The ePiC 2o2o PoTuS DEBATE thread

Austin_F

BAMF+

The results also hinted at the possibility of a substantial number of “shy Trump” voters in the electorate: while 47 percent of respondents said they believe that their neighbors are Trump voters, only 36 of them say they are surrounded by Biden backers.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yeah, but the article also say this:

The IBD/TIPP national tracking poll, released Saturday, puts Biden at 50 percent in the head-to-head matchup, with Trump at 43 percent. The 7-point advantage is well outside the survey’s 3 percent margin of error.

But the poll of 1,009 likely voters saw Biden’s support slip by just over 2 percentage points since Monday— and found an increase of just under 1 percent for the incumbent.

The IBD/TIPP survey found strength for Biden among independent voters, who split their support between Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton in 2016, but now back the challenger by a 9-percent margin.

And from their linked information source:

Among people who voted for Trump in 2016, 7% say they'll vote for Biden. Just 2% of Hillary Clinton voters back Trump this year.

1602980268714.gif

Austin_F

BAMF+
I found it interesting based on your past comments. I can't remember exactly how you worded it, but basically i think you said the way the polls trend can be considered more accurate than the numbers themselves.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I found it interesting based on your past comments. I can't remember exactly how you worded it, but basically i think you said the way the polls trend can be considered more accurate than the numbers themselves.
That's true, but a one-time, within-the-margin-of-error swing isn't a 'trend' (in this case it's a two point change on a poll with a three point MOE)- if it's outside the MOE, it counts as significant.

On Rasmussen (where they claim a 2 point MOE), when Trump slipped 15 points (from even to -15) in their 'approval index' between 21Sep and 7Oct (he's recovered a bit since and is at -8 on their most recent poll), that was a 'trend'.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
also does make sense that if the entire story were absolute nonsense....the WORST thing that could be done would be delete it or otherwise try to suppress the story on a global scale.

one simply "cmon man, this is horseshit" would have been 10000% more effective. Kinda like with trumps taxes... the fact he keeps saying no makes folks think there is far more to the story...even if he hasnt broken a tax law in decades.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
That's true, but a one-time, within-the-margin-of-error swing isn't a 'trend' (in this case it's a two point change on a poll with a three point MOE)- if it's outside the MOE, it counts as significant.

On Rasmussen (where they claim a 2 point MOE), when Trump slipped 15 points (from even to -15) in their 'approval index' between 21Sep and 7Oct (he's recovered a bit since and is at -8 on their most recent poll), that was a 'trend'.
lol...
POLLS mean shit...

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
also does make sense that if the entire story were absolute nonsense....the WORST thing that could be done would be delete it or otherwise try to suppress the story on a global scale.
one simply "cmon man, this is horseshit" would have been 10000% more effective. Kinda like with trumps taxes... the fact he keeps saying no makes folks think there is far more to the story...even if he hasnt broken a tax law in decades.
right like the Trump story about him calling soldiers and military personnel "suckers & losers". Nobody has any first hand knowledge, domestically, but lots of foreign press has confirmed the story...lol And to put that into context... that is EXACTLY the mentality of a liberal Northeasterner. You didnt opt for the military as a career path unless all your other bridges were burnt or it was a family tradition. Which for my bloodline was pretty traditional. Talking with some Uncles... yeap the military is great in a peaceful time especially when you rise in rank. When its time to fight... they were sidestepping to exit.
What cracked me up in the 90s... when all the GI Bill Joes & Janes suddenly found themselves obligated to be on the front lines when all they wanted was the gov't to front their tuition. It was quite the news story... Man/woman enlists in military and has to fight a war, just wanted GI benefit... OMG.
I grew up in one of those little towns that has the war vet memorial parks. You look at the names on the walls/stones and then look around at the shitbags roaming the streets and ask yourself... Do I want to risk my life for these unappreciative assholes? The fact I got to make that choice, as a young man, makes one appreciate our ability to do so. My brothers on the otherhand... all gung ho at 18... were "get me out" at 20.

Rocco

BAM
lol...
POLLS mean shit...
Polls are no longer used to gauge people's opinions, they're used to influence people's opinions.

They are total bullshit.

Agreed _ With all of the distortions we get on a daily basis, why then should we believe polls to be any different. We are told a particular poll said, like it was some kind of indisputable research. At the same time they are telling us of their fact find, we don't know the demographics of those polled, or who the individual pollsters were, or if the pollsters self interpreted answers to favor an outcome. To me polls are like statistics, there is too much play room for shenanigans. Greenie is right about the tactical use of polls to influence the weak voter. Some people are not very well informed at all and they don't understand the playing field. Those people tend to go with the majority, thinking the majority must be right, so therefore they should vote with the majority. Polls can and are used to snag the voters who follow the lead.

-

-

Last edited:
Top Bottom