The C8 in person

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I went to check out the new Corvette C8 after work today at the dealer where I got my Z06. I have to say I really like it. It looks pretty awesome in person. It looks really good from the front and the side. The view from the back not as much, looks kinda squashed or something. It would probably look better with a bigger rear wing.

In person the car looks bigger than I thought. In photos it looks like a McLaren or something, but it is larger than those, more like a Murcielago. It's not that it is really big, just a little larger in the back end than some of the other hyper cars.

IMG_20190805_154513.jpg
IMG_20190805_154442.jpg

IMG_20190805_154142.jpg

IMG_20190805_153315.jpg
IMG_20190805_153145.jpg

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Looks gay as YSR with the roof off. Do they make one without the fagola roof?

OP
Stuman

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Inside is way nicer than my C7 interior. All the materials seem really top notch and there is little if any plastic. The dash is pretty cool with the touch screen angled toward the driver. I'm not sure I like the square steering wheel. The rear view "Mirror" is actually a display for a rear facing camera. I didn't think I would like the long row of buttons down the middle but they don't really look as bad as I thought.
IMG_20190805_153044.jpg
IMG_20190805_153048.jpg

IMG_20190805_153712.jpg

IMG_20190805_153716.jpg

OP
Stuman

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
The color they had looks really nice, but I'm partial to blue. Other color choices look OK....
IMG_20190805_154317.jpg

The Yellow looks like it has a bit of a green in it, not to my taste. I'd like to see some of the other colors in person before picking,
IMG_20190805_154343.jpg

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Bronze with a neutral interior. I'm happy to see options other then red and black on the interior.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I do like the Elkhart Lake Blue.

Nice shots Stuman, thanks for sharing them!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I do like the Elkhart Lake Blue.

Nice shots Stuman, thanks for sharing them!
They should have named all the colors after racetrack adjacent town. Laguna brown because the grass is always dead there, Sebring yellow for all the homeless pissing in the streets. Gateway red after St Louis Mo. etc.

Weird lines and a lot of body seams, faux quarter windows......I'd still take one if I had the $$$$. Bet it takes a long time to wash it correctly, lot of air vents and black trim.

BigGar

high on placebo
I dig it. That's not my favorite color on it. I think the dash is fantastic. I'm sure I'll see a few next week in Monterey. The dumb body color license plate on the back really takes away from the look. Should'a just put a regular looking tag that says Corvette or something.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
That ass is a bit to busy for my taste but I still like it(s performance).

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I like it, good pictures. I'm curious if they will bring a "Zora" addition out. I"ve heard various takes on that. One being a hybrid type car with electric on demand front wheel drive. Of course that's vapor right now but still, I'm sure they could do it. Theres ample room in the front of that car if you ditch the "frunk"

A23

BAMF
I heard that the hi-po edition keeps breaking the transaxle.

It was a second hand report...so take it for what it's worth.

The back end looks like it could fit a V12.

A push rod V12...that'd be cool.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
suprised no "green"... like bassboat sparkle green would be pretty sweet.
The wheels look abit small...Id like to see a nice 1 or 2" lip on the outside just even with the fender
And the exhaust tips must go!! Would be neat if they had the "Ansa" style with body colored rings and a contrasting red on the baffle perferations on the inside.

Terry_Schiavo

Fuck the color choice.
Look at that chicks body!

Teenz needs to stand in front of the white vette with them ypga pants some more.

Wait she got excited about Zero to 60 times...oh no Teeenz we were dun before it started...lol

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Love the C8

Couple of things about the interior...

I don't understand the design thinking behind crowding the driver with both a large touchscreen AND a seemingly endless line of manual swtichgear???

I get that analog switches are opportune when they activate performance settings for lap times and such

But looking at the photos, a lot of them are just comfort settings. Why not relegate fan speed, A/C and defrosting exclusively to the touchscreen only?

To me it sends very mixed design signals

BigGar

high on placebo
Love the C8

I don't understand the design thinking behind crowding the driver with both a large touchscreen AND a seemingly endless line of manual swtichgear???

I get that analog switches are opportune when they activate performance settings for lap times and such

But looking at the photos, a lot of them are just comfort settings. Why not relegate fan speed, A/C and defrosting exclusively to the touchscreen only?

From a guy that drives everything, I fucking hate touchscreen controls on things that I want to adjust "right fucking now". Want to turn the fan down from high to medium? Access climate control menu, access fan speed menu, chose between four speed choices . . . Fuck that shit and no, it's not that I'm an old fucker. It's honestly a lot more convenient most of the time to just tap a fucking button or turn a fucking dial. Want to pair a new phone? Fine. I'll dig through a menu of buttons. Want to change a radio station? I don't want three fucking steps to do that on a touch screen.

