...THE... RANDOM PIX thread...

Brokenfly

HOLYBAMF
This is Pokey West, a local stock car racer from my childhood. Friends my parents hung out with lived on a farm and would have a pig roast once ln awhile. They invited Pokey West to come in his stock car and impress us kids. I still remember his car coming down the gravel road and turning into the lane to the house. He signed autographs for us, we were duly impressed to meet a real celebrity.

Brokenfly

HOLYBAMF
This small circle track was my 1st time on a track for me.it was between heats and the feature race so dad had me ride my 50 from the infield for one lap.
which i busted my ass going across some ruts.:biggrin1a:
maybe 10-12 yrs old.

guarantee sleeperbusa has been there.:cool:

Last edited:

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
I too had a local hero who raced stock cars. Don Fitzgerald was his name, and in my little world, he walked on water. :up:

Sometimes when other classes were on the track, he would come out to the stands to sit and chat with me and my mother for a couple minutes. I was about 8 years old and felt like a big shot.
I have a couple framed pictures of him out in my shop... will scan and post them one of these days.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I too had a local hero who raced stock cars. Don Fitzgerald was his name, and in my little world, he walked on water. :up:

Sometimes when other classes were on the track, he would come out to the stands to sit and chat with me and my mother for a couple minutes. I was about 8 years old and felt like a big shot.
I have a couple framed pictures of him out in my shop... will scan and post them one of these days.
Hitting on yer mum?

Top Bottom