...THE... RANDOM PIX thread...

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
The Adventuremans Guild and the Monkey 1000. Jay, a fellow Detroit, is amongst that crew. His bike is with the newly rewelded swingarm that failed yesterday.
Hah. When you see him tell him you know the guy they talked to in Aspen. Nice weld up on that swinger. Its the bike all the way at the back of the image next to the SUV

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I ditched the shop press and went back to a socket and 2lb or 3lb hammer and had MUCH better results.

I did have to replace one shaft end though.
I must have bent the hell out of the ears when removing the old u joints.
The bad one is on the left.

I finished the tie rod replacments on the knuckles awhile back.
Those were a huge PITA thanks to one side being an angled surface.
I ended up cutting one of my spacers diagonally to fit the angle.

All done!

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I ditched the shop press and went back to a socket and 2lb or 3lb hammer and had MUCH better results.
View attachment 77346

I did have to replace one shaft end though.
I must have bent the hell out of the ears when removing the old u joints.
The bad one is on the left.
View attachment 77347

I finished the tie rod replacments on the knuckles awhile back.
Those were a huge PITA thanks to one side being an angled surface.
I ended up cutting one of my spacers diagonally to fit the angle.
View attachment 77349

All done!
View attachment 77348
I did U joints on my truck three years ago. About 200K on the originals. Holy fucking shit, I could not get those out. Had to go to a buddy's shop with a good torch, heavy work bench/vise to get it done.

S.C.

CZLoco

I did U joints on my truck three years ago. About 200K on the originals. Holy fucking shit, I could not get those out. Had to go to a buddy's shop with a good torch, heavy work bench/vise to get it done.
Sounds a lot like the rear driveshaft U Joint I did on my 180k miles '99 4Runner.
Quite possibly the worst weekend of wrenching in my life.
I'd have taken it to a buddy's shop if I had one!
It felt like it had become one with the driveshaft ears.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Sounds a lot like the rear driveshaft U Joint I did on my 180k miles '99 4Runner.
Quite possibly the worst weekend of wrenching in my life.
I'd have taken it to a buddy's shop if I had one!
It felt like it had become one with the driveshaft ears.
The day could have been worse. Like an idiot, I forgot to chock a wheel. I got the last nut off the last U bolt, pulled the drive shaft, and the truck started rolling backwards, while I was half way beneath it. I grabbed the front wheel as the truck slowly rolled out, thinking I could stop it (right), and ended up using the tire as leverage to help pull myself out from under the truck. I then watched it roll down the driveway, into the neighbor's yard. No damage done. I was lucky. Pushing the truck back up into my driveway was a pain in the ass.

S.C.

CZLoco

The day could have been worse. Like an idiot, I forgot to chock a wheel. I got the last nut off the last U bolt, pulled the drive shaft, and the truck started rolling backwards, while I was half way beneath it. I grabbed the front wheel as the truck slowly rolled out, thinking I could stop it (right), and ended up using the tire as leverage to help pull myself out from under the truck. I then watched it roll down the driveway, into the neighbor's yard. No damage done. I was lucky. Pushing the truck back up into my driveway was a pain in the ass.

S.C.
Dang, sailUSVI sailUSVI glad you're okay!

:lol:

CZLoco

Got the knuckles and shafts installed today.
Will get the bearings and wheels installed tomorrow if I wake up early.
But since the Lonhorns are playing, I'll probably do nothing tomorrow but nurse a hangover.

Zinc plating is going well.

Top Bottom