Tesla closing every store...

The Con mans time is running short. Operating capitol is just about gone, demand has slowed AND the fool taunts the SEC. Got to feel sorry well, not really for the shareholders. As stated previously on other threads as real competition comes out with superior product if for nothing else having a servicing dealer network and his initial product begins to age and require repair and replacement from non existent logistical support --- not good. Consumer Reports is the latest to withdraw recommendation for part of his product line.

No matter who the BOD brings in he or she will not be able to control Musk and his Twitter Account. Ultimately the SEC will be doing it. :)

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
if for nothing else having a servicing dealer network
Tesla has an extensive service network, I just don't have to drive anywhere to utilize it. My service Ranger was just at my house this week to investigate an odd thunk noise when steering just off center. Ended up being a slightly loose lower ball joint nut on the drivers side front. No charge, no deductible, no fuss. I can't say the same for service on my Escalade and Z06. A hassle EVERY time.

No matter who the BOD brings in he or she will not be able to control Musk and his Twitter Account. Ultimately the SEC will be doing it. :)
I wish someone would. Twitter allows people to hang themselves WAY too easy. It's the proverbial rope...

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Smart move to close their dealer network. People buying in this category don't really go to a retail outlet to kick the tires, they've already made up their mind. The retail outlets were probably adding next to nothing revenue.

+ it's another step in the eventual commoditization of the automobile.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
The retail outlets were probably adding next to nothing revenue.
Likely used Marketing dollars to fund the stores... that's what they were meant to do: bring the Tesla name to the masses. Goal accomplished. No longer needed.

it's another step in the eventual commoditization of the automobile.
I would hope people realize this trend. The big auto manufacturers have seen the writing for years. It's obvious in the legislation they've spent billions to put in place to insure their collective monopoly. It was meant to keep the "little" guy out of their faces. Tesla manages to succeed despite the limiting legislation. More will follow and it likely won't be the big 3 any time soon. Shame.

Time will tell. The end of the year will be a good gauge of what the direction is as more competition hits the streets. Market does not like what they are hearing and seeing from the Twitter account of Musk. Down about 24 right now.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Seems counter intuitive to not have a dealer network at least in major cities... Maybe when they "turn a profit" they can compete at the brick and mortar level..

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Most business schools teach the Porter framework...a business strategy is rooted in one of 3 strategies: cost leadership, differentiation, and focus

Luxury brands and brands like Apple are in the third category...very few product lines and low volume that target a high net worth rabidly loyal customer base to go after high margins.

This is where Tesla is. You don't need retail stores when you only have 3 product lines.

Brands like Wal-Mart are rooted in cost leadership = high volume and razor thin margins. I expect the EV segment to end up here.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I find it amazing the number of people who root against this American company employing thousands of American citizens. Not sure what the fuck everyone is afraid of.
old people are mired in their 'gotta have a Ford' or GM mindset.

Anal Disco

BAMF
I find it amazing the number of people who root against this American company employing thousands of American citizens. Not sure what the fuck everyone is afraid of.
People associate electric vehicles with green energy, climate change, and liberal politics.

I'm not even kidding.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
True to an extent. I think there is a big contingent where the prospect of never having to go to another gas station really appeals to them.

I'm in that group.

The 'green energy' aspect is remotely secondary to me + if you live in a region where electric power generation is mostly derived from burning coal, you're kidding yourself if buying into the carbon footprint reduction angle.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I'm,rooting for musk, I think his inability to produce a wider variety of vehicle models, lightweight truck, smaller cars etc... Is what's huting his business. He is however trying to bring the tesla to the masses... With the 3... I hope he succeeds and can make an affordable truck. Id buy a nice small lightweight electric with savings... My little ford ranger only has 100 grand left to go,😢

LOL and fleecing investors and ultimately the employees because of the nut job who cannot control his mouth or twitter account just as a small example. Time will prove this correct because a business can only operate so long without sufficient operating capital. American citizens you say---where is the new factory located? Why do you think there is constant turn over of senior leadership. If this company has no serious issues then these people are leaving a lot of money on the table and that is the name of the game. Not going to repeat what has been typed out previously but things do not look good for the con man. Big bond payment due COB today which is going to have consequences by the end of the year as mention above.

