Tesla closing every store...

LE05BUSA

GFY
I'm not aware of any government loans. Tesla has raised funds in the open market by increasing the share float and issuing bonds AFAIK
You are correct in the loan status, currently.

However, the total subsidy load is around $700B/qtr.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
You are correct in the loan status, currently.

What does 'subsidy load' mean? Is that the incentive governments pay to buyers?

I thought that applies only to the first 250k or so cars per EV manufacturer after which it evaporates, which in the case of Tesla they blew past a couple of months ago.

I saw Musk tweets late last year to the effect of 'get your Model ? before mm/dd/yyyy before the subsidy EOL

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Ah here we go

I follow just about every Tesla short there is on twitter, and there are a lot of them

I've seen it all

To be one of them you should start calling Musk 'subsidy fraud boy'

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Just imagine the fire suppression systems they must have at Tesla stores. The employees probably all wear asbestos underwear.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Subsidies are part of the American government way of doing business... agriculture is the largest recepiant of subsidies as far as my minimal research has shown. Historically, all the auto manufacturers have dipped into the subsidy funds...

General Motors | Subsidy Tracker
Ford Motor | Subsidy Tracker

Are you suspecting that Tesla will fail once subsidies dry up? They've met the 200K units sold maximum, so this year will tell.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Tesla should change the name of that model to 'P1nto'.
Except the Pinto had to be rear-ended to split the tank and erupt in flames.

The Tesla just has to be...parked...before it self immolates.

Maybe they could call it "The Monk" after the Buddhist monks who burned themselves up in the '60s and '70s to demonstrate against the Vietnam War.

Subsidies are part of the American government way of doing business... agriculture is the largest recepiant of subsidies as far as my minimal research has shown. Historically, all the auto manufacturers have dipped into the subsidy funds...

General Motors | Subsidy Tracker
Ford Motor | Subsidy Tracker

Are you suspecting that Tesla will fail once subsidies dry up? They've met the 200K units sold maximum, so this year will tell.
Tesla has so many problems as I have detailed before this is just a small part of it. Competition, logistical support not to mention an unhinged "whack" that hurts the investors who are starting to take notice today 258 a share will be their ultimate undoing. Fanboys and Snowflakes do not look at the hard reality of what the future brings in an industry that Tesla does not have a sustainable competitive advantage as they say in fact, they are at a disadvantage compared to the competition being established this year and especially next year. This is what we are seeing right now no matter what Musk parades around like a prize hog at the fair as his next innovation. Figures do not lie but liars do figure.

There will be much more that comes out on the inventory issues as well as the unprofitability of the manufacturing methodology Tesla uses. Just be patient and give it time.

Last edited:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Blah blah blah who cares. Tesla is a great car great concept. It ll spank just about anything on the road and its a 4 door sedan. Who gives a fuck what you think there Debbie downer?!

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
Fanboys and Snowflakes do not look at the hard reality of what the future brings in an industry that Tesla does not have a sustainable competitive advantage as they say in fact, they are at a disadvantage compared to the competition being established this year and especially next year. This is what we are seeing right now no matter what Musk parades around like a prize hog at the fair as his next innovation. Figures do not lie but liars do figure.
Are you paying attention, luckypoof?

OP
OP

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
I can't see Tesla failing. They are the world leaders in what is seen as the way forward for transport. All other manufacturers have been forced to react to their success and market share on EV. I also can't understand some American's negative attitude towards Tesla and Musk. Some seem to forget, or choose to downright ignore, that Tesla is an American company. He's red white and blue through and through for fuck's sakes. What he has achieved in his lifetime is pretty amazing. If he only revolutionises the car industry and the space industry it's more than 99.9999% (approx) have achieved for humanity in the last 50 years.

Tesla fucking rocks whether you like it or not and it is an American success story that you all should be proud of and the rest of world is envious of.

Fuck the haters... :fu:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Yea well... If Dave says he sucks... I'll go by his word.
You know anyone else with his own smith his own highly modified z06 his own knife that ll cut thru any knife... Etc etc etc

Amirite?
Trust him, Tesla is done

Blah blah blah who cares. Tesla is a great car great concept. It ll spank just about anything on the road and its a 4 door sedan. Who gives a fuck what you think there Debbie downer?!
I can't see Tesla failing. They are the world leaders in what is seen as the way forward for transport. All other manufacturers have been forced to react to their success and market share on EV. I also can't understand some American's negative attitude towards Tesla and Musk. Some seem to forget, or choose to downright ignore, that Tesla is an American company. He's red white and blue through and through for fuck's sakes. What he has achieved in his lifetime is pretty amazing. If he only revolutionises the car industry and the space industry it's more than 99.9999% (approx) have achieved for humanity in the last 50 years.

Tesla fucking rocks whether you like it or not and it is an American success story that you all should be proud of and the rest of world is envious of.

Fuck the haters... :fu:
Well emotion and naiveté does not serve one well when investing and that is a stone cold fact. Not good news this morning for Tesla and the wait until the next quarter story from Musk is getting old. They are going to have to raise more capital and that will be more expensive because they will have to pay higher rates. Some of us make money investing, others lose money and others do not even have the money to invest. Not a emotional thing for some of us as a fool and their money are soon parted.

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price, Quote, History & News

Tesla posts loss, Model 3 faces hiccups

Numbers do not lie sometimes and even emotional fanboys have to face the facts. Time is not on Tesla's side bottom line.....

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Funny how people are so keen to jump up and down on Tesla and wish them to fucking die yet dinosaur GM got all the help in the world to keep rolling. Maybe if Tesla had the power of the oil industry backing them the government would be shovelling money into their company faster than it can be printed...

