The worst thing to happen to MotoAmerica Superbike is...?

BigHock

BAMF
Fox Sports will be televising it in 2019!

FUCK FOX SPORTS! :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

“While we were away for commercials, this happened!”

It was just about unwatchable before this calamity.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
The networks here do it right for commercials during MotoGP and Superbike- they put a frame around the live action and use text only- you still get ~half the screen with the race and commentary going so you don't miss anything.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
I can't see Fox putting on a worse show. In 30+ years of motorsport spectating, I've never seen an American program that wasn't deplorable.

Euro broadcasters have motorsport coverage and reporting figured out better than anyone.

I'll sooner watch a Euro broadcast in a language I don't speak than watch anything put on by American broadcasters.

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
Yeah, BeIn sports did it right. No commercial interruption during play. Now that Bein has Motogp, WSBK and had MotoAmerica, they were cancelled by most dish and cable providers here in the states. Of course...

I could live with a little screen cropping and text.

Fox sports can’t even do a hopscotch tournament properly. The commentators would be calling it kickball or something.

I did want to see Elias sticking Shiavo’s boy in the dirt though. I guess I’ll have to get a subscription to Cycle Snooze to keep up to date. Maybe MotoAmerica will offer a Videopass like Motogp and WSBK. I don’t have enough $100 subscriptions as it is, so...

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
I did want to see Elias sticking Shiavo’s boy in the dirt though. I guess I’ll have to get a subscription to Cycle Snooze to keep up to date. Maybe MotoAmerica will offer a Videopass like Motogp and WSBK. I don’t have enough $100 subscriptions as it is, so...
boo hoo... I say spend less on all the premium "Lifetime" & "HGTV" television channels and cut the mother fucking cord!

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
boo hoo... I say spend less on all the premium "Lifetime" & "HGTV" television channels and cut the mother fucking cord!
I have had the snips in my hand many times in the past year, but I can’t get enough of that Jojo and her kidos!

I have every possible channel on Direct TV, Coming in at a cool $235/month. I went to cancel some channels and found out we have not one but two Chinese movie channels. The wife speaks it, but I said really?? She explained how her friend Wei Wei likes it when she comes over. What Wei Wei wants, Wei Wei gets! Trust me, you would get the Chinese channels if Wei Wei were to visit your house too.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
It seems every network that carries roadracing in the U.S. thinks we find Brit or Aussie accents endearing. :puke:
The rare times they use an American, they use one with a southern drawl. :mamba:
The reason the mute button was invented...

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
I’ll take Russell Brand commenting over the dynamic douches White and Pridmore.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
I posted about it here years ago...

Your best bet to enjoying quality motorsport coverage is to subscribe to a VPN, hide behind a UK server and get the BBC/Eurosport/Sky/whatever feeds.

Haven't done that for a while so don't ask me who is covering what these days.

But fuck me, the BBC had weekend long coverage and shows whenever there was a F1 race weekend that were delicious to watch and Eurosport had the same for MotoGP.

ZRX4ME

BAMF
and another year the Daytona 200 is a complete shadow of itself with no relief in sight, thanks to the AMA and DMG(nascar).

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I also get all the races as part of my satellite TV package- for MotoGP, i.e., they show all three races, and also broadcast free practice and qualifying sessions. Motor-sports and UFC are the only areas where I win the TV battle with the US.:lol:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
and another year the Daytona 200 is a complete shadow of itself with no relief in sight, thanks to the AMA and DMG(nascar).
Back in the day, Daytona was one of the biggest races in the world. I was lucky enough to be there from the heydays to its decline.

Master-Cylinder

I never liked the Daytona 200 even though I've been on teams that have won it, placed second and third in it. It just gets too spread out. And all the special equipment just for one race. I'd much prefer the old Laguna Twin 100 races.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Fox Sports will be televising it in 2019!

FUCK FOX SPORTS! :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

“While we were away for commercials, this happened!”

It was just about unwatchable before this calamity.
NHRA and Fox is a fucking disaster. This won't be any better.

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

Bitch you should write a book
Too bad I can't remember most of it. But once I get around other racers of my tyme, it all comes back with stories they tell.
One thing I'll never forget, is the glorious sound of the big Yamaha OW69 with Roberts at the helm! First it was kind of like wind noise as it was coming at you, then the exhaust! That Monster 680CC four cylinder two stroke barking at full speed down the front straight!

