The found a new cream puff

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
A buddy is in need a of a car and and wants my Cream Puff Jeep .. I told him I have $6138 into it and it's only worth about $4500.. he said I'll give you $6500... SOLD.. so now I am in search of a 4x4 2010 to 2014 jeep 5.7 hemi overland... or something similar. Under 80k miles and less then 10k I'll go up to 15k for an outstanding unit.

I was thinking of going the wreck route and doing a LIGHT fix on something to ... any one have good things to say about any rebuild sites to check out.

Oh the Toyota LX and GX are also in the running but they seem to be a bit over priced.

Last edited:

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
If you're looking for 500hp/500tq then I know a guy...

He has a basket case so... some assembly required.

Bandit Man

BAMF
I cant believe how the XJ line has held their value. Lots of rust free Jeeps around here for sale but damn they are expensive.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Well I learned today about the Summit trim and over land trim that tge Quad drive ONLY comes with the hemi motor.. I almost bought a v6 summit then asked for a picture of the 4x4 selector ... nope not there. So I'm going to up to 25k and go a bit newer and now only looking for a summit or over land 5.7.

Or get a 4x4 sprinter van.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Only thing I found so far is a 20 Kia soul gt 9k miles for $12k.. the used market if a bit on fire.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I didnt know they offered the Soul in 4WD.

Add said awd.. but kia web site said no awd .. I think they fucked up..

Got a 15 Grand Cherokee summit in Denver for 22k with 39k miles I like.. hate black but it does have all options I want at a decent price. So far it is in the lead.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Just did a search of police packages.. not sure if I want to go down that road but there is a liquidator in Chicago that has nice deals on explorers and Tahoe..

Austin_F

BAMF+
what the hell? I go to chicago all the time you never offered, here I am staying in Downer's Grove or Northbrook (depending on if I want to go to the classic theater or have an awesome breakfast)

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
So my search has lead to me now to a 17 or 18 low milage Grand Cherokee Summit..

What the fuck are these dealership add on prices

Care add on.. fuck them...

Recondition add on.. fuck them

$150 no problem

E mailed them back as my offer is all cash fly and drive so far no reply ...

Screenshot_20210207-111224_Email.jpg

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
a trip to Vegas is always nice...by owner, which is always my preference.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Hermans partner has this under the hood of his jeep. I can see you in this Paul!

View attachment 55486

Those hellcats are damn fun.. my buddy has over 1000 hp in his and as tempted as I am.. I already went down the deep rabbit hole on the V and just want a road tripping luxury CAPABLE 4x4.. I need to get to Alaska before I get to crippled to make the long drives. :)

I see me selling the v as soon as Cadillac sells a awd killer electric vehicle.. I know it's in the works just have to wait a bit longer

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
a trip to Vegas is always nice...by owner, which is always my preference.

I have a 17 in NC GC Summit with 274 miles for $43k ... I'm looking for less then 15k miles ... summit trim.. 5.7 v 8 with Quadra drive 2.. preferable white and light color interior.

There is a lot to choose from now that I upped the price point. I'm also considering, 2500 pickups, Escalades, And Expeditions, Yukon and Tahoe but none of those will be super low milage at the $45k cut off point. I have until presidents day when my buddy takes this jeep so I have some time.

BigGar

high on placebo
I have a 17 in NC GC Summit with 274 miles for $43k ... I'm looking for less then 15k miles ... summit trim.. 5.7 v 8 with Quadra drive 2.. preferable white and light color interior.

There is a lot to choose from now that I upped the price point. I'm also considering, 2500 pickups, Escalades, And Expeditions, Yukon and Tahoe but none of those will be super low milage at the $45k cut off point. I have until presidents day when my buddy takes this jeep so I have some time.
Why do you feel you need a 2500 pickup? Nothing wrong with them, but if you're not towing something a little heavy, a 1/2 will ride a whole lot better. Get a '17 Raptor crew cab :)

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Why do you feel you need a 2500 pickup? Nothing wrong with them, but if you're not towing something a little heavy, a 1/2 will ride a whole lot better. Get a '17 Raptor crew cab :)

I would pick up a toy hauler and or Car trailer.. my car gets shipped to Texas and Ohio for work. The money I'm spending could have been used towards a trailer. :)

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Another mother fucker with fees and shit...

The listing price says $38995.00 but when I hit the table to see if it was available I get back a 38995 offer plus fees ..

Then on top of that they add the other shit..

Fuck them

Screenshot_20210207-150005_Email.jpg

Ninjaman12R

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
Another mother fucker with fees and shit...

The listing price says $38995.00 but when I hit the table to see if it was available I get back a 38995 offer plus fees ..

Then on top of that they add the other shit..

Fuck them

View attachment 55500
Sadly that is what I find on most anything you shop from a dealer. Bullshit fees topped by even more bullshit fees, and cash isn't king at a lot of places......

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Out of curiousity,

Didin't 5.7 hemis munch though cam-lifter assemblies like a kid eatin' smarties ??

I'd assume they fixed it?

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Out of curiousity,

Didin't 5.7 hemis munch though cam-lifter assemblies like a kid eatin' smarties ??

I'd assume they fixed it?
My 08 had 91k trouble free miles. But not sure after that year. I have heard of some valve train issues though

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
My 08 had 91k trouble free miles. But not sure after that year. I have heard of some valve train issues though
A buddy of mine had misfire issues on his ( cant remember the year) and ended with new cam and lifters and other things.. and a 5k$ cdn bill.. they had to pull out the engine to do the job..

Look it up on youtube.. pretty recent years had issues..

Just so you dont end with the shitty end of the stick ya know.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Find the package you want in a vehicle, then get online and search for the HOLDBACK price for that particular package.

Print out the holdback go to dealers, show them the printed paper and ask them what is the least amount they need OVER that Holdback number, in order to make a deal.

You will get thrown out of some dealers but you will find a dealer that needs to put a number on the board and will sell you a car for $500 over holdback.

Tell them off the start that you won t pay for dealer prep, lojack, window etch etc. As they will try to rape you once you re in the finance office.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Find the package you want in a vehicle, then get online and search for the HOLDBACK price for that particular package.

Print out the holdback go to dealers, show them the printed paper and ask them what is the least amount they need OVER that Holdback number, in order to make a deal.

You will get thrown out of some dealers but you will find a dealer that needs to put a number on the board and will sell you a car for $500 over holdback.

Tell them off the start that you won t pay for dealer prep, lojack, window etch etc. As they will try to rape you once you re in the finance office.
It's all cash deal.. no finance .. these fucks all hate cash.

Top Bottom