You've been drinking the tesla short seller kool-aide
We shall see. So far everything is falling in line. When the big boys come out with their vehicles late this year and next year the market cap of TSLA will wither like some of the old geysers dinkers around here. :) Time for some more Kool-Aide! Cherry for me!

Musk is Dudley and the Lion is the SEC.....

Last edited:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Busa1Goat killer... Don't you claim to have some "good friends" who build electric cars better than Tesla? In fact, don't you claim to have everything better than every other mortal? Knives, guns, cars, goats... List goes on. We all know your friends are the best and you are the coolest Dave. Don't sweat it.

Meanwhile, the streets are full of Teslas..

When money is involved and other compaines are afraid they might lose their edge in the market place they will try to mash the competition into the ground. Tesla and Elon has done more to the Bay area and the future of electric cars, Rocket technology, train system and more for the US.

Money makes people do strange things in business, and political ream.

I wish Tesla well in the future and I can't wait for his electric sports car to come out.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
We shall see. So far everything is falling in line. When the big boys come out with their vehicles late this year and next year the market cap of TSLA will wither like some of the old geysers dinkers around here.
The 'big boys' didn't have an answer to Jobs & Wozniak, Gates & Allen, Bezos

Wozniak was working at HP when he crafted the first Apple. As per the employment terms of most engineers, he was bound to give HP a stab at the rights to his creation. HP thought it was silly. The rest is history.

With few exceptions, the automotive 'big boys' have only come up with promises which are nothing but vaporware. If they fail, it will be because they're looking at Tesla as a car company, which couldn't be further from reality. Tesla is a software company first, an energy company second, and a car company third.

Just like Amazon isn't an online retailor. Amazon is a software company that happens to ply their wares in the online retailing world. That's why the established book and publishing players failed, because when they finally woke up to the Amazon threat, they tried to compete against them as if Amazon was a traditional book retailer. Big mistake.

What the old automotive guard has going for them is that they have the Amazon example as a reference, and there are signs that many are indeed focusing of learning how to write software instead of just 'building a better car'. Building cars is old tech, solved a long time ago. That's not where the EV theatre is today and they better understand that.

As you said, we shall see.

The 'big boys' didn't have an answer to Jobs & Wozniak, Gates & Allen, Bezos

Wozniak was working at HP when he crafted the first Apple. As per the employment terms of most engineers, he was bound to give HP a stab at the rights to his creation. HP thought it was silly. The rest is history.

With few exceptions, the automotive 'big boys' have only come up with promises which are nothing but vaporware. If they fail, it will be because they're looking at Tesla as a car company, which couldn't be further from reality. Tesla is a software company first, an energy company second, and a car company third.

Just like Amazon isn't an online retailor. Amazon is a software company that happens to ply their wares in the online retailing world. That's why the established book and publishing players failed, because when they finally woke up to the Amazon threat, they tried to compete against them as if Amazon was a traditional book retailer. Big mistake.

What the old automotive guard has going for them is that they have the Amazon example as a reference, and there are signs that many are indeed focusing of learning how to write software instead of just 'building a better car'. Building cars is old tech, solved a long time ago. That's not where the EV theatre is today and they better understand that.

As you said, we shall see.
Well it has started. This is the first leg there will be more to follow. As new competition hits the streets there will be some more fallout and some significant changes made to the business model. The way it is now it will fail as previously discussed, no established dealer network and spotty availability of replacement parts being reported for various models the supply chain at Tesla has a long long way to go. Great visionary Musk is but the model he created in the manufacturing/logistical support environment is not sustainable. Slowly the market and the public is beginning to see the truth. We shall see.

Hapo

Dog Boy
….dive...!!!...dive...!!!...dive...!!!...

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Ford just reported. 24% decline in passenger cars, a segment where the Model 3 plays and also where many brands are hurting.

It's looking like the strategic mistake was that the Model Y should've been their first mass-market vehicle instead of the 3

Trucks and SUVs are doing great, with increases across the board.

All in, Ford sales declined %1.6 year over year.

Not good.

Looking at the broader market, it seems to me a recession this year is pretty certain and that could very well kill Tesla.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
It's looking like the strategic mistake was that the Model Y should've been their first mass-market vehicle instead of the 3
Absolutely agree. Not sure if they were stuck in the same mindset as the S -> X as 3 -> Y. I would hope Tesla was more insightful and agile than that.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
I think there is a big contingent where the prospect of never having to go to another gas station really appeals to them. The 'green energy' aspect is remotely secondary to me.
For me:

1) Performance: Acceleration, Technology and Looks
2) Gas station avoidance - The people, the bums asking for change, the smells, all of it
3) Being green - Pretty low actually as it's a well stated fact that EV's have a questionable carbon footprint compared to ICE.

