...THE... RANDOM PIX thread...

Vegas12

BAMF+
Starting with the 1980 model, those were nice motorcycles. I have a 1980 or 81.

As time goes by, stories and posts get repeated.....like tinny's infatuation with putin.

So IDGAF if this is a repeat:

Adult neighbor had an XSsive 650.....I was 15 with my KZ650.

I destroyed his bike horribly .

He took it to the dealer he bought it from and spent some serious coin on "anything to beat the punk's Kawasaki.".....heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend.

Pipe, cam, jetting etc..later I still had lunch while waiting for him down our private dragstrip. (a yet unopened on ramp)

He was pissed and said it was obviously because he was 100 pounds heavier than my 15 year old 140 pounds.

I had done some manual labor for him and his fat wife tried to seduce me, but I couldn't out of respect....not really, it was because she was fat and her tits were disgusting under the open laced bikini top..🤮

So I knew him well enough to tell him I could beat that POS while two up.....but not with his wife as passenger....j/k.

We bet $100 and I grabbed a buddy who was about the same size as me.

I kinda fucked up on the launch and almost looped it....but still ended up winning by hundreds of feet.

I followed him back to his house...he jumped off his bike and ran into his house.

About 30 seconds later he went out his balcony and threw a wadded up Franklin down...

May have cost me in the long run since I never got anymore yard work from him.....or blessing in disguise since I didn't have to see his wife laying out by the pool again.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
As time goes by, stories and posts get repeated.....like tinny's infatuation with putin.

So IDGAF if this is a repeat:

Adult neighbor had an XSsive 650.....I was 15 with my KZ650.

I destroyed his bike horribly .

He took it to the dealer he bought it from and spent some serious coin on "anything to beat the punk's Kawasaki.".....heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend.

Pipe, cam, jetting etc..later I still had lunch while waiting for him down our private dragstrip. (a yet unopened on ramp)

He was pissed and said it was obviously because he was 100 pounds heavier than my 15 year old 140 pounds.

I had done some manual labor for him and his fat wife tried to seduce me, but I couldn't out of respect....not really, it was because she was fat and her tits were disgusting under the open laced bikini top..🤮

So I knew him well enough to tell him I could beat that POS while two up.....but not with his wife as passenger....j/k.

We bet $100 and I grabbed a buddy who was about the same size as me.

I kinda fucked up on the launch and almost looped it....but still ended up winning by hundreds of feet.

I followed him back to his house...he jumped off his bike and ran into his house.

About 30 seconds later he went out his balcony and threw a wadded up Franklin down...

May have cost me in the long run since I never got anymore yard work from him.....or blessing in disguise since I didn't have to see his wife laying out by the pool again.
They are not fast, unless you have a genuine Yamaha OW72, or a Whitham cylinder head to bolt on.
It's just a nice simple no bullshit lifestyle motorcycle.

Vegas12

BAMF+
They are not fast, unless you have a genuine Yamaha OW72, or a Whitham cylinder head to bolt on.
It's just a nice simple no bullshit lifestyle motorcycle.
Don't tell that to Jeff(the neighbor)....he was heartbroken.

He was some big shot with JBL and I do recall he had the most incredible stereo setup I'd ever heard....well, at least when compared to the kraco 8 track systems we were used to hearing in cars.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Brokenfly Brokenfly, posted

Interesting how everything to the left gets colder as you go faster but to the right it gets hotter.
I've spent a ton of time riding in 100+ heat and underneath leathers it's always even hotter than that.

Last edited:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
damn its got a dinged up front wheel. Always thought those cars were super cool. I went to college with a dude that had one and he fucked it up terribly. He couldnt drive it worth a shit either. I got to row throw the gears for a couple hours when I let him ride my bike as a trade. The staggered wheels made tires expensive. :D

Brokenfly

BAMF+
Brokenfly Brokenfly, posted
View attachment 47269

Interesting how everything to the left gets colder as you go faster but to the right it gets hotter.
I've spent a ton of time riding in 100+ heat and underneath leathers it's always even hotter than that.
I had perforated leathers and carried bottles of water that I would pour down my t shirt for a little relief until the wind dried it out.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
And no garbage on that one. The completely stock bare Gold Wangs were not bad bikes.
I actually owned a bare bones, no fairing, saddle bags or shit like that Goldwing for awhile. It was pretty peppy being as how it was 500lbs lighter than a full garbage barge. I owned it and rode it for a very short tyme, it was a flipper.

whipit1K

BAMF
Best of the 1100 Goldwings, 1983, the last year. Good brakes, cast wheels, still solid lifters. Faster than the 1200s.
I have an 81 GL1100 standard in really nice condition sitting in the garage waiting for attention . Some jackoff filled the cooling system with water and let it freeze. I had it running with just a carb clean but water poured out of nearly invisible cracks in the left head and water pump housing. I have donor heads and water pump housing laying around to try. One of these days

whipit1K

BAMF
I actually owned a bare bones, no fairing, saddle bags or shit like that Goldwing for awhile. It was pretty peppy being as how it was 500lbs lighter than a full garbage barge. I owned it and rode it for a very short tyme, it was a flipper.
I also have a nice , low mileage 1996 GL1500 interstate in the garage. The interstate has minimal radio BS, lacks the CB crap, and has no onboard compressor, and this particular bike has no bullshit add on's- no unnecessary chrome bullshit, no trailer hitch, no 37 extra marker lights. Looks like any other GL1500 otherwise. This version of the GL1500 is listed as having a dry weight of 771 pounds- a good bit lighter than the Aspencade or SE. It does not feel bad at all

Top Bottom