The epitome of my childhood

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
And the "snow" they used in the Wizard of Oz was asbestos.

The mosquito truck drives down our street now and then, I go back in the house until the spray settles. Last week it came by at 1:30AM!

Master-Cylinder

And they dusted refugee's right after WWII with DDT, shot it in their hair, down their shirts and pants/dresses.

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I was told golf courses are among the most toxic places on the planet

People have told me not to golf and sure AF not to live near a golf course, especially with young kids in the house

I hate golf, but this was a time when I was doing some business development with a client whose bosses were golf addicts

One (and only) time the bosses booked a 7AM tee off time. Played on a course that still had fresh morning dew kicking up mist as we walked the fairways

By the end of the 9th hole, my white khaki pants were purple from the knee down

I don't have any conclusive scientific proof, but I hung it up shortly after

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
i hate the whole tee time bullshit of course golfing. I prefer just driving...keep a driver in my truck for idle time during the week...lol. I always wanted to perfect a windmill swing just for giggles.. a local guy could drive a ball over 50yds with a shovel...hilarious stuff

Austin_F

BAMF+
Mosquito trucks? Damn never realized that was a thing.

It can get wet here in Norway but we just take care to keep water from accumulating around the house.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it is much easier to just broadcast poison everywhere and better for the economy at so many levels...

...I was going to start a thread aboot idiots today behind being chased out of the tent and the cemetary before 9am by toxic idiots...

...one guy sprayed the neighbor's yard and drove us out and then they started cutting pavement at the cemetery shortly after our arrival...

...the idiot part come in where no one was wearing any kind of protective gear...

...the spray rig guy was wearing shorts and sneakers w/o socks...

...at the cemetery there was a whole crew just standin around in a dust cloud...some were smoking...it was thick enough to make it hard to see them...

Last edited:

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
All us Kids that would ride our bikes in and out of the cloud. It's a wonder I can still breathe at all

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg
I was going to say that I think the idiot part is a guy living in a tent in a graveyard or someones backyard, but I won't.
...so suking fumes and silica/asphalt dust is ok for me...check....

...at least I am smart enough to protect myself from obvious and well known health hazards...

...you remine me of people who say it's ok for me to inhale fiberglass because I smoke pot...

...I just got away from the dust cloud and will avoid my camp site until the fumes dissapate…

…I can't imagine not using protective equipment on those jobs, but there it is...

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I think all diesel trucks should have large DDT signs on them.

And yeah, DDT was a miracle worker back in Panama.

Team222

BAMF
The road I grew up on was dirt and gravel, a couple times a Summer the county would spray oil on the road to keep the dust down, it wasn't until yrs later it was discovered that that oil came from old transformers off the telephone poles and was carcinogenic as hell, basically liquid cancer.

I remember that smell. Dad was always like "open the windows" which I assume he thought the gas would kill the bugs in our house.

Master-Cylinder

The road I grew up on was dirt and gravel, a couple times a Summer the county would spray oil on the road to keep the dust down, it wasn't until yrs later it was discovered that that oil came from old transformers off the telephone poles and was carcinogenic as hell, basically liquid cancer.

We had the same deal.

Rocco

BAM
And they dusted refugee's right after WWII with DDT, shot it in their hair, down their shirts and pants/dresses.

I don't think DDT was as hard on humans as they made it out to be. I don't exactly remember, but I think it was mostly environmental reasons for banning it. My folks had a stock pile of DDT that lasted for years. I got it on myself as a kid, when dusting my parents rose bushes for Japanese beetles or the garbage cans for fly's. It was like no big deal then. The last I knew, the government still has a licence to use DDT - just no licence for you .

Master-Cylinder

According to California, EVERYTHING causes cancer. There is a label on every motorcycle part claiming it causes cancer in California. I think I'd move just to get away from the cancer.

I'm gonna go out and spray my yard with Round Up. GONNA GIT PAID!

DDT was good at keeping the bedbugs away, which is why they are everywhere these days since there is really no chemical that will kill their eggs.

So sleep tight.

RollieFree

BAMF
We would ride behind it on our bikes as dumbass kids would. Interesting that neither the driver or any of the parents ever tried to sop us from doing it. I guess in the 60's everything was OK.
RF

'Silent Spring' was the book in the '60s that got DDT banned I believe. Saw an article the other day that they have now proven that the author made up all her statistics.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
What's the difference between mother's milk and RAID™?

RAID™ doesn't have any DDT in it.

Top Bottom