The things you find when you're working in old buildings...

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Bring it over here your next trip. We'll load it into a magazine with other mixed .45 ammo some ball, some JHP, heavy bullets, light bullets, lead, copper, whatever. Load the magazine with that and seven other cartridges, all different, and they'll run faultlessly through a S&W 4516.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
When I was a kid, almost every pickup truck had .22 shells or bullets somewhere on the floor, glove box, bed. Sometimes shotgun shell. What I'm saying, bullets are all over the place here.

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg
Bring it over here your next trip. We'll load it into a magazine with other mixed .45 ammo some ball, some JHP, heavy bullets, light bullets, lead, copper, whatever. Load the magazine with that and seven other cartridges, all different, and they'll run faultlessly through a S&W 4516.
...I never tried those semi wadcutter loads in tinhead's shorty but the full sized one I carried for work back in the 90's would feed and eject them reliably...

OP
OP

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Yeah I figured you it would have these things just lying all over you places but here it's a tad unusual. Apparently it is 'shoulderless round', whatever that is...

Austin_F

BAMF+
When I was a kid, almost every pickup truck had .22 shells or bullets somewhere on the floor, glove box, bed. Sometimes shotgun shell. What I'm saying, bullets are all over the place here.
one of my coworker's wife used to be very much anti-gun. Once, in the winter, she noticed a rusty old .22 cartridge in the bed of her son's truck mixed among other shit. She told her husband he should take it to the police. 'it may have been involved in a crime and someone threw it in the back of our truck!'

a few years later as she pays more attention to the news, she okayed her husband to purchase a small handgun for defense, and encourages him to carry it!

also, unrelated, she used to be a democrat until a moment with hillary pissed her off so bad she started voting republican.

lol, a 22 shell may have been used in a crime, take it to the police. haha i still rib him over that.

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Wartime .45 often used washed steel cases. Have a few. That looks like 1930’s vintage commercial. Probably an IRA terrorist dropped it whilst loading magazines during a meeting/planning session.

Or, you know, was probably privately owned by a citizen subject before 1992 or so when you cucks banned private ownership of handguns.

quiver

BAMF
get some e-6000 glue and make it into an earing or key ring :-p

OP
OP

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Wartime .45 often used washed steel cases. Have a few. That looks like 1930’s vintage commercial. Probably an IRA terrorist dropped it whilst loading magazines during a meeting/planning session.

Or, you know, was probably privately owned by a citizen subject before 1992 or so when you cucks banned private ownership of handguns.
We can still own guns here...

hedgehog

BAMF
When I was fitting windows for a living, I found a piece of wood with a cutting list written on it in the most beautiful copperplate handwriting.

The most spectacular finds was under the floor of what had been a dormitory for a monistery in a place a fried bought that I was working on for him.
The oldest part of the buildings was 11th century, but the part we were working on was 15th century.

Under the floor we were replacing was 18” deep in dust, and when we started encountering stuff, we started sieving it.

Hand made bone dice, various bone counters, innumerous bronze pins and needles, a preserved 16th century leather sandal, the lockwork from a flintlock pistol, various knives and forks....and that’s just a bit.

We got the local museum guys round to have a look and they dated the stuff. They were well impressed!

My friend now has the more interesting stuff labeled in a glass case in the reception area of the place.

Pre-cellphone days, so no pics

simon520

Lucky- May the dicks of a thousand macaques be shoved in your face. Note I said “handguns.” You most certainly do not have the permission of the Komissar to own, possess or even touch handguns. Shotguns, yes. With a firearms certificate.
Rifles- some. Again with more intrusive requirements.
Airguns over 7 joules of power (basically anything you can buy at Walmart for the kids)- treated as firearms.

nerf guns are probably legal.

machineguns are technically legal with the right papers. Which no subject will ever get

simon520

Sorry that was cruel about the macaque thing. I was upset. Make it 20-30 macaques.

