Thai Driver of the Day

I was wondering the same thing crossing the George Washington Br. a few weeks ago.

"I wonder how far I could get on one of these half finished ramps".

Thanks to this intrepid fellow, pretty far it seems.

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
You'd think the rebar beating the shit out of the truck would have caused him to abandon the attempt earlier, but nope...:lol:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Looks like he tried to drive saddling the opening driving between the rebars

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
And there was probably room to do that (especially at the entrance), but he drove over at least two significantly narrow gaps that caused him to hit dozens of protruding bars- if you look at the 4th pic, he couldn't even gat a full tire on solid footing without scraping bars.:lol:

The odds of him being completely fucked up on alcohol or 'yaba' (the local version of meth) are near 100%- DUI is the national sport here.

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Not Thai or even road-related, but my FB feed is fucking killing it today (I realize this counts as animal abuse, but the chimp looks pretty chill):

rumble phish

BAMF+
And a genius on two wheels:

I recall a similar stunt pulled by one of our very own OG's. 'Cept he ended up getting a parked vehicle and spent a good deal of time in a hospital. Everyone seemed ready to pat him on the back for that one.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Not Thai or even road-related, but my FB feed is fucking killing it today (I realize this counts as animal abuse, but the chimp looks pretty chill):

It's funny until that chimp "chimps out" and proceeds to tear your face off of your head...

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I recall a similar stunt pulled by one of our very own OG's. 'Cept he ended up getting a parked vehicle and spent a good deal of time in a hospital. Everyone seemed ready to pat him on the back for that one.
I don't remember any 'pats on the back' for that particular OG (whom many of us here- including me- know personally)- we were mostly just concerned for his well-being and were glad he recovered, and offered words of encouragement toward that end while he was in the hospital.

Not too many people get 'attaboys' for crashing, and it should go without saying that that wasn't his finest hour on two wheels.

CID

BAMF+
The mud wheelie was just good ol country fun and nothing too stupid. The OG wheelie as compared was epic tv show video fail play for years if not forever. Not even in the same ballpark.

Z

BAMF+
Dey need,,,, ta impale him, on da longest,,,,,,,,,,,,, rebar,,, :up:

n' leave him fer a few weeks,, :wink2:

in da sun,,, as n' example,, :yahoo:

ta alla da udder,,,,,,,,,, morons. :dirtypete:

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
all that steel sticking up without caps... times it by $10,000 per bar and thats what OSHA would be fining the builder...lol.
And I would bet an enterprising US litigation attorney would love the opportunity to milk that sites insurance for allowing that much distance to be traveled...lol

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I knew a good man who died on rebar like that...

...he took a spill climbing down off a machine...

...he lent me a BAR once...I missed a big buck with it...

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
all that steel sticking up without caps... times it by $10,000 per bar and thats what OSHA would be fining the builder...lol.
And I would bet an enterprising US litigation attorney would love the opportunity to milk that sites insurance for allowing that much distance to be traveled...lol
It's not exactly a 'nanny state' over here. A Canadian guy was killed at a local zip-line facility last month (he was a fat fuck who greatly exceeded the weight limit for their equipment but they let him go anyway, and he plunged to his death- to be fair, there were likely some contributing factors other than his bulk, like poorly-maintained or improperly-used gear)- his family will get the 1mil baht (~$31K) company insurance payout and that's it.

ZX11 Man

BAMF
I wonder if the fucking Farmers insurance guy has seen THAT before.. He is pretty smug about everything else they cover on those irritating commercials..

busa10

BAMF
Brian... are you still living there? It's impressive if you are and it makes me wonder what the attraction is. I remember reading about your beach resort and then having a house built. That's been a few years.

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Brian... are you still living there? It's impressive if you are and it makes me wonder what the attraction is. I remember reading about your beach resort and then having a house built. That's been a few years.
I'm up north now- I like the city, and the pace of life, and it's a good place for my daughter to grow up (and I'm very happy with her bilingual school). The roads are amazing on a bike once you get about 15 minutes out of town- hardly any traffic and no police issues. I'm gonna hit 18 years here in August.

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I would love to travel to,see,maui and Brian.
I'm pretty boring these days- you shoulda come down 15 years ago- the girls would have gone absolutely nuts over you (they still would now, but not to the same degree:razz:).

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The guy laying down, what's his problem? Looks a bit banged up, probably no seatbelt, but nothing in the scene suggests he was badly fukked up.

OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
He's got a pretty good knot on his forehead- probably dazed (and likely drunk).

Top Bottom