The Attack on Parler

Austin_F

BAMF+
I've known about it for a long time, luckystrike talks about it too.

Just thought I'd mention it after gar's post.

TR3B

Old but forgotten
First they silence you, then they come for you....

Do you guys remember Jade Helm that everyone was worried about way back when? The exercise was basically what's happening right now. If you lock everyone in an area down and cut off communications it would be possible to collect weapons and extract groups of people without a fight.

Right now if the internet and phones go down and by the time they come back on a few days later every gun shop and range could be closed and raided, every gun owner they know would be a problem could be gone, veterans, the III%-ers etc - poof. If you can't call, can't post, can't email and the news won't report it - they can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want to you.

And thanks to Jade Helm they've had a bunch of practice. This smells heavily of that.

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
The big tech companies are kissing the new administrations ass. Most likely to avoid anti trust problems and avoid being broken up.

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
It's probably to late. Apple devices have a permission to delete app in settings. I dont use Apple phones But I do have a few IPads AirPads in the house and I turned off those permissions because I suspected they would pull it off peoples devices as they took it out of their store. I still have the app. I have some sites that have the Android version you can download. This is so fucked up event the guy's lawyers bailed on him. Fucking Cunts.

nickslick

BAMF
i watched the above video with interest.

the only thing that is flawed in his logic is that once the protestors starting posting illegal insurrection plans, the website became unlike its competitors, illegal.
the site was shut down because of illegal content, although as a result, the freedom of speech of the people that made Parlor illegal, were silenced.

let me ask you a question. be honest with me... if Parlor had removed ONLY the illegal post, and stayed within the bounds of US Law, would they still be up. I think the answer is yes.

Regarding freedom of speech, aside from this one instance, and for so long as your site does not post illegal content, anybody could use or make an internet community with no impedance.

I used to have 90 servers at rackspace. Once you sign a contract with a service provider, They CAN NOT end service unless you break the TOS or you dont pay.

• Red
Reactions: Red
They CAN NOT end service unless you break the TOS or you dont pay.
And at the end of the day, it's all about what affects their bottom line. Drawing negative attention to your site, people are going to wonder who is getting paid to host that garbage.

You start fucking with their money, you'll be gone in a flash.

Capitalism.

Brokenfly

HOLYBAMF
that sound that people are making during first part of pink floyd's welcome to the machine is what we the people sound like to uncle sam.
noisy chatter but can be changed to gasps pretty easy.

The big tech companies are kissing the new administrations ass. Most likely to avoid anti trust problems and avoid being broken up.
The FTC voted 3-2 to sue Facebook last month because they were doing shit to squash the competition and gain an unfair advantage in the marketplace. There were 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats. Both of the Democrats and 1 Republican voted to sue Facebook.

The other 2 Republicans voted not to. Interesting, eh?

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
My wife read somewhere that an ISP in in Idaho has blocked Facebook and Twitter. I hope more follow suit.

The company said Monday it decided to block Facebook and Twitter for customers who request that starting next Wednesday after the company received several calls from customers about both websites.

The company said Monday it decided to block Facebook and Twitter for customers who request that starting next Wednesday after the company received several calls from customers about both websites.
Great customer service I guess, will they find ways around the requested block when they start having withdrawels?

LuxPride

BAMF
And at the end of the day, it's all about what affects their bottom line. Drawing negative attention to your site, people are going to wonder who is getting paid to host that garbage.

You start fucking with their money, you'll be gone in a flash.

Capitalism.
Ummmm. .gov just funneled hundreds of billions of our bailout cash into 'ol Jeff's and pals pockets over the last year by keeping us inside online shopping and consuming media.
What do you think .gov is getting in return for their funnel to big tech? Whatever the fuck they want until Jeff and Zuck finally shows us that they bought our government with our own money.

Capitalism.

Ummmm. .gov just funneled hundreds of billions of our bailout cash into 'ol Jeff's and pals pockets over the last year by keeping us inside online shopping and consuming media.
What do you think .gov is getting in return for their funnel to big tech? Whatever the fuck they want until Jeff and Zuck finally shows us that they bought our government with our own money.

Capitalism.
lol

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
They CAN NOT end service unless you break the TOS or you dont pay.
but who is interpreting the TOS? you or them...

WikiLeaks lashed out at Amazon on Friday for kicking the whistleblower website off its servers, accusing the US company of lying and being "cowardly."

The accusations came after Amazon broke days of silence and provided its first explanation for its decision to no longer provide Web-hosting services to WikiLeaks.org.

Amazon Web Services, in a statement on its website, said it cut off WikiLeaks because it had violated the company's terms of service
days of silence - while they scramble with their legal teams to find a plausible excuse

AMAZON TOS

11.2. Applications and Content. You represent and warrant: [...] (iii) that Your Content (a) does not violate, misappropriates or infringes any rights of us or any third party, (b) does not constitutes defamation, invasion of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violates any rights of any third party, or (c) is not designed for use in any illegal activity or to promote illegal activities, including, without limitation, use in a manner that might be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious, illegal or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;

Is posting the truth about govt spooks a violation of any of that? Arguably NO!

