Tach it up, Tach it up, Buddy gonna shut you down...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Looks like the government shutdown is a done-deal, at least for 24-hours (the Senate adjourned the current session without coming to a resolution).

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Three and a quarter hours is an eternity to a game show host.

The federal government is a bad fucking joke.
The shutdowns never mean anything. Eventually they arrive at a shitty deal and then brag about how they were able to restore governmental operations. They give everyone back pay. The federal debt continues to expand at a heartbreaking rate.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Well, if they're paying non-essential personnel for what amounts to extra days off, that works out to over $400m per day (learned that on the 'Reagan's Funeral Cost Estimate' thread:wink2:), and the 'blame-game' will be entertaining (Trump preemptively took responsibility for the shutdown last week [which I thought was a really bad move in front of news cameras] and this week he's blaming the Dems), so there's that...

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I created this thread mostly because I wanted to be the first one to broach the subject so I could use what I think is a really cool title.:bigsmile:

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Aaannnnddddd the republicunts are managing to shut down the quarter of the government that remains unbudgeted while they control every branch of government. They are managing to look like not-very-good managers. :fuckyou:

Aaannnnddddd the republicunts are managing to shut down the quarter of the government that remains unbudgeted while they control every branch of government.
They have House and Senate majorities, but they obviously don't "control" them. If they truly controlled them, this thread wouldn't exist.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
They need Dem Senators (nine, I think, provided every Rep is on board) to pass the resolution, so there's not too much they can do, and McConnell already said he wouldn't go nuclear- I think this was an inevitability.

Without a MAJOR concession on something they really want (wall funding was already offered by them and rejected when it was lumped in with DACA), the Dems are gonna just let it play out.

And what is the lefts' answer for border security? Obstruction, dismantle ICE, sanctuaries for illegals, etc. Nice fucking job Chuck and Nancy.....

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

JC

BAMF
We're all better off with the govt shutdown! Less govt is always better!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Still losing.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Fuck these cry baby democrats. They want to send billions over seas while we are borrowing money from china ( while giving china financial aid. WTF) but dont want to defend our borders. Funny how schumer, pelosi, and the rest of these traitorous pieces of shit have big walls around their homes though.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
2 years of the repunblicunts running the house, senate, and white house.
No wall.
Before they even gained a majority in the house, all of a sudden there's a manufactured crisis, it's all up to the Democrats to give trumpy his wall. :rotfl:

What gets me is the amount of idiots on TV crying that since they are missing a paycheck they can't afford food. You have a decent job and NO FALLBACK PLAN????????????????

I think that instead of a wall they should just have A-10's patrolling the border. See some illegals? BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more problems.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Irrespective of salaries (which are going to be paid eventually), this shutdown has cost the economy billions- if it lasts another couple weeks, it could exceed the money Trump wants for the wall:

“We estimated that this shutdown could shave approximately $1.2 billion off real GDP in the quarter for each week that part of the government is closed. That may seem like pennies for the world’s biggest economy, but it means a lot to those workers trying to cover their household costs without their paychecks,” Beth Ann Bovino, S&P’s chief U.S. economist, said in a note on Friday.

The last shutdown had a pretty negative effect on GDP growth:

The shutdown in 2013, which lasted 16 days, shaved 0.4 percent off GDP in the fourth quarter of 2013. Alexander pointed out that payments to government contractors are likely to be affected as well as home sales because of delays in federal loans.

J.P. Morgan economists have already cut their first-quarter growth forecast by a quarter point to 2 percent because of the shutdown. Bank of America Merrill Lynch economists shaved 0.1 percentage point from fourth-quarter growth, bringing that forecast to 2.8 percent, due to the shutdown.

If the shutdown lasts two more weeks, the cost to the economy will exceed price of Trump's wall

Snail

Still losing.

busa10

BAMF
Supposedly this is only 1/10 of 1% of the federal budget. Pure politics. Stupid ass democrats.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
And a mere 35 days after I started this thread, it's over (at least for now). By the WH's own estimate of 0.13% per week, this shutdown will have cut ~0.65 off the 1st quarter 2019 GDP number.

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Come on, ya gotta be fair- while he never broke 3% for an entire year, Obama did break 4% four times (including one quarter where he broke 5%). Trump is gonna end up over 3% for 2018, so he gets big props for that.

Yeah, that was said tongue in cheek with the lol at the end. I couldn't resist

Snail

And no wall. But NEXT month by golly he'll stand firm about that, he really means it, next time.

Snail

Swamp 1 Turnip 0

OP
OP
gobrian77

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Top Bottom