The Attack on Parler

OP
Qwik

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
The badass conservatives have turned into a bunch of bitches that should be wearing pussy hats.
I’m not seeing a whole bunch of conservative that need to wear pussy hats. But what I am seeing is a whole Lotta questionable actions that the Democrats just deny or hide. I’m really curious what was with all of those suitcases full of ballots down in Georgia. Never heard anything more about that did we? You can’t be dumb enough to believe there wasn’t a whole shit load of cheating in this election by the Democrat party

Stetson

BAMF+
I’m really curious what was with all of those suitcases full of ballots down in Georgia. Never heard anything more about that did we? You can’t be dumb enough to believe there wasn’t a whole shit load of cheating in this election by the Democrat party

hedgehog

BAMF
I’m not seeing a whole bunch of conservative that need to wear pussy hats. But what I am seeing is a whole Lotta questionable actions that the Democrats just deny or hide. I’m really curious what was with all of those suitcases full of ballots down in Georgia. Never heard anything more about that did we? You can’t be dumb enough to believe there wasn’t a whole shit load of cheating in this election by the Democrat party
This is the exact pussy ass victim shit I was talking about.

Crying about losing an election and regurgitating debunked bullshit as if it hadn’t already been addressed and debunked.

“Waaaaah!......they cheated!”.......yeah, that really worked in court when trump’s own legal team couldn’t give one example of election fraud where it counted - in court - and as a result lost 64 out of 64 cases.

How many times did you hit your thumb with a hammer before you worked out it hurt?

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
parler guy just wants the attention now....hes been offered alternative hosting for his platform by multiple outlets (including a personal friend who owns a hosting company)
If I understood Bongino correctly today, he said they've been contacted by something like 500 hosting companies who want the business. If he explained what exactly the hold-up is in getting back online, I guess I wasn't listening closely enough.
But I don't think their claim is that nobody will host them.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Read a couple interesting viewpoints on the whole free speech thing when it comes to private companies. We all know as it stands legally they are private companies. The two biggest problems are first, they have become so large and such a monopoly, they have basically replaced the public square. secondly, they say if we dont like it build your own social company, which they then go after if it starts to find any success.

As we have increasingly shifted our political debates into the online realm, however, we have "digitized" all our speech. Big Tech companies arrested the democratization of speech, instead privatizing and centralizing it. Whether we like it or not, these tech companies have a monopoly on the online forum, or at least on large segments of it.

Last year, their representatives [Twitter, Facebook] sat on stage at a Department of Justice workshop and insisted that what is said or circulated on social media isn't their fault—they just amplify reach. Streaming a murder, for example, isn't at all the same as committing it, they asserted. They've testified before Congress that their platforms should not be held in any way responsible for one image of a child's sexual abuse circulating more than 160,000 times. Law enforcement should just do more, they've argued.

So to condemn Parler for "not doing enough"—to make them liable, in other words, for any violence that might result from what people say—directly contradicts the standards these platforms hold for themselves,

Read a couple interesting viewpoints on the whole free speech thing when it comes to private companies. We all know as it stands legally they are private companies. The two biggest problems are first, they have become so large and such a monopoly, they have basically replaced the public square. secondly, they say if we dont like it build your own social company, which they then go after if it starts to find any success.

Careful, supporting government intrusion into private businesses is something a Commie would say....

Austin_F

BAMF+
Careful, supporting government intrusion into private businesses is something a Commie would say....
I don't know if you are trolling, but i'll bite.

There is a difference between so many private companies that everyone has a choice, including the freedom to create their own and not be destroyed by the others, and a small handful of private companies who have grown so large and powerful that they pretty much own the entire space and don't allow competition.

You know what those authors mean when they say Twitter and Facebook have essentially become virtual public squares, right?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Nothing public about them squares.

Echo chambers would be more like it.

This place is more a public space than anywhere else that I've seen.

The difference being that we can/will throw people a banning if they shit on the living room carpet one time too many...
...with more than enough chances to see the error of their ways.

Their limitations are outside of reasonable limits ours, not so much.

I don't know if you are trolling, but i'll bite.

There is a difference between so many private companies that everyone has a choice, including the freedom to create their own and not be destroyed by the others, and a small handful of private companies who have grown so large and powerful that they pretty much own the entire space and don't allow competition.