WikiLeaks website pulled by Amazon after US political pressure
The company announced it was cutting WikiLeaks off yesterday only 24 hours after being contacted by the staff of Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate's committee on homeland security.

The world’s biggest cloud provider only makes public geographic regions where its server farms are located, but never the specific cities, let alone street addresses. Its biggest competitors, the likes of Microsoft Azure, IBM, and Google Cloud, practice the same.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

Parler sues Amazon for yanking account following US Capitol siege

Parler LLC, a social networking service favoured by many supporters of United States President Donald Trump, sued Amazon.com Inc on Monday, accusing its internet hosting service of making an illegal, politically motivated decision to shut down its account.

Parler said Amazon Web Services shut down its account on Sunday night despite making no threats to suspend Twitter Inc, where it said one of the top-trending tweets on Friday night had been “Hang Mike Pence,” a reference to the US vice president.

This is going to be the biggest TOS interpretation battle in US history

nickslick

BAMF
TOS is a legally binding contract between a company and a user. Like ANY other contract, if both parties agree to it, and later if a breech occurs in the contract, either party has a right to go to court and fight it out. that is the American way. The courts will decide. And you all know what they will decide.

I predict, and I am 99% sure I am right, but parlor will get their asses handed to them in court.

2xdr0lnaata61.jpg

The sad part is, Im republican, and I have to look to my left and right and am dumbfounded that some of my "colleagues" genuinely hoped that a coup of our government succeeded.

Austin_F

BAMF+
FB has blocked Ron Paul off from his own page for 'repeatedly going against our Community Standards, you're temporarily blocked from creating new Pages and...'
Wait, kindly old libertarian gentleman Ron Paul? What did he say to upset them?

If theyre going after dr paul they are going after anyone.

I wonder if any liberals have finally begun to understand the problem with all this.

Like I said earlier, even the ultra liberal ACLU is against this level of censorship but we have people on this board who still don't get it.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Signal Messenger Eavesdropping Exploit Confirmed—What You Need To Know

Natalie Silvanovich, a security engineer who is part of Google's vulnerability research team at Project Zero, has disclosed how a bug in the Android Signal client could let an attacker spy on a user without their knowledge.

Gee thanks Google

Like I said earlier, even the ultra liberal ACLU is against this level of censorship but we have people on this board who still don't get it.
Yep, they warned about the power big tech could wield to silence people. They also demanded the impeachment of Trump for trying to overthrow the election.

We discussed at length the free speech implications of this impeachment process. We concluded that President Trump’s remarks on Jan. 6 can be considered part of a pattern of efforts to upend an election he lost. If a president’s repeated lies, illegal political pressure, and the stoking of a mob to subvert the democratic process are not an abuse of power warranting impeachment, it is difficult to know what would be.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Yep, they warned about the power big tech could wield to silence people. They also demanded the impeachment of Trump for trying to overthrow the election.

We discussed at length the free speech implications of this impeachment process. We concluded that President Trump’s remarks on Jan. 6 can be considered part of a pattern of efforts to upend an election he lost. If a president’s repeated lies, illegal political pressure, and the stoking of a mob to subvert the democratic process are not an abuse of power warranting impeachment, it is difficult to know what would be.

I have no problem with someone demanding impeachment. That's their opinion which everyone is allowed. Unfortunately liberals don't agree, they only want fellow liberals to have a voice.

I still want to know what racist, hateful things Ron paul has been saying that are against facebook policy.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I know you're trolling at this point, but the ACLU, an ultra liberal organization as you describe, has fought the hardest to advance free speech (and government overreach) than anyone else in recent times.
And yet, the same people who normally support the aclu suddenly don't agree.

Would Jack call the ACLU a bunch of rwnj trump supporters over this?

Austin_F

BAMF+
It has to be a wake up call when the owners of big tech have gone so completely off the rails that an ultra liberal group is saying they've gone too far.

I'm looking for the article nomad references that says world leaders are denouncing it as well.

It's so bad, people who hate trump have found themselves in the position of taking his side.

Wow.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
TOS is a legally binding contract between a company and a user. Like ANY other contract, if both parties agree to it, and later if a breech occurs in the contract, either party has a right to go to court and fight it out. that is the American way. The courts will decide. And you all know what they will decide.

I predict, and I am 99% sure I am right, but parlor will get their asses handed to them in court.

View attachment 52410

View attachment 52409

The sad part is, Im republican, and I have to look to my left and right and am dumbfounded that some of my "colleagues" genuinely hoped that a coup of our government succeeded.
You are republican maybe in your own confused head.

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
The FTC voted 3-2 to sue Facebook last month because they were doing shit to squash the competition and gain an unfair advantage in the marketplace. There were 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats. Both of the Democrats and 1 Republican voted to sue Facebook.
The other 2 Republicans voted not to. Interesting, eh?
That's called a RINO- You libs are well versed in political theater, it amazes me that CNN has to show you how to think.
So ask yourself great wise anus, what has changed since then?

Top Bottom