Tesla tanking ?

CID

What.... is the glam factor starting to wear out in Silicon Valley? Say it isn't so.

They are the google of energy and transportation, but Tesla's been one of the biggest business bubble's of the 21st century and it's only a matter of time before it pops. Why? -- The fucking nutcase at the helm. He's Howard Hughes reincarnated.

And speaking of bubble stocks.... Netflix is another dump that's coming right behind Tesla. Disney's getting ready to put the dick into them and they ain't even gonna use lube.

Last edited:

CID

... but i still like the guy... Kooky people are usually OK with me...

ThinkingOutsideTheBox@161
I think as a person he'd be cool to hang out with. From an entrepreneur viewpoint, he's a god among men. But, looking in, as a group investor, he scares the living shit out of me. He's a guy that would have the dumb worker invest an entire life savings into the company they work at then leave them high and dry at a drop of the hat --- Enron style.

I know that there are "Fans" of Musk but unfortunately he will go down as a "visionary" but also an "incompetent business man" and that is being charitable when the dust and curtain finally comes down on Tesla and it is inevitable as has been pointed out if detail in other threads.

As always it boils down to this. "Figures Do Not Lie But Liars Do Figure'.. When the post mortem is performed on Tesla I have no doubt that there will be some people who will be investigated by the SEC and may not be happy with the findings. Social media, Snowflakes, overly exuberant media and the snake oil salesman himself are what has kept this going as long as it has. As reality continues to set in with all of the factors mentioned in previous threads the conclusion is unescapable.

What will be interesting is as the day of reckoning gets closer and closer there will be more and more of the Tesla Leadership Team exiting the company and my prediction is that Musk will go more or less silent and the spotlight of accountability turned directly on him. He cannot stand that and will not be nearly as visible to the public. The press conferences will become shorter and more terse with the nature of the questions being asked.

zoldar

BAM
I hope they succeed and I'm surprised the other car makers haven't taken advantage of Tesla's open source technology.

Girlfriend owns a 2015 S85D (much nicer interior and better display than the Model 3 imo). It's a freaking blast to drive and makes a great roadtrip car. Gets off the line and handles very well for a 4800lb+ vehicle. Plus we can play video games at the supercharger :biggrin:

IMG_0402.JPG

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I hope they succeed and I'm surprised the other car makers haven't taken advantage of Tesla's open source technology.

Girlfriend owns a 2015 S85D (much nicer interior and better display than the Model 3 imo). It's a freaking blast to drive and makes a great roadtrip car. Gets off the line and handles very well for a 4800lb+ vehicle. Plus we can play video games at the supercharger :biggrin:
Interesting

I've seen more than a few youtubes of Model S owners bitching about how their cars feel dated compared to Model 3 interiors

If I needed a car, a Model 3 Performance is the only thing I'd consider

pimpslayer

BAMF+

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Jebus...:roll:

" Inefficiencies and waste led to Musk admitting that the company’s Hail-Mary $35,000 Model 3—the car that Musk promised would start the electric revolution for average consumers—cost the company $38,000 just to produce. As such, in the last six months to a year, Tesla has hemorrhaged cash. "
And this is remarkable...how? Amazon was running negative cash flow for nearly 20 years before turning a profit

Christ, wouldn't be surprised if half the listings on the NASDAQ are running negative EPS

And this is remarkable...how? Amazon was running negative cash flow for nearly 20 years before turning a profit

Christ, wouldn't be surprised if half the listings on the NASDAQ are running negative EPS
Well there is a difference in the complexity, supply chain, logistical support required, regulatory issues, long term support of a automotive manufacturing company vs a logistical distribution hub and to be fair sales as well and expanding in many other areas. Have owned Amazon for almost 5 years now whereas you could not give me Tesla stock, well you could but I would sell it immediately. You need to find a better example that is closer to a like complexity manufacturing model. Tesla is seeing falling demand for it's product which is a killer especially when you lose money every Year on the products not energy credits you sell. Only an idiot would buy a Tesla now with falling used values and long term support in question. No doubt someone will pick up the pieces. The Snowflakes are still holding hope but you have a better chance of seeing God than Tesla coming out of this on it's own.

What is happening with Tesla right now not even the simplest of simpletons cannot help but understand the problems real issue is they do not want to face reality. Emotion kills you when investing.

Last edited:
We shall see

Apple was 90 days away from shuttering before MS/Gates bailed them out

Reading that Musk has a few arrows left in the quiver
LOL that is a funny one!! Musk has no arrows just Fatties----do you know why Apple walked away? They did not want Musk period end of story. Read up on it.

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I see where I could've composed my post better

I wasn't implying Apple was in the hunt, although crazier shit has happened, such as Gates bailing out his nemesis Jobs in '97

I've been reading that Musk can collateralize Tesla with SpaceX, which is valued at north of $30B, or use his own cash, or merge or be bought out

Whatever happens, the march to EV transportation won't be reversed with or without Tesla

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
SpaceX Rockets Were Imperiled by Falsified Reports, Prosecutors Say...the end is coming faster than anticipated

I see where I could've composed my post better

I wasn't implying Apple was in the hunt, although crazier shit has happened, such as Gates bailing out his nemesis Jobs in '97

I've been reading that Musk can collateralize Tesla with SpaceX, which is valued at north of $30B, or use his own cash, or merge or be bought out

Whatever happens, the march to EV transportation won't be reversed with or without Tesla
Understood see the comments by Jonas in ths story on the logic why Amazon, Apple type companies a automaker does not fit for them. Tesla shares set to fall for a seventh straight day as more analysts warn of trouble

OP
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it's those darned analysts that are the problem...

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Would appear that more than just Tesla stock is tanking...LS, your indices are slipping!

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Not invested in stocks, don't care to be. I'd be in Vegas if i wanted to gamble my money on a group of jews running the stock market.
Therefore i could give a fuck who tanks and who doesn't.
Tesla is a hell of a car that I know. Shame if they fold as they are true innovators. Oil companies win again.

Top Bottom