OP
OP

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Lucky- May the dicks of a thousand macaques be shoved in your face. Note I said “handguns.” You most certainly do not have the permission of the Komissar to own, possess or even touch handguns. Shotguns, yes. With a firearms certificate.
Rifles- some. Again with more intrusive requirements.
Airguns over 7 joules of power (basically anything you can buy at Walmart for the kids)- treated as firearms.

nerf guns are probably legal.

machineguns are technically legal with the right papers. Which no subject will ever get
I could have a Steyr HS 50 cal if I wished. Or a Beretta ARX160 in .22 for (that could still probably put your eye out if you were looking down the barrel when it was fired). Or I could have a Heckler and Koch MP5 (again in teeny weeny .22 balloon popping round size). Or a Benelli M4 semi auto shotgun.

Or I could get a Taurus LBR. That would be nice. So no, I can't get all the guns you lot get, of course I can't. We all know this. But I can still get something that goes 'bang' and can knock holes in tin cans...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
As far as I know, we have at least six guns where I work. I keep two in my tool box, and one at the ready. Two at the front counter, and one at the front garage door. I'm at the back of the building, so when the shooting starts, I have time to take cover.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
lol, a 22 shell may have been used in a crime, take it to the police. haha i still rib him over that.
I was working with a fella who often hunted on the weekend and had all kinds of shells and ammo in his truck bed. Then he drove into a secure area on base and the sentrys lit his ass up pretty good at the inspection gate. Needless to say... he policed his shit before going back on base for work.

quiver

BAMF
As far as I know, we have at least six guns where I work. I keep two in my tool box, and one at the ready. Two at the front counter, and one at the front garage door. I'm at the back of the building, so when the shooting starts, I have time to take cover.
many moons ago I worked at a forklift manufacturing plant. south alabama in early 91-92.
I worked with guys who were welders, heavy equipment mechanics, and such
driving 30-35 miles to work was a common thing.
one was still running moonshine.
gun racks in the back windows of trucks were a requirement.
if the gun rack was empty, you didn't get back into your home county.
at any rate, it seemed like the tool boxes came with factory installed dirty harry .357's .38's, .45's
even my supervisor, Belinda, carried a 38.
i was the only one with a girly 22 and boot knife. lol

quiver

BAMF
on a side note my parent's house was built in 2 sections. the older part was built in 1821 and the 2nd part was built in 1836.
the 1st part was chopped up into small heatible rooms, of the time, all with 7' ceilings kitchen, dining room, parlor, sitting room, sewing room, ect.
bed rooms were upstairs and seldom fully heated. no insulation. 35+ below zero winters and no insulation.

the 2nd (newer) part was built with 10 ft ceilings, large box rooms and 3 x 8 ft windows with the thick, old, weird, swirly glass.
there was plaster and lathe on the walls. plaster had ash, horse hair, I've wheeled many a load out with a wheel barrow.

inside one of the walls under a set of stairs, my mom found a scrap book of sorts.
with signature cards, calling cards, pictures, locks of hair, lockets.
signature and calling cards were left to announce your impending arrival, acceptance, declining an invitation as a courtesy, or apologize for missing you.
handwriting and penmen ship were extremely important, the cards were highly valued, prized, because of the expensive paper products back then.
many post cards, hand written letters and such.
we found a lot of old silver ware, old marbles, coins, the silver dollars with holes drilled into them that were put on horse's bridles.
(so you would not ever be down to your last dollar.)
horseshoes, antique tools, all kinds of things related to a day to day life on a working farm from the 1800's on up.

lots of antique bottles, a couple pair of glasses, tins.
mom donated them all to the local historical society.

Last edited:

LE05BUSA

GFY
Ah, I didn't know it was posted here too.

REM-UMC 45 ACP is pre-1952. Post 1952 is REM-UMC 45 AUTO.

So, Hapo is right, could be from either war...or any time since John Moses Browning invented the thing in 1911.

Maybe it belonged to somebody who worked at Beamish?

Spearjig

BAMF
Looking at the history of the place it was found it probably dates from 1927 = the year of the general strike, There was a mass demonstration at Durham were the the Bishop was dumped in the river ( I'm proud to say my Great grandfather was involved) and the troops were called out to quell the rioting and were stationed in the castle in Durham.

Top Bottom