The Random Life Hacks Thread

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Nahh, you can just let the terlet brush "air dry" by putting it under the lid before "putting it away wet".

1569893431787.png

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I refill my travel size tooth paste from my normal sized one, it's even better if I'm staying at someone else house when I do it
I see a logical flaw in this- why wouldn't you bring your normal-sized toothpaste to someone else's house and then fill it up from theirs? Normally I'd say to just steal their toothpaste, but that would be rude...

This would also work with shampoo, mouthwash, and pretty much any other toiletries (except stuff like shaving cream or aerosol deodorant, which are a bitch to get back into the can).

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I see a logical flaw in this- why wouldn't you bring your normal-sized toothpaste to someone else's house and then fill it up from theirs? Normally I'd say to just steal their toothpaste, but that would be rude...

This would also work with shampoo, mouthwash, and pretty much any other toiletries (except stuff like shaving cream or aerosol deodorant, which are a bitch to get back into the can).
I can also get a couple of q-tips in there

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Here's a life hack for everyone: stop using the word "hack" for anything that doesn't involve a blade or illegal activity on a computer.
What about for a guy that sucks at his job, or the hack-squat at the gym, or hacking up a huge gob of phlegm? There are other valid uses as well- you're selling the word short, imho.

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org

Back in the film camera days, if I was at somebodies house and came across a camera lying around, I'd discretely take a picture of my dick with it and put it back

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Wow, clicking on "store locations" at Blockbuster.com lists just one single store left:

211 NE Revere Ave
Bend, OR 97701

www.blockbuster.com

It's even got active reviews!
Blockbuster - Bend, OR

7/16/2019
"Be kind, rewind" - Maya Angelou

I didn't drive 529 miles just to go to Blockbuster, but it was the final stop of a road trip that included roadside attractions such as Rainbow Truck Village, Japanese Balloon Bomb Memorial, and Screaming Tub Mannequin (I'm not kidding).

Unless you are a local, this place only serves as a living flashback and photo op, though there is merchandise, an exhibit of media attending to the novelty of being the last Blockbuster, the site of the Captain Planet flashback scene, and some Russell Crowe memorabilia (actor's chair from Cinderella Man, a handkerchief full of angry spittle following arguments with a director, etc).
1569897998804.png

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

Then you might find it surprising that DVD mailing is still a huge business for Netflix
As a home theater geek, I'm not surprised.
But when I start renting/burning again, it'll be from a rental location that rents the consumer edition of BluRay rather than the Netflix-kinda version.
The consumer edition more often have the better Dolby ATMOS and special DTS, etc. audio tracks. While Netflix more often have the crappier audio.

Ignore the failed "3D" part of the URL that pops up.
If you want to rent and burn a high-end copy, this is the place with the best choices.
4K UHD Blu-ray

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
The reason is because (and don't quote me on the numbers) something like 40 million Americans live in areas that don't have broadband internet

The collapse of blockbuster is also the stuff of business legends

The President, seeing the rise of Netflix streaming, went to the board to make a business case to dump hard media rental in favor of launching a streaming service

The board denied for the lone reason that nearly 10% of their revenue was from late return fees and they didn't want to give that up

The rest is history, as they say

Wretch

amazingly graceful
What about for a guy that sucks at his job, or the hack-squat at the gym, or hacking up a huge gob of phlegm? There are other valid uses as well- you're selling the word short, imho.
I wonder if hork would fit in just as well.
"Pardon me for horking up that loogy."
"Hey! he horked my french fries, the hoser!"
"Horked a squat..."
Life Horks sound better too.

I'm thinking we could manipulate the language into a real clusterfuck with just a few words added every three days.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I was so close to making a Sargent/York comment and glad you stepped up to cover it gobrian...