The thing about the two stroke racebikes, like my RS250's and older TZ250's, was the intake noise! Fuckers really have a bark to them! Whether it is a giant piston port engines, like the TZ250G where the intake port was so big it would break the piston after a little over 100 miles, or the later ones where the intake went right into the bottom of the crankcase.

Your chin was flat against the fuel tank with the carbs right below playing the best music you've ever heard. There were guys would could ride the things without ear plugs, they must be mostly deaf by now, it was so loud. I bet if you used a sound meter, the intake and exhaust would be very close to the same level.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
All this whinging. I'm just happy that American road racing is going to be televised by someone.
Me too. Even though Bein Sports is on DishNetwork at 392, I refuse to go up to that tier and go over the magic $100.00 a month TV bill.

But I get Fox Sports, and I can DVR it whenever they run it and dash through the commercials while watching it later. Very convenient. I watch a 3 hour Supercross program in about 50 minutes. I don't watch any 250cc racing, or either of the LCQs. The commercials would be more interesting to me...

I think Bein just had a brain fart when they jacked the price for their channel. Their channel carries sports most U.S. residents don't give two hoots about. Even motorheads like us are in the minority here in the land of Nascar and the NFL. Bein didn't allow for that. Bein isn't going to get the price they want which is probably close to what Fox Sports and ESPN charge. They need to keep it reasonable and make it up in volume.

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
Daytona can be the best of times and the worst of times.

Had a bike stolen from the paddock

Won some championships

Lost my ATM card on a Friday night (a cashless time at Daytona is brutal)

Got to meet and hang out with some of the greats at the Sun Deck

Crashed the shit out of a rental RV

Got to ride the Muzzy Raptor (yes it was that cool)

Got in a fight with the gf around the GA state line, and had another 15 hours to just sit and listen.

Yup! Good times and bad times

ZRX4ME

BAMF
might catch some disease sitting on that crapper.I'll just steal his beer.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
looks like once again,the supercross is all I will attend.
I never cared much for that sand track they set up inside Daytona, but it was always fun to see who could ride it.

I didn't care for the graveled cushion track they set up for Short-track next to the Speedway, but I can't wait to see how the new TT track they set up on the front of the Speedway works out. Looks cool, part asphalt and part dirt...with a jump.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
I never cared much for that sand track they set up inside Daytona, but it was always fun to see who could ride it.

I didn't care for the graveled cushion track they set up for Short-track next to the Speedway, but I can't wait to see how the new TT track they set up on the front of the Speedway works out. Looks cool, part asphalt and part dirt...with a jump.
Sucks ass for the 200 riders...lol Seriously!

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF

The old short track was horrible, but the racing was fantastic. I never saw a supercrosser so dialed into a track like Jeff Emig at Daytona. I was scared for him. Two years later he would lose his Kawasaki contract for a crushed beer can he was using as a Mary Jane pipe. Man what a difference a couple of decades make.

WarpSpeed

Destroyer of Cheese, and Triscuits
I loved watching the Daytona 200 back in the day. It marked the beginning of the 'season' every year! Now, I can't say I've watched a race in the last 15 years...
Absolutely. Early-mid 90's were PEAK Daytona 200 for televised coverage.

I loved reading about the Daytona 200 back in the early 80's. Full color print articles in Cycle World, Motorcyclist, etc. back in the days when Spencer, Lawson, Crosby, Cooley and the rest were bending those bikes to their will.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
Justin (not that jhinderliter jhinderliter fella)

my buddy is doing the 200 and we has a front quick change secured. Whats that mean? He was turning 52s on lap 55 with a shagged front last year. Hoping for 50s or 51s after lap 30. Also hoping no red flags so we can be top 5. Now we may need some hippy from CT to bless the bike during fan walk

Also eff Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Hippies from CT are encountering first world stress creators at the moment.
Pretty sure after Master-Cylinder beats up the MMI grads at the junkyard, their career goes downhill and they become motorhome techs. :dash2:

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I'm pretty sure things will work out. I may end up un-winterizing the thing on the shores of Lake Lloyd. :ugly1:

Top Bottom