TENS Unit.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
So I shit you not, I was cleaning a toilet this morning at 9:30 AM, hd the brush in my hand, bent over to do a spectacular job, and WTF! Fucked up BAD!
Just fucking great, three day weekend and I have a Valkyrie on my lift with the forks off of it, a lawn that needs to be mowed and a vinyl floor that needs to be put down!
So I picked up a Omron unit tonight. I'll see how it goes.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
A TENS unit for throwing out your back?
It's meant for light pain relief, not fixing anything.
You should be concentrating on taking anti-inflammatories and alternating hot/cold packs to reduce swelling.

Then the TENS would be cherry on the top to make you think you feel better.
Speaking of which, I've bought like four different ones from Amazon.
They all sucked.
I keep going back to the larger, bulky one that my pain mgmt doc gave me about ten years ago.
Rs Medical RS-TENS the make/model.
You can find them on eBay for as low as $15 if you're willing to wait a couple weeks for one to show up.
It's heavy duty. Blows the rest out of the water.

Anonymous Elvis 13

Anonymous Lurker Poop
I have a Tens 7000 and rely on it for the degenerative disc issues with my 9 fused vertabrae that strain my lower back muscles regularly.

Combined with aspirin. No more narcotics here.

Sent from my REVVL 2 using Tapatalk

BilletMan

BAMF+
Deep tissue massage hurts like hell but is highly effective if you have a good massage therapist....back when I was running long and fast, the massage therapy was part of the whole deal....you'll be amazed at the stuff a good therapist can find/fix...

BilletMan

BAMF+
Nah, quite a lot of standard deep tissue massages by a petite blond with big tits and highly attractive...painful enough that there was never a problem with arousal.....it's a service often used by muscular, fit, healthy people who have exercise as part of their daily regimen....there's no way you could possibly understand this...

CZLoco

I'd run it at a pretty high power level, which worked great until one of the leads would come off the adhesive pad and short out on my back. Instant back spasms!
That happened to me once while I was driving.
I mean, they warned me not to use it while driving.
Sure enough that little adhesive pad got twisted up somehow and the electrode got me directly.
I say faaaack.
It's amazing I was mostly able to keep the 4runner under control while wrestling to get the stupid TENS unit turned off.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Yeah, fucker has already lit my finger up when it came unplugged.
So I've had it cooking for the last three or more hours. I dunno if it has helped or not. It hasn't gotten worse.

CZLoco

Yeah, fucker has already lit my finger up when it came unplugged.
So I've had it cooking for the last three or more hours. I dunno if it has helped or not. It hasn't gotten worse.
Be careful not to use it too long at too high a setting.
I've done that with my upper back and then woke up the next morning with pissed off back muscles.

In all seriousness, I've had major back issues too. The chiro I was going to had a battery powered zinger he would put on my lower back. He had it as high as it would go on me and I asked if it was on.

He bought a 110v one. I did not crack wise with that one. About halfway was enough.

HG

I’m here for the entertainment
Start popping the NSAIDs and ice pack for 10 minutes in intervals.

BigGar

high on placebo
I think an inversion table is excellent therapy when you "throw out" your back. Seems to put you in good traction and allow those nerves some room and things to get back into alignment. My brother was in the orthopedics business when those tens units first came out. We had all manner of fun with those fuckers. He put it on my temples once, while I was driving. It could have ended badly, but if most of us hadn't already survived a lot of poor decisions, we wouldn't be reading shit here either.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Taking care of your back is a lifestyle change.

If I have to bend over to pick something up off the floor, I take a second to square up before leaning over to get it and I don't rush. If there is a table nearby I use one hand on the table. This has virtually eliminated throwing my back out.

The rest I took care of by wearing a back brace for a few months and gradually wearing it less and less. L3 liked to move around before I wore the brace which apparently gave it time to stay in it's proper position.

I don't twist my torso anymore except as a light stretch. Like pull starting the mower, I make sure to keep my back and hips lined up and do all the pulling with the arm.

I learned that one after throwing my back out starting the mower :)

As long as I remember these things, I am more pain free getting out of bed at 49 than I have been for 10 years. That's the other one my osteo told me. Use your arm against the bed to push yourself up then swing your legs over the bed.

If I have to lift something heavy like a sofa I do a sumo wrestler impression to get ready. So far so good.

Doing 3 sets of squats with light weight twice a week was extremely beneficial to strengthening my core and my knees.

BarryW

BAM
These "foundation" stretching routines work surprisingly well for me even during the spasm episodes:

chuck356

BAMF
I was always that lifting something I shouldn't, and there was always an old guy telling me "you shouldn't be lifting that by yourself, you will pay for that when you older". Now I am that old guy. Used to pick up a Z1/KZ00/KZ1000 engine (225lbs), put it against my chest and waddle it to the other side of the room and put it on a bench.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

I was always that lifting something I shouldn't, and there was always an old guy telling me "you shouldn't be lifting that by yourself, you will pay for that when you older". Now I am that old guy. Used to pick up a Z1/KZ00/KZ1000 engine (225lbs), put it against my chest and waddle it to the other side of the room and put it on a bench.
Yep. In my youth, I used to work on car and trucks at a Chevy Dealership. I'd be bent over under a hood jerking the heads off and stuff. Used to swap VW engines out without a jack, just unbolt them and pull them out. And then there was a decent number of high speed motorcycle crashes.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I gave mind up for an Elevens.

I can't be arsed to use the fucking thing until they come up with an adhesive that keeps the patches attached and connectors that don't pull loose.
If I want electro-shock therapy, I'll stick my finger in a light socket.

Top Bottom