From a guy that drives everything, I fucking hate touchscreen controls on things that I want to adjust "right fucking now". Want to turn the fan down from high to medium? Access climate control menu, access fan speed menu, chose between four speed choices . . . Fuck that shit and no, it's not that I'm an old fucker. It's honestly a lot more convenient most of the time to just tap a fucking button or turn a fucking dial. Want to pair a new phone? Fine. I'll dig through a menu of buttons. Want to change a radio station? I don't want three fucking steps to do that on a touch screen.
I agree with all that, but there's MORE! I was kicking around the idea of buying neighbor's used Ford Explorer, so I did a little research. People online were complaining about the touchscreens crapping out. An inconvenience to lose your navigation. More so to lose all ability to listen to music. But on top of that, losing heat, A/C, defrost... fuck that! Your touchscreen takes a shit, and suddenly your $50k Explorer is a Model T with nice seats! And good luck fixing that one at home.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
The Challenger we just bought has both, touchscreen controls as well as knobs for radio and climate control, I agree, wouldn't want it with only touch controls, they're a pain to navigate with ..

I agree with all that, but there's MORE! I was kicking around the idea of buying neighbor's used Ford Explorer, so I did a little research. People online were complaining about the touchscreens crapping out. An inconvenience to lose your navigation. More so to lose all ability to listen to music. But on top of that, losing heat, A/C, defrost... fuck that! Your touchscreen takes a shit, and suddenly your $50k Explorer is a Model T with nice seats! And good luck fixing that one at home.
Yes depending on the year the APIM module that runs the interface for everything has problems across the Ford line. I have an 18 F250 Platty that uses the touchscreen for everything and it has gone out once and is acting up again. It is a PITA to use the touchscreen for just about everything..

You know the C8 is longer than our C7 Z06 cars by about 6 inches. Would have thought the C8 would have been shorter.

Last edited:

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Love the C8

I don't understand the design thinking behind crowding the driver with both a large touchscreen AND a seemingly endless line of manual switchgear???

No need for me to respond other than to say, just read all the replies below your comment concerning touchscreens in cars. I agree with all of them.

However...

Too much distracted driving already!...touchscreens just add to the problem... Touchscreens need to be relegated to GPS and performance settings only.

Hell, I've been bitching about Japanese design in the cockpit for 20 years. Increasing numbers of miniscule buttons jammed into hard to access areas with no way to use some of them without pulling over to take a look at them while bent over. Aftermarket radios are a prime example of this design methodology. I won't have an aftermarket radio in any of my vehicles anymore.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
The dash is pretty cool with the touch screen angled toward the driver.
The screen is too high and too glossy. It'll be a nightmare to read on the Intertstate in standard daylight. Needs to be matte and lower or angled differently.

I didn't think I would like the long row of buttons down the middle but they don't really look as bad as I thought.
I don't like the cornrow and it isn't necessary. My Tesla doesn't have any buttons (except a DOT required hazard button and a glovebox release) and it's not inconvenient to manage. A/C is a single press on the main screen. Radio is a single press. Common functions are as convenient as manual knobs. Secondary functions are grouped under a left side menu system that is usually less than 3 presses to complete almost any function. If developed correctly, screen presses should offer no impediment to functionality.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
I have an aftermarket touchscreen 2 din radio, hate, hate, hate it, putting in something with at least a couple knobs for control, doing anything touch is a pita, apparently it wasn't designed correctly.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm finding this out on my V. And the fucking finger prints left behind on the screen has me having a microfiber towel stashed in the center console.

Terry_Schiavo

I'm finding this out on my V. And the fucking finger prints left behind on the screen has me having a microfiber towel stashed in the center console.
I got this eyeglass cleaner stuff at a dollar store... its the tits for keeping screens clean!! Even my glasses!

Bandit Man

BAMF
Death to all touch screens.

Jow did people navigate nack in the day without GPS?

We should take a few steps back sometimes.

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
I’m on side with all of that

I prefer an analog car all day and twice on Sunday

Most touch screen interfaces are awful, the dreaded ‘solutions looking for problems’ design trap

I say most because there’s one exception; Tesla Model 3

That implementation is revolutionary

They got it right because they know software and UX

All the others suck because they were designed by car companies

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I still refuse to have a GPS device.
Plan a trip, I'll study the maps, note turns from one major hwy/towns to the next and take that with me.

The US Army spent a lot of money teaching us how to read maps and navigate the land.
I can't see wasting the taxpayer's money by throwing all that away.

Plus, I'll be able to sell my skills to the highest bidder when all the satellites go dark from solar flares.
I figure there would be worse things than driving a bus of lost people...

Terry_Schiavo

I still refuse to have a GPS device.
Plan a trip, I'll study the maps, note turns from one major hwy/towns to the next and take that with me.
The US Army spent a lot of money teaching us how to read maps and navigate the land.
I can't see wasting the taxpayer's money by throwing all that away.
Plus, I'll be able to sell my skills to the highest bidder when all the satellites go dark from solar flares.
I figure there would be worse things than driving a bus of lost people...
did you swear an Oath to always wear a Daniel Boone raccoon bonnet when navigating?? lol
Dont make us call you Compass Chris!! :fu: ...

Terry_Schiavo

Death to all touch screens.
Jow did people navigate nack in the day without GPS?
We should take a few steps back sometimes.
Triple A used to send members regional maps free of charge for the asking.
I think it was Snail that showed me his local State atlas that had all kinds of squiggly lines off #'d roads.
I still have my TN & Eastern/Western KY maps that had a plethora of explorable roads.

Top Bottom