these don't grow on trees

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I was astonished to learn how many kinds of pineapples there are and how much research went into breeding the strains we recognize today...

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I know the guy who developed this particular strain. Grows about 5 miles from my house. I took the top of this one and stuck it in my yard just now. In 18 months it should throw its first fruit.

LE05BUSA

GFY
All Hawaiian pineapples are exceptional, especially compared to the Mexican and Costa Rican shit we get here...but those Maui Golds are on another level.

BigHock

BAMF
Where Gobrian lives they put salt on their pineapple! Let that sink in... :vomit:

When I was in High School my summer job was to go to Molokai and pick pineapple for school money. That was the hardest job I ever done and in my mind I said I will study hard and get some kind of desk job in life. We worked the evening shift because it was cooler and we had to wear chaps and long sleeve shirt, gloves, googles and face mask bandanna. It was a eye opener for me, there was a group of Mainland kids that also came down to do the work and they did not last for only a week or two and the quit and flew back home. We stayed for the whole summer and Molokai was one of the loneliness place on earth besides being in jail.

this is how we picked the pineapple, the long belt unit was the boom and there was a metal edge that you could wack off the crown of the pineapple

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
I was blown away by all the pineapple that was everywhere by your house, Maui.
We stopped to check it out.
No one around, so one could help to a few, but we didn't.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
My niece is an Airline attendant currently on the AA Hawaii LA NY route now that she lives in LA... when she comes into NY she brings me a bunch of Hawwian Pinapples and huge bags of mixed nuts and dried fruit that says Hawaiian route only from AA.. they taste very different then the stuff in the super market.

I forget if it's a white or a gold she getting popped for 15 a pinapple.. any better place to get them at a better price?

Last edited:

LE05BUSA

GFY
My niece is an Airline attendant currently on the AA Hawaii LA NY route now that she lives in LA... when she comes into NY she brings me a bunch of Hawwian Pinapples and huge bags of mixed nuts and dried fruit that says Hawaiian route only from AA.. they taste very different then the stuff in the super market.

I forget if it's a white or a gold she getting popped for 15 a pinapple.. any better place to get them at a better price?
Costco.

OP
OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
When I was in High School my summer job was to go to Molokai and pick pineapple for school money. That was the hardest job I ever done and in my mind I said I will study hard and get some kind of desk job in life. We worked the evening shift because it was cooler and we had to wear chaps and long sleeve shirt, gloves, googles and face mask bandanna. It was a eye opener for me, there was a group of Mainland kids that also came down to do the work and they did not last for only a week or two and the quit and flew back home. We stayed for the whole summer and Molokai was one of the loneliness place on earth besides being in jail.

this is how we picked the pineapple, the long belt unit was the boom and there was a metal edge that you could wack off the crown of the pineapple
It was a brutal job for sure.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
You get a little baggie of it when you buy pineapple or mango- I don't like it either, but they love it.

It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the local custom of putting ice in their beer, though...:Buelldozer:

BigHock

BAMF
Yes the not ripe mango in the bag with fish sauce and chilies and ??? Is not a good treat. For me anyway.

Let’s not forget the whiskey with ice and seltzer. Three Pipers whiskey is not good.

Rusty Nuts

Building things in Paradise, and drinking JD
Website
harleypeople.org
By the time I got to Lanai, worlds biggest pineapple plantation, in 94 they had abandoned pineapple business, but still had thousands of acres of them. We picked and ate them at will until they died out over a couple years. Fucking fantastic pineapple.....

Top Bottom