The Best Outdoor Home Security Cameras for 2019, what are y’all using?

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Make sure it's a PTZ IP cam if you want to be able to remotely move it up/down/around.

PTZ for moving them around
IP for getting them on the Internets

if you dont want to deal with wires everywhere...arlo cameras are super convenient!

downside is you have to replace cr123a batteries every other month or so.

CZLoco

Oh and don't get a battery operated camera.
Don't wanna have it run out of juice while you're 1000 miles away buying a new clunker truck! :)

CZLoco

Do you need WiFi (not recommended) or can you run a length of cable to the cameras? Power & Cat6. Or just Cat6 if you splurge for a PoE setup.

OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Do you need WiFi (not recommended) or can you run a length of cable to the cameras? Power & Cat6. Or just Cat6 if you splurge for a PoE setup.
I just want something in Maine, the only service I have up there is internet, no TV or anything else. I use the WiFi/internet for my iPad only. Don’t mind doing the cable thing if I can.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
https://m.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_333280.html?wid=1433363

I got 5 of these installed..i kid you not.. very good definition (720 hd) wired and wifi ready..water resistant.. even works at -30 F no problem.. mine are all wired except one which is the 1080 hd model but i dont like how the software is diffrent... next time im buying another 720 hd model again... plus there cheap as fuck.

Works Really well with Blue iris software ( i got the cracked version)

Even got all 6 to work with my android phone using the software called ip cam viewer PRO ( paid version for like 3$)

Last edited:
Top Bottom