The C8 in person

I still refuse to have a GPS device.
Plan a trip, I'll study the maps, note turns from one major hwy/towns to the next and take that with me.

The US Army spent a lot of money teaching us how to read maps and navigate the land.
I can't see wasting the taxpayer's money by throwing all that away.

Plus, I'll be able to sell my skills to the highest bidder when all the satellites go dark from solar flares.
I figure there would be worse things than driving a bus of lost people...
If you own a smart phone you already have one. :)

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
A navigation program isn't a GPS based system. Most smartphones don't have a gps reciever, or a glonass, or a Galileo system either, The cell tower info is used just like it is when Dave's dates find him on grindr.

Edit: turns out smartphones have assisted GPS (aGPS). Very few will work without cell towers. If a fone won't show satellite locations it won't work without a cell tower in range.

Last edited:
A navigation program isn't a GPS based system. Most smartphones don't have a gps reciever, or a glonass, or a Galileo system either, The cell tower info is used just like it is when Dave's dates find him on grindr.

Edit: turns out smartphones have assisted GPS (aGPS). Very few will work without cell towers. If a fone won't show satellite locations it won't work without a cell tower in range.

No you IDIOT Liberal Lowest Of All Swine Bred! Sorry could not resist, as usual too much blow for you it is Saturday after all!! Use it on airplanes to check the altitude and speed when I get bored also at the ranch for coordinates with no cell signal. :) Relax and have another couple of fatties..

Last edited:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
No you IDIOT Liberal Lowest Of All Swine Bred! Sorry could not resist, as usual too much blow for you it is Saturday after all!! Use it on airplanes to check the altitude and speed when I get bored also at the ranch for coordinates with no cell signal. :) Relax and have another couple of fatties..

Poor Tinko...getting verbally abused by everyone.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I put a cheap Kenwood in my old Chevy pickup maybe 10 years ago. I figured out the easiest way to set the clock is to hook the battery up at noon. Or midnight.

Well if the clock isn't right, how do you know it's noon... duh!

Top Bottom