You know what those authors mean when they say Twitter and Facebook have essentially become virtual public squares, right?
Yes, it seems we agree. Facebook has the right to kick whomever off of their website, but they need to be dealt with harshly for squashing competition.

nickslick

BAMF
a site, comprised mostly of text, like a message board, is EASY on a cpu and BANDWIDTH, far more so that another website types.

you could run a parlor kind of site with no more than 10 or 20 high end servers, me thinks.

• Red
Reactions: Red

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
That s a conspiracy you see...
Although true, the mainstream media won t show you this. So it automatically gets labeled conspiracy.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Authorities claimed social networks had complied with their demands to delete the content, saying TikTok had deleted 38% of posts promoting the rallies and that YouTube and VKontakte had each deleted 50% of similar posts appealing to underage protesters.

Police have arrested Navalny’s press secretary, two lawyers and a top investigator who helped to prepare an investigation into a £1bn palace on the Black Sea they claim was bankrolled by Putin’s friends and state companies.

• Red
Reactions: Red

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Apple Sued to Force it to Remove Telegram from its App Store

An organization called the Coalition for a Safer Web is suing Apple to try to force the company to remove the messaging app Telegram from its app store.

The lawsuit claims Apple is failing to enforce its terms of service because Telegram “allows” (read: doesn't censor) “extremist” content.

It’s bad enough that Apple removed Parler from its app store because the social media platform allows free speech. But that wasn’t enough for the censorship zealots.

Now the woke mob has moved beyond Twitter and taken to the courts.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Twitter has pulled the plug on the account of MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell.

A spokesperson for Twitter said, "This account was suspended for repeated violations of our civic integrity policy.” Twitter confirmed late Monday that the ban on the entrepreneur from Minnesota is a permanent one.

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
the recent joe rogan/tulsi gabbard interview covered this right at the start...citing the section 230 law that provides social media companies the ability to remove anything "objectionable"...and that is literally the language in the law. no requirement for said speech to not be covered under the 1st amendment, just that its "objectionable".

she also mentioned there was a snowballs chance in hell that law ever gets changed or overturned because of how big and rich the social media empires have become...and how much they donate to political campaigns.

Austin_F

BAMF+
What standards did Mike violate? Was he calling for antifa to burn shit down?

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
Ah gee, guess Repubs will have to do something else for corporate funding :roll:

further proving the point....all that money will flow away from anyone interested in modifying laws to hurt big tech...and into the coffers of those on either side of the aisle that support big tech.

not that lobbying is anything new, but the amounts of money involved at this point is utterly staggering.

further proving the point....all that money will flow away from anyone interested in modifying laws to hurt big tech...and into the coffers of those on either side of the aisle that support big tech.

not that lobbying is anything new, but the amounts of money involved at this point is utterly staggering.
Yep, same could be said of any business.

Corporations should be banned from making donations.

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
AND?

View attachment 54280
Do you ever get tired of spouting shit that doesn't support your point?
Your picture supports my point - they donate to the GOP. I never said they ONLY donated to GOP. I thought they were more evenly split, so I was wrong on that, but when the GOP isn't tough on corporations, there's not much point.

I commented above corporate lobbying and donations should be banned, that goes for both parties.

You tried so hard to catch me in a "gotcha", you lose sight of the big picture sometimes. Do better.

Last edited:
Oh and I'm greatly enjoying Republican hate for Facebook, when it was Republicans that fought to massively decrease fines against Facebook for the Cambridge Analytica scandal and data privacy violations a few years back.

Democrats wanted to hit them hard and Republicans didn't want them to, in the end Facebook got a fine equal to.....one month's revenue.

Wow. They're really gonna learn from that :lol:

While we're talking about Big Tech and "censorship"....when the FTC voted last month to sue Facebook for squashing competition, how do you think the split went as far as Dems vs Repubs was?

2 Dems vs 3 Republicans.

100% of the Dems voted to sue.

Only 33% of the Republicans voted to sue.

Guess they don't feel Facebook is too big or too powerful.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I would like to be like AD and said 'im greatly enjoying democrat unions freaking out over the job losses right after voting for biden'.....but union jobs are jobs and it's not enjoyable, it's sad.

Top Bottom