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
Fuck that, I get 430 miles between fill-ups. On a road trip, I gotta stop to stretch my legs, take a piss, get something to eat. And gassing up my truck in my suburban setting of daily driving short trips hardly bumps the annoyance meter off of zero when I go to refuel.

You electric folks are always, plugging in....stress ensues if you don't. You'll start yelling at your wife for not plugging in. She'll finally decide that you ARE an asshole and she'll divorce you. Fueling up ain't no big deal. I'll run in and piss and buy beer while the truck is being refueled. All in about 5 minutes. Tell me again about the problem with petrol-fueled cars.

Electric cars are a fucking environmental nightmare!

BilletMan

Fuck you, we got hell-shit-TONS of oil right here in Texas! And just where does lithium come from? And rare earth magnetic material? WEAK arguments y'all got.....Haa! How're copper reserves looking?? The whole e-car deal is flawed on several fronts.....

BilletMan

OK, pardon me telling you to get fucked....the e-car deal IS flawed and doesn't solve any problems that affect or annoy me...

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Dave must have a primary electric car maker to work this hard at convincing folks to run from Tesla.

I see them everywhere. Tons and tons of them. Hard to see how he'll go under with such a huge fan base

Dave must have a primary electric car maker to work this hard at convincing folks to run from Tesla.

I see them everywhere. Tons and tons of them. Hard to see how he'll go under with such a huge fan base
Poor guy is not a business man by any stretch, lives in a area that is lucky to have running water and sees Tesla everywhere? Pretty good story but will never get to see the cars here in the US because he is classified as persona non grata! People like him are why the border wall must be built—let them in and bad things happen, taxes are not paid and people get cheated!Lucky you got out before the long arm of the law caught up with you 😊 LOL!

Sorry could not resist!

Story out this am that is reflective of the slowing demand and that in just a couple of quarters will just decimate the stock price a lot more than Musk doing anything on social media. The pent up demand in Europe will be satisfied in a few months with cars coming out made in EU countries in the short term that is not good news for Tesla. They still have a lot of debt to service towards the end of the year.

The Tesla Model 3 News Is Bad -- the Model S and Model X News Is Worse

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Well, even where there's no running water, Tesla is there!
Norway? All you see is Tesla
Fairfield county CT? Wall to wall Tesla
I mean... For someone in trouble selling cars, I don't see where the trouble is, cause Teslas are everywhere.
You obviously know more on this, i'm sure your Primary stocks guy let you in on the secret only he knows.

LOL yes those guys have been on Musk for a while now and the pictures are very telling. I know the fanboys here can see nothing except a 'bright" future but it is anything but that. In the end people will just shake their collective heads and say "I should have known better"..... Emotion has killed many a "fan boy" in the market. Time will prove this out.

SEC steps on Tesla 'reasonable' to prevent problems: commissioner
Tesla Opens a New Quarter With Another Round of Sales Staff Cuts
Tesla Opens a New Quarter With Another Round of Sales Staff Cuts
Tesla (TSLA) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Most business schools teach the Porter framework...a business strategy is rooted in one of 3 strategies: cost leadership, differentiation, and focus

Luxury brands and brands like Apple are in the third category...very few product lines and low volume that target a high net worth rabidly loyal customer base to go after high margins.

This is where Tesla is. You don't need retail stores when you only have 3 product lines.

Brands like Wal-Mart are rooted in cost leadership = high volume and razor thin margins. I expect the EV segment to end up here.
3 lines? Do you mean cars, solar panels, and storage batteries? Or the Model X, Model S, Model 3, Roadster, Model Y, and the Semi (zero to 60 in 20seconds with an 80k load! And 0-60 in 5 seconds empty)

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Been watching that. TSLA off 3.85% on the day.

I have such little trust in China that I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't staged as a form of competitive sabotage given that China's efforts in the EV space is floundering + Musk moving into to build his cars on the mainland.

LE05BUSA

GFY
While I really like Musk, my big issue is that Tesla cannot survive without government incentives and loans.

Top Bottom