Funny how people are so keen to jump up and down on Tesla and wish them to fucking die yet dinosaur GM got all the help in the world to keep rolling. Maybe if Tesla had the power of the oil industry backing them the government would be shovelling money into their company faster than it can be printed...
Down to 251 this am. Could care less if they make it because one of the big boys will be buying the picked through assets of Tesla for a song when it is all said and done. Just wait for the competition to field tested and sustainable products that have the proper logistical support for the long term. A lot of this is about infrastructure and how the company is organized. Time is proving this out. Tesla was doomed to fail from the start because of poor planning no matter what spin one chooses to put on it. They were first to market and caused quite a bit of excitement now the financial reality of poor planning, financial management and a suspect supply chain is setting in.

Nothing emotional about it.... Tesla stockholders will be paying the ultimate price......

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Tesla stockholders will be paying the ultimate price......
Only if they are/were dumbasses. If TSLA flat-lined today, I would still be ecstatic about my investments in the company. In fact, I have a buy sitting in place now for $250. I hope it hits, so I can sell the shares in 2 months for $350.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy

Bingo

Only if they are/were dumbasses. If TSLA flat-lined today, I would still be ecstatic about my investments in the company. In fact, I have a buy sitting in place now for $250. I hope it hits, so I can sell the shares in 2 months for $350.
Well you filled easy went to 248 and change.

Last edited:
Interesting bit of comment there. The one thing that was not addressed and it is very significant is ambient temperature. The extreme cold snap this winter in the northern part of the country left a lot of electric vehicle owners out in the cold if you will. Run times shortened in some cases by over 50% because at 10 to 20 below you have to have a heater and with no engine energy has to come from somewhere.....

This articles discusses the problem in general.

Tesla Owners Complain of Cold Weather Affecting Cars | Breitbart
Tesla, Jaguar and Nissan EVs lose power in cold temps. Polar vortex left electric car owners in cold

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I bought my ZX-14R without ever even seeing one in person.

Sales falling almost 60% this quarter could be concerning ...
What is concerning is the number of people who are now no longer considering a Tesla because of long term viability. As stated above $350.00 in 2 months--you have a better chance in seeing God. Another bad day Friday for Musk. Now that he has a muzzle/gag on his "Tweeter" we will not be seeing so much from him after the SEC agreement. Been out of town for a couple of days and just now been reading about the latest developments. Not good for shareholders. Dameon hopefully has a stop loss in on this latest trade.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Mega-tesla bull

Ark Invest chief Catherine Wood is holding firm on her thesis on Tesla — which she believes could run to $4,000 a share or higher — telling CNBC’s “ETF Edge” on Monday that her conviction in the company has actually increased since last year.
“It is our largest position ... and our conviction has increased in the last year or so,” said Wood, who is founder, CEO and chief investment officer at Ark. “It’s down about 29% this year. And it’s always been our largest position this year, and yet our fund is up 28%.”

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
LS versus Busa1Dave!! Both complete LAB's unknowns. Both entirely anonymous. But for the cyber bullshit where they perform here, this could be some good sparring! Haa!

Last edited:

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Well 228 today. Everything I said before is still valid and happening right on schedule however, may want to accelerate my death date a little. Looks like bad news all around today 5-17 $211 and change hope people had a stop loss in.. Even the Hard Core Musk Fan Boys have to see it now.
I try to ignore Elon's ramblings and tweets, except when they could affect stock prices.

Still happy with the product and still happy with what I've pulled out of the shorts. How is $211 a share a problem for me? It isn't. I have a buy bid at $200.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I was bullish on Tesla a few years ago behind believing in their technology like LS but I would have moved out by now...

...I can see where a sharp day trader could make a buk...

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
What are your thoughts on Tesla long(er) term?
That's the million dollar question (quite literally for some people).

Elon is an idea guy. I suspect he has ADHD. The company itself has tremendous value in R&D, technology and infrastructure. SpaceX and Tesla Energy (I think) are separate companies and are likely healthy. Tesla has several encouraging products just entering, or about the enter, the market... Model Y, pickup, roadster. The Model Y should have come sooner as it will likely be their best seller, especially in today's market. People just adore the small SUV segment. A majority of the pickups I see around my area are lifestyle trucks. Never go further than 100 miles from home, so that's a good fit for the truck. The adoption of the semi is pretty strong if they can get it to market.

As with Tesla, there's a lot of products "in the wings", which arguably could be a negative trait. The EV landscape is changing rapidly. I would expect Tesla is more agile and innovative than the big 3 and should do well in a push to EV as mainstream product. The pundits are comparing current Tesla to Netflix 2011 before their meteoric rise to be one of the stocks of the decade. I keep a bundle of TSLA in case that happens.

Above all this, I would expect someone to snatch up Tesla in the event they go out for takeover bids. I expect VW Group to be a likely buyer. The rumors are always Apple, but that seems unlikely. I hope is that it's a 1-to-1 stock purchase and my shares transfer.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
While I really like Musk, my big issue is that Tesla cannot survive without government incentives and loans.
You mean like GM? And Chrysler before that? And what, the perpetual oil wars aren't a subsidy?

Somebody made a much better post than I could about how government subsidies are a way of business life...

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Some good news coming out of TSLA lately driving a new ramp in the stock

Forecasting of a 400 mile range car
Demand is much stronger than thought, production #'s rising
Competition is lagging
TSLA getting into the insurance business pending an acquisition

Bet against TSLA at your perile

Top Bottom