the challenges of banning people

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I see it as three main points with subsets.

1 The low hanging fruit. Once you get rid on the "worst" the next "worst suddenly appears. You get rid of that one, and again, the "worst one appears. Soon you are actively looking for the worst one, what the criteria is becomes vague, do they have a bike or not, are they of a certain political party, do they use proper grammar or spelling?

2 Voting. Yes the prospect of having a say because you're a "member". News flash, you're not really members, more of guest. It's a voluntary relationship. The requirements here's are few. We largely go with what duc originally had in his vision. I'm not going to offer a detailed review the rules. Most know them.

3 Banning people in its self is problematic. There is never, ever, a right time. Its one of two choices, too early, too late. Both are riddled with problems. It also falls back to following the rules...which are sometimes pretty fluid. Personally if you go after someones kid, you're done. Fuck you and die. Being passive aggressive and trying to be cute about going after someones kid...I'd give you a very cute fuck you and die.

This place thrives of controversy, which is not the same as spamming. If you have an opinion, it is largely protected here. If you are of an opposing political view, again, you are fine. If you identify as a sushi eating cross dressing political hack with no bike or life....ok, well you need to clean up your shit, and probably better to keep quiet, but you can be here... People who view the opposition as their enemy, have IMO never really experienced the enemy. If you say I am you enemy because of my opinion, you're 1) an Idiot, 2) possibly in danger should we actually meet in real life.

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com
Most people here wouldn't last on other forums.
Sure you can play nice for a while but if you spend any amount of time there it becomes intolerable....gone.
I got banned from a pug forum for christsakes.
so... there really are other motorcycle forums...?

i did also belong to a laser forum about 20 years ago... ganoskin or some shit like that... i bet they are still there, and still boring.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
and you seem to think you are a mod... or maybe you just get your panties in bunch over nude pop stars too?
One for you then )
Post the fuckin link you worthless coward. post the thread where I claimed I was a Mod! Your a whiney little bitch who bitches and complains and if I was a mod your ass would be banned permanently. At this point I couldn’t care less of you dropped dead tonight. I wouldn’t mourn for you. I WOULDN’T CARE

Ed

I see it as three main points with subsets.
If you are empowered to make a decision, and a decision needs to be made- then you're not obliged to explain making the decision; you're only open to criticism if you make decisions inconsistently, or can't make one at all.

It is not a level playing field here, nor has it ever been. I'm sure I'm not the only member who has deleted this bookmark more than once, but values certain friendships too highly to discard them for good.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Banners(mods) are seen by most everyone here as lapsing into the liberal zombie, offended, "woke", brainwashed mode when banning is done.
OK, I’ll take the bait. What do you suggest be done with someone who pushes the limits every time they post. Someone who spams the board constantly with unwanted bullshit. Someone who thinks he’s above or beyond the rules? Because that describes WP. He thrived on pissing people off. He enjoyed belittling people and talking shit about members families. So do you just let him do it?

OK, I’ll take the bait. What do you suggest be done with someone who pushes the limits every time they post. Someone who spams the board constantly with unwanted bullshit. Someone who thinks he’s above or beyond the rules? Because that describes WP. He thrived on pissing people off. He enjoyed belittling people and talking shit about members families. So do you just let him do it?
Suggest everyon
e ignore them and move on, or, put them on universal ignore, announce it, and those who don't agree can unignore them

Stetson

BAMF+
I don't recall DP being banned, but I guess it could have happened back when duc ran the joint.
Dirty Pete
DirtyPete
and
Dirty Peyote are now banned. DP got a year. The other two are destroyed.
He has no class and no limit on what he will say to hurt someone. He made a joke out of my dieing on here and berates other member wives. It support like that that has kept me off the Computer in the first place. I can't help it. I'm, messed up and my live is changing if not over. To read what he wrote Sunday made my blood boil. It was all true. Why state the obvious? I can't remember the last time I was mad enough to really Ban a member, but that asshole is not worth the storage space it takes to list his account. That the limit. Fuck Him and good riddance. He thinks everything he writes is brilliant and witty. For most of us we see through the pompous ass and see him for two faced traitor and lying sack of shit he really is.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
It's really funny because Dirty Pete ended up dead, too.

I already know I'm going to the hell I don't believe in, DP was a malignant personality.

im2fast4uguys

Mr Rabbit
I'm not in support of banning anyone, that's why we have an "ignore" button - There are many flavours of people here, that's why I think Duc's vision is so much fun - I've not got a single one of you fuckers on my ignore list, I value your input.

Top Bottom