...I just wasn't feeling it.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Back in the film camera days, if I was at somebodies house and came across a camera lying around, I'd discretely take a picture of my dick with it and put it back
that happened at a friends wedding...lol. So many dik pix but the hilarity wasnt realized til weeks later. One of us got busted because one of the friends remembered what type of underwear she had on and managed to remember who was sitting next to her...lol

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
Life hack...I still owe the video store about 10 dollars late fees.
Knew they were gonna go outta business sooner or later.
I owed Turtle video $120 for a damaged vid. Steamed the label off and put it on a blank tape and dropped in after hours return...lol

Stetson

BAMF
I was taking a piss today, looked at the toilet brush in the little bucket in the corner, and realized I don't really give a shit if it gets put away wet.

It's a brush for scrubbing shit stains, not painting cabinets.

BigHock

BAMF
Apes open opposite the stem. I've evolved. I never saw the benefit of opening opposite the stem.
You never got the banana with a stem much like RP’s penis? All soft, flimsy and useless? Mashing the top of banana and just not right?

Well... never a problem opening from the CORRECT END.

Oh, and the stem is nice little handle to hold your fruit.

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

I was taking a piss today, looked at the toilet brush in the little bucket in the corner, and realized I don't really give a shit if it gets put away wet.

It's a brush for scrubbing shit stains, not painting cabinets.
Sure Man it's YOUR pee-pee dripping all over the floor. :D
I actually keep my brush in a closet about seven feet away from the toilet.
IDK why. I guess cuz I don't have a brush box for it, so I just toss it in the back of the closet on the ground.

busa10

BAMF
Meanwhile back at the hacks...

I read that blasting some butane in a paint can before you put the lid on will keep the paint from drying up on it's surface in the can. Apparently the butane shields the oxygen from the paint because it's heavier than the oxygen. Who knew?

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Not sure that's really evolving if you're doing it less efficiently.
Since you responded: as I'm sure you're aware, there is a nasty tasting, medium-to-hard, little knob of banana at the end opposite the stem. When you start from the stem side, that knob stays cleanly in the peel, with minimal tasty waste, and can be pitched with the peel when done. Doing it backwards requires either pinching that knob off with your (likely) dirty fingers, risk taking good banana with it, and flinging it like a sticky booger. You could bite it off and spit it away, but that would almost certainly waste good banana.

Start from the stem side. Efficient, maximum edible content and clean.

BigHock

BAMF
:lol: OK.

You really like to maximize your fruit flesh to waste ratio I see.

If that little ‘knob’ is an issue fir you, I certainly don’t want to discuss Apples with you. Or maybe I do...

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
I recognize the 'knob' issue, as I've given thought to that myself .. my M.O. is to tactically remove the offending fruit nub with my teeth if there is one .. which begs the question; how do you address the squashed part caused by undressing the Banana incorrectly? Do you just eat it (can't do squishy), or employee one of your tactics above?

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
You really like to maximize your fruit flesh to waste ratio I see.
I thought you'd appreciate that.

If that little ‘knob’ is an issue fir you, I certainly don’t want to discuss Apples with you. Or maybe I do...
Oh, don't get me started on apples. I chew the core down to the hard lining on the pocket that contains the seed. I chew the bottom to the edges of the weird soft petal looking thing. The top gets chewed down to the base of the stem.

If I'm going to pay too much for fruit, I'm going to maximize my yield.

By the way, I have an orchid in my side yard, but we can't grow apples here. Not cold enough. I also can't grow coconuts. Not warm enough. Bananas I got. In fact, I have two big bunches on my trees now. They won't be ready to eat for a few more weeks. Lot's of citrus... oranges, lemons and limes.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
how do you address the squashed part caused by undressing the Banana incorrectly? Do you just eat it (can't do squishy), or employee one of your tactics above?
That's something that can be hit or miss actually. I don't like a banana with any brown on it. Maybe even a little green. Very firm. Typically I can break the stem seal without smashing the meat. A firm banana also helps with the nub as I can just "pull" the last bite off and the nub stays. My mother, on the other hand, likes a near rotten banana... says it's sweeter. Yeah, not for me. Oh, I also try not to look like a homo going down on a throbbing shaft when eating the banana. Not always an easy task.

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

I'm not really a banana fan but I'll slice them up and put the pieces into my cereal every morning.

Top Bottom