (accompanied with using what are likely huge financial losses to offset payments) to avoid taxes isn't anything new, and it's not a big deal- it just seems kinda shocking to people making $9 an hour who paid more in income taxes than a billionaire.
They've been shocked since the '70s

you dont?? I think you are mistaken. Exactly how many working immigrants have you hired??
Look up ITIN

im saying you are incorrect about "illegal immigrants"...vs just "immigrants" or those here working under green cards or visas...all which provide SSNs to file taxes under.
Yes, but SSN isn't the only way to pay taxes - illegal aliens file for their ITIN, which was created specifically for people who don't have, or are unable to get, an SSN.

The IRS doesn't give a rats ass if you're illegal or not, if you get income, they want a slice of it. They don't even have "illegal alien" distinction - you're either a resident or nonresident and if you've been in the country for 183 days in the last 3 years - guess what! You're a "resident" for tax purposes! Thought the IRS would let the aliens slide? Hell no, pay up sucker!

or the number includes payroll/ss/medicare taxes withheld by the employer
And if an undocumented worker is using a fake/borrowed/stolen SSN, then they ARE paying taxes.

there arent 27b worth of income taxes being paid in april every year by illegals...gtfo.
The $27 billion was for 1 year (2017?) in total taxes (not just income!), but yes - undocumented aliens pay billions into the system every year.

Here's a report from the IRS themselves - this is JUST itin taxes, not including fake/borrowed SSN

SOURCE: https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/Media/Default/Documents/2015ARC/ARC15_Volume1_MSP_18_ITIN.pdf

if anyone is applying for that, they are looking for a refund...not looking to pay.
How the fuck do you get a refund if you haven't paid some tax? :lol:

You go from "illegals don't pay taxes" to "they pay taxes - they're just money grubbing fucks trying to score a refund". :lol:

Just admit you hate undocumented folks so people can understand your pathological need to refute numbers :lol:

This reminds me of the time when you made a false claim about rising COVID cases because you didn't understand rate of positivity and when GoBrian schooled you, you came back with...."Well, you can make the numbers say whatever you want". :lol:

busa10

BAMF
Let's do some math.

He donates $400,000/year x 4 years = $1.6 million SAVED
He's spent approximately $100 million dollars on golf outings.

So $1.6 million saved vs. $100 million spent.

Must be that fiscal conservative math at work again.
More liberal stupidity. As if no other presidents incur costs for their outings. The question remains... what other government liberals give up their pay?

hedgehog

BAMF
More liberal stupidity. As if no other presidents incur costs for their outings. The question remains... what other government liberals give up their pay?
Obama spent 106 million on personal travel for himself and his family during 8 years.

Trump has equaled that in 4 years.

Unlike trump, Obama didn’t use his own resorts (and insist others do) and charge his staff and the secret service security detail board and lodging, the taxpayer money from those charges going straight into his personal business.

Another example being last year when pence went to Ireland for meetings in Dublin, he flew right across the country to stay at trump’s resort at doonbeg, which was billed to the taxpayer.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Obama spent 106 million on personal travel for himself and his family during 8 years.

Trump has equaled that in 4 years.

Unlike trump, Obama didn’t use his own resorts (and insist others do) and charge his staff and the secret service security detail board and lodging, the taxpayer money from those charges going straight into his personal business.

Another example being last year when pence went to Ireland for meetings in Dublin, he flew right across the country to stay at trump’s resort at doonbeg, which was billed to the taxpayer.

Obama spent 100 million on ONE trip.....the libtard media conveniently always seems to forget...

hedgehog

BAMF
Obama spent 100 million on ONE trip.....the libtard media conveniently always seems to forget...

Tell you what, let’s see what that bastion of left wing thought says......actually, let’s go to judicial watch (and who obtained the documents from the secret service under an FOI request), which cannot in any way be considered liberal....

That was in 2017.

Compared to the article you linked to which said the trip COULD cost 100 million (and others going back to 2010 that said his trip to Asia COULD cost 200 million), the fact is they didn’t.

