SxS Thread

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I put a ton of parts on my YXZ this weekend. Installed the spare tire mount, roof, windshield, interior padding, cargo box and rear window. I still have a bunch of lights to install. I have a 42" light bar, rock lights, lighted whips, rear facing light pods and front facing amber light pods that need to be installed and wired. I got a pretty cool bluetooth switch/fuse/relay thingy that should make it a little easier to install all that stuff.

I installed some 5 point harnesses and a Magellan TRX7 CS gps already as well.

I've gone out for a few rides so far and I'm loving this thing.

I did a 95mile ride with a few friends from the track at Chuckwalla to the Salton Sea and back. It was super fun and we saw a bunch of cool stuff.

Polaris Ride Command

I spent last weekend with my buddy and some of his family out at Stoddard Wells OHV. We explored a bunch of the area pretty much all day saturday.

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
And finally started building the cage this week!! Going to be so bad ass!!

I need to order harnesses for the new cage as the seat belts will not work. Also going to remove all the decals and add full doors from the aftermarket.

8EBD0290-D3CF-4C54-AEFA-AC84A27C7A23.jpeg

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
And finally started building the cage this week!! Going to be so bad ass!!

I need to order harnesses for the new cage as the seat belts will not work. Also going to remove all the decals and add full doors from the aftermarket.

View attachment 50859
Dont forget that when you put in harnesses you will need to cut and splice the safety wire on the drivers seat belt. There are plugs for it, I just cut the connector off and soldered/shrank it. If you don’t it puts you in slow mode and that sucks. Google it for more info

Vegas12

BAMF+
Dont forget that when you put in harnesses you will need to cut and splice the safety wire on the drivers seat belt. There are plugs for it, I just cut the connector off and soldered/shrank it. If you don’t it puts you in slow mode and that sucks. Google it for more info
Wonder if you can just put a replacement insert into the latch....Scott could whip that up in a minute.

When I went from my '12 to my '19, I wasn't aware of the seat belt safety retard thingy.

I'd bought my car from a dealer in Utah and had it shipped.......I thought I got fucked when it wouldn't run worth a shit without the seat belt attached!!!

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Wonder if you can just put a replacement insert into the latch....Scott could whip that up in a minute.

When I went from my '12 to my '19, I wasn't aware of the seat belt safety retard thingy.

I'd bought my car from a dealer in Utah and had it shipped.......I thought I got fucked when it wouldn't run worth a shit without the seat belt attached!!!
they sell the device to just click in to fool it. Most people take all the stock belt stuff out as I’m sure you know. I threw all stock seatbelt crap away. Harness up even for little front yard hits these days!

A1E67525-F249-49EA-9836-F553AEC7B9A4.jpeg

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I had a great time exploring the desert around Chuckwalla this weekend. I was out there for three days and we did a big group ride every day. We did some rock crawling yesterday, pretty knarly stuff. I'm glad I was with a big group of drivers with experience because some of the stuff we went through I would not have thought you could drive. It's pretty amazing what these things can go over.

BigGar

high on placebo
Now can you get that cage into a reasonably sized container for shipping with instructions a punter like me could follow and install with regular hand tools and not cutting into the original framework?

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Now can you get that cage into a reasonably sized container for shipping with instructions a punter like me could follow and install with regular hand tools and not cutting into the original framework?
Shipping a big ass cage is usually a deal killer

BigGar

high on placebo
I agree, but is there a way to design and build a truly stout cage like yours that could be bolted together using your bespoke billet joinery?

Bandit Man

BAMF
Shipping a big ass cage is usually a deal killer
People will pay the freight for quality safety equipment. Especially if they can get others to buy and get a few sent out at the time on the same pallet. At Yamaha we were a Dragonfire dealer and had people coming from all over to pick up the cages and seats.

BigGar

high on placebo
I don’t think so
What if you were able to build billet inserts that would cause the joint to become exponentially stronger than a regular slip-joint with a bolt holding it?
Kind of like some of that bitchin' Japanese (or other) wood joinery that's pressed in or bonded in place THEN pinned or bolted upon assembly?

Bandit Man

BAMF
What if you were able to build billet inserts that would cause the joint to become exponentially stronger than a regular slip-joint with a bolt holding it?
Kind of like some of that bitchin' Japanese (or other) wood joinery that's pressed in or bonded in place THEN pinned or bolted upon assembly?
These work great. They have enough shoulder to rosette weld as well as full circumference.

Capture+_2021-01-08-10-15-26-1.png

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
cool... you doing the roof/basket/tire thing next?
I like the tabs they put in... is that by your design?
Did you happen to get any weights before?

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
It did really well in 2 ft today with little to no issues. Once we started getting in 3 ft plus it was pushing snow on the front as well as the tires. I was absolutely amazed at how well it did in the snow
How deep can it get thru without worrying about getting stuck?

• Red
Reactions: Red

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Was telling the wife today I am going to remove that as well and replace it with “Money Pit”
You do carry a spare belt and know how to change it, correct? If not, practice in the warm garage. I’m betting you do

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
I
You do carry a spare belt and know how to change it, correct? If not, practice in the warm garage. I’m betting you do
I have never done it, watched the videos and do carry one. I think I am mechanical enough to do it with no issues

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Snowed 3 or so inches at the house last night which means up top most likely got 6-12 inches.

Took the money put out today to play. Didn’t get any pictures of the top of the mountain but it was deep hard frozen shit that was fun but difficult to plow through. At one point we got stuck and had to back out and take several stabs at one particular climb. Nothing like full throttle and only going 1-2 mph.

I have learned with this machine to hug the edges of what ever road we are on as typically there is small bushes or rocks that provide tons of traction.

Muddy as hell at the bottom so I spent a hour pressure washing it afterwards.

FE6E153E-EE6F-47F1-915F-7AAF6C82827D.jpegE7D56961-1783-4573-ACB3-34F85228C073.jpeg5FFA4666-7A51-4C73-ABA5-A62FDBF88F6B.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Side note:

I will be adding full doors and the roof soon as this bitch flings mud and snow in the car and we were all muddy afterwards and the inside of the car was covered with mud and snow.

Top Bottom