The Attack on Parler

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
A while back I offered to play a game with you where you posted 1 lie that Obama told, and I would post 2 that trump told and we’d see who ran out of lies first.

Wanna go for it?
which media are We going to use...? There is the left, the right, and the tiny sliver of the truth that floats on and between the lies it seems.

is getting harder and harder to find factual non biased news... sad

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
Now you know exactly Explicitly why parlor was banned. it wasn't about freedom of speech it was about terms of service and their breaking of them.

The debate about freedom of speech and social media has to and needs to come to the top of our minds, however it should not be related to what happened to parlor, as it was not a freedom of speech issue it was a terms of service breach clean and simple.

after reading some excerts from the response, would any of you care to disagree?
Yeah, don't mind if I listen to both sides' arguments before reaching a conclusion. :up:

BTW, for anyone interested, Bongino digs into some interesting and related topics in today's show.
Goes from about the 45 minute mark to about the 1 hour mark.

Ep. 1434 The Purge Continues. The Inside Story - The Dan Bongino Show (rumble.com)

nickslick

BAMF
im glad you brought this up, i will happily swat it down for you.

the difference is, TWITTER has employee moderators that, in a reasonable time frame and based on user reports, REMOVE post that say to kill someone, or that are illegal in some *of many* ways. if the host of twitter told twitter of illegal post on twitter, twitter would have the man power and procedures to solve the problem.

if you read the aws court reply, you will see that PARLOR had none, and left these post up, without ever deleting even a single one.

PARLOR was informed of a breach, and could not, or was not willing to, cure the contractual breech.

that my friend is the difference.

nickslick

BAMF
It doest matter how their name is spelled any more. they are now relegated to just a paragraph in a history book of the future.

nickslick

BAMF
MeWe was the fifth most popular free app on Apple's App Store and Google Play on Monday. Weinstein hammered home the point that his goal is to be "more vigilant" in moderating content on his service, and that he does not want to be an "anything goes" app—a thinly veiled swipe at Parler's lax approach.

Maybe try these, they have moderators and are proponents of free speech, as it SHOULD BE.

OP
Qwik

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org

the difference is, TWITTER has employee moderators that, in a reasonable time frame and based on user reports, REMOVE post that say to kill someone, or that are illegal in some *of many* ways. if the host of twitter told twitter of illegal post on twitter, twitter would have the man power and procedures to solve the problem.

if you read the aws court reply, you will see that PARLOR had none, and left these post up, without ever deleting even a single one.

PARLOR was informed of a breach, and could not, or was not willing to, cure the contractual breech.

So if a gun shop refuses to sell you a firearm or ammo because you’re a liberal. It’s okay right?

luckystrike

Just Grip and Rip
Website
lemonparty.org

You wrote that as if you were a California resident

luckystrike

Just Grip and Rip
Website
lemonparty.org
"Apple on Wednesday said it was putting $60 million into a fresh round of projects aimed at challenging systemic racism, including its first foray into venture capital funding to back entrepreneurs of color"

Yet more California pandering to faux claims of 'systemic racism'

Job would never have allowed it. He was steadfast opposed to charity

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
He can’t vote in the country he lives in. He’s an American in Mexico.
Yeah, but he can vote in US elections regardless of where he lives- you'll be filling out an absentee ballot application eventually.:wink2: I just didn't see the point of the 'He can't vote comment'- He's American, and can participate in his country's elections, and has every right to comment on US politics.

nickslick

BAMF
Why can't he vote?

Yes, why can't I vote?

I do live in mexico. live well on practically nothing. No regrets. GoBrian understands.

Remember, I can always mail my ballot in. :-) anyways, there's no point in voting as a republican in California anyway. So maybe you have a point. And yes, I do have one pistol. I do have a place in the United States when I want to go there, which is not often.

If only some of you knew what you were missing.

3 bucks, including a glass bottle of coke with real sugar.

This is my backyard.

It's like this everyday. Young beautiful women, no rules, no speed limits, no cops, no hassles, no shutdowns, and no assholes.

I just want to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man, and get loaded.

In Mexico that is a true statement. there are some beautiful roads that are extremely well maintained within a few miles of where I live. Twisty, perfectly paved, zero traffic, no cop, no speed limit runs. Just always make sure to bring a 50 spot in case you get pulled over. You guys won't believe it. If any of you ever want to come for a visit I have a spare cabin.

I'm free here. How about you? Are you free?

there are two ways to be free in the current world. The first is to have excessive amounts of money in a place that requires a lot of money. The second way is to have a little money in a place that has none.

Last edited:

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Yes, why can't I vote?

I do live in mexico. live well on practically nothing. No regrets. GoBrian understands.

Remember, I can always mail my ballot in. :-) anyways, there's no point in voting as a republican in California anyway. So maybe you have a point. And yes, I do have one pistol. I do have a place in the United States when I want to go there, which is not often.