That’s the difference between articles speculating and a right wing group getting the actual figures.

Last edited:

Vegas12

BAMF+
Tell you what, let’s see what that bastion of left wing thought says......actually, let’s go to judicial watch (and who obtained the documents from the secret service under an FOI request), which cannot in any way be considered liberal....

That was in 2017.

Compared to the article you linked to which said the trip COULD cost 100 million (and others going back to 2010 that said his trip to Asia COULD cost 200 million), the fact is they didn’t.

That’s the difference between articles speculating and a right wing group getting the actual figures.

Yawn......the Africa trip is never mentioned because some say it was a diplomatic/business trip.

But again, thanks for being soooo worried about trump.....sux to have someone so inside your head 24/7.

hedgehog

BAMF
So let me get this straight.....

You link to an article speculating on the cost of a visit that hadn’t actually concluded at the time the article was published, and I linked to a right wing group who obtained actual government documentation via an FOI request in 2017 for the costs of Obama’s personal travel.

In what world does the former have more validity than the latter, except maybe in trumpistan.

Never mind, you’ll get over it.

Funny you mention tax cuts.

Trump's ability to not pay taxes is in direct relation to the tax code put forward by congress, which had been in Democrat hands many times.

his CPA's used democrat tax code.

How can anyone be mad?
Right...
And I see he is a firm believer in that old Democratic mantra "deficits don't matter". He runs a personal 400million dollar deficit and is doing quite well. Kinda explains why he gives absolutely zero fucks about the balloning federal deficit. And the next time he stands up there talking about how "HE" has rebuilt the military, could someone please remind him that the military is funded by federal taxes. "He" hasn't paid any for years so "HE" hasn't rebuilt shit.
But I do agree with him on the Deficits don't matter thing though.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
again, hes paid exactly to the penny what the law requires him to...just like every other american who pays taxes.

think thats unfair? blame the politicians who have put in those tax codes over the last 30 years. one is even running for president!

Right...
And I see he is a firm believer in that old Democratic mantra "deficits don't matter". He runs a personal 400million dollar deficit and is doing quite well. Kinda explains why he gives absolutely zero fucks about the balloning federal deficit. And the next time he stands up there talking about how "HE" has rebuilt the military, could someone please remind him that the military is funded by federal taxes. "He" hasn't paid any for years so "HE" hasn't rebuilt shit.
But I do agree with him on the Deficits don't matter thing though.
I'm speechless at the stu...oh fuck it, it's not worth responding.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I didn't mix jack shit. Illegals pay taxes, in the billions like I said and quoted from the IRS where it showed billions, in income taxes, like I said. The ITIN was a new thing for you too.

Keep flailing around.

Huh, I wondered how the Green Card carriers paid up...

From the IRS website:

What is an ITIN used for?
IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security numbers. They are issued regardless of immigration status, because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITINs do not serve any purpose other than federal tax reporting.

An ITIN does not:

• Authorize work in the U.S.
  • Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
  • Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes
Do I need an ITIN?
Does the following apply to you?

1. You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one, and
  2. You have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal tax return, and
  3. You are in one of the following categories.
  • Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
  • U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
  • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
  • Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
  • Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
  • Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
If so, then you must apply for an ITIN.

Huh, I wondered how the Green Card carriers paid up...

From the IRS website:

What is an ITIN used for?
IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security numbers. They are issued regardless of immigration status, because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITINs do not serve any purpose other than federal tax reporting.

An ITIN does not:

• Authorize work in the U.S.
  • Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
  • Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes
Do I need an ITIN?
Does the following apply to you?

1. You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one, and
  2. You have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal tax return, and
  3. You are in one of the following categories.

• Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
  • U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
  • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
  • Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
  • Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
  • Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
If so, then you must apply for an ITIN.
Green card holders use an SSN issued to them.

''How the fuck do you get a refund if you haven't paid some tax? :lol:"

Anal really should just stick to......anal.
Illegal aliens don't qualify for the EITC, further proving YCIS' idea that illegals only file taxes to scam the IRS as patently false.

A for effort though and thanks for the help :lol:

Top Bottom