Tell me why I should or why I shouldn't buy this?

OP
Stites

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
$750 for forks?? I do my own suspension stuff, no biggie....lace up a fresh rim, no biggie....maybe wheel bearings and swing arm...take apart and carefully inspect....ain't like the stuff moves fast or moves much...it's fun to refurb a bike...either way, have fun!

I might say fuck the world and buy and X and keep the old steel frame and rebuild it

BilletMan

BAMF+
Thing about a 2-stroke, you KNOW what's there in the throttle, and you know where it is and how to access it. Yeah, a 4-stroke makes torque everywhere and keeps pulling, but there ain't no drama....not like your 2-stroke where you know there's a hidden adrenaline TREAT right there in your right hand! Just gotta get the brain to agree with the throttle twist...there's a time and place for everything! Two-stroke hit is a HUGE treat for me!!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I've tried for a couple hours to find valves for this fucking 2016 KTM250SX-F. No one has a complete set. I'd have to buy them from four different places. I'm trying to get Titanium, since that is what it has.
IF they have stock valves for it, they are twice the price of aftermarket! We're talking over $400.00!
Are the stock valves in them Titanium? I read somewhere Del West Ti are stock in them. Yeah, it comes stock with Titanium poppets.

Last edited:

r1racer

BAM
don't get the 250 thumper attraction.... heavy and little to no balls.... guys regularly get 200+ hrs on oem beta 2 stroke piston & rings.... no battery no problem, bump start carb'd smoker engine....

Stetson

BAMF
If I get another dirt bike, I'm thinking either lightweight 2 stroke or possibly electric. I'll just be trail riding. I've never even seen an electric dirt bike in person, so that's a bit of a speculation, but I like the idea of it, anyway. Last dirty bike was an XR650L

OP
Stites

Stites

Did a lot of reading this afternoon/evening and decided against the KTM. I will ride the KX a bit longer and probably sell it to get what I should of bought in the first place YZ250X

Sold quick as expected 53901AF0-91FE-483C-89B3-BE5D9B3AB1D5.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

While listening to Metallica, drinking a crown royal and working on the CR tonight I had a moment of clarity.

I don’t want to work on the CR, so I sold it.....gone in a hour. I realized that my lust for the KTM was just that lust......lust for a sexy bike. One that’s not suited for the style of riding I do. I also don’t want to work on my old YZ so tomorrow it’s going up for sale. I like to ride with my wife and kid and am just to plain busy running a business to be doing any bullshit projects.

I am going to start looking for a 2018, 2019 or 2020 YZ250X as I know without a doubt I will be happy on the two stroke especially one set up for woods riding.

With all that a small part of me wanted to use the power of the universe and make one man thousands of miles away cry and cringe at the mere thought that another LABs member was sporting the orange.

Dameon

BAMF+
Website
TurboHayabusa.org

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
My first choice if I was going to buy a bike tomorrow: Yamaha YZ-250X.....that's one fine motherfucker right there!! Best suspension, fantastic engine! You know why they haven't changed their design in years? Yep, they're at the top!
how well would it perform with 240 pound load on it. Especially after you've stalled out on a steep hill and have to get going again...reving the piss outa it and slipping the clutch till you smell BBQ. I’ve had a few 2 strokes over the years but that was many years ago.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I've had more 4 stroke dirt bikes, Not sure why, I guess just got used to them. Never did any MX riding so it was not an issue. I am rethinking this a little more now though.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm all for the 2 stroke..nothing comes close to the rush of a properly tuned nodded 2 stroke.

I had a 00 Banshee those dual Toomies would be singing on the power. An old friend that is a carb wizard tuned the bike, at idle each cylinder would pop a magical note, and started with one top center kick every time.

Where tge crazy banshee did not do well compared to the 4 strokes where PA rock and tree TIGHT trails. To get the bike around things you basically point power shot it and hoped for the best. While the four strokes had the lower grunt to walk through stuff.

But the Banshee was always more fun to ride sorry I sold that thing.

Top Bottom