If only some of you knew what you were missing.
View attachment 52648

3 bucks, including a glass bottle of coke with real sugar.

This is my backyard.

View attachment 52647

It's like this everyday. Young beautiful women, no rules, no speed limits, no cops, no hassles, no shutdowns, and no assholes.

I just want to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man, and get loaded.

In Mexico that is a true statement. there are some beautiful roads that are extremely well maintained within a few miles of where I live. Twisty, perfectly paved, zero traffic, no cop, no speed limit runs. Just always make sure to bring a 50 spot in case you get pulled over. You guys won't believe it. If any of you ever want to come for a visit I have a spare cabin.

I'm free here. How about you? Are you free?

there are two ways to be free in the current world. The first is to have excessive amounts of money in a place that requires a lot of money. The second way is to have a little money in a place that has none.
Nice pics.

nickslick

BAMF
This just in. Gab founder replicates Trump's Twitter account to the tweet and makes him live on his platform.

nickslick

BAMF
It is true that I detest what Trump did in part by inflaming his followers, and not acting quickly to stop the capital riots. I also do believe the man has a right to be heard no matter what he wishes to say, it's the American way. Remember that we have the freedom of speech, but not an excuse from repercussion.

Also check out the story on the gab founder. He's basically built his own infrastructure and has moderation teams in place to beat off the crazies and the politicians.

hedgehog

BAMF
It is true that I detest what Trump did in part by inflaming his followers, and not acting quickly to stop the capital riots. I also do believe the man has a right to be heard no matter what he wishes to say, it's the American way. Remember that we have the freedom of speech, but not an excuse from repercussion.

Also check out the story on the gab founder. He's basically built his own infrastructure and has moderation teams in place to beat off the crazies and the politicians.
There is absolutely nothing stopping trump from being heard.

Every president before was heard before the advent of social media without any problem, and that has not changed.

Hell, he gave an address on tv (and probably radio as well) last night, so he’s being heard!

This “ the president is being censored and can’t be heard” bullshit is just pure victim mentality.

They showed their ass and it's going to fuck them in the end. Couldn't help getting petty revenge, now the world sees what they can do in an instant. Trump has been telling the world what we've all known, BigTech is a threat to our national security. Now they've shown to be just that.
If all the fact-checking and disputing of posts are so effective, why ban them? Unless they're just gaslighting the masses by putting that bullshit on every post.
Threat to national security? How so?
I think your post needs to be fact checked.

nickslick

BAMF
There is absolutely nothing stopping trump from being heard.

Every president before was heard before the advent of social media without any problem, and that has not changed.

Hell, he gave an address on tv (and probably radio as well) last night, so he’s being heard!

This “ the president is being censored and can’t be heard” bullshit is just pure victim mentality.

the first people used a bull'horn, then we used telegraph, and then radio, then television and now the Internet . public leaders should have the most technologically advanced medium of their time at his disposal, as should we all.

nomad

BAMF
Is anyone besides me bursting with pride over the fact that our president has been banned from all these fuckheads' platforms? :inlove1a::up:
Ya know thats a really good point! As much as I hate what they are doing, I love the fact that they banned trump cos the sheeple finally woke up to whats going on!

I hate to say it, I also feel the same way about Covid. My threads abotu vaccine safety and efficacy got shit on for for years until Covud showed up. Now I mfinding sotries in the prress of children in catholic single mother shelter used as lab rats. Its actually worse that I ever thought - if thats even possible

nomad

BAMF
Minds cuts major features from Play Store app version after Google threatened to deplatform it

Search, discovery, and comments are now gone.

Bill Ottman, CEO of the open-source, free speech social network Minds has revealed that several key features will no longer be available in the Google Play store version of the Minds app after Google sent a 24-hour warning.

Ottman wrote that the Minds team had removed search, discovery, and comments from the response app which was accepted into the Google Play store. This functionality has also been removed from the Minds iOS app.

“We aren’t happy and will be working towards something better,” Ottman added.

The company is now planning major overhauls of various features in its app this quarter including its mobile messenger, its mobile wallet, and its token rewards. Minds plans to replace the current mobile messenger with a new version that offers group chats, file sharing, end-to-end encryption, federation, and more.

“We will be releasing a full report on our plan for fully censorship-resistant infrastructure,” Ottman wrote.

Ottman suggested that Minds was targeted by Google over “controversial speech” and that apps where most of the user-generated posts are encrypted and there is little public content are allowed to remain on the app stores.

While the Minds team aren’t happy with the current solution, Ottman noted the importance of alternative apps maintaining access to Apple and Google’s app stores which are responsible for almost all app installs on user devices:

“It is key to maintain access to the stores because hundreds of thousands of current users are currently installed there. We recommend everyone download from us. If you are on Apple, leave if you’re smart.”
Android users can download the full version of the mobile app directly from Minds here.

Top Bottom