Suzuki V-Strom

whipit1K

BAMF
I have had a ton of the old ones....I still buy them all the time. Need to get up to Connecticut to get one I bought a few weeks ago. It's a lot of bike for hardly any $ these days.

But as far as the newer ones go, I am a little clueless.

I did test ride a 14 model DL1000 at a dealer in 2015 before I bought my Super Tenere. The 14 model is second generation and is a much nicer ride than the first gen (02-13)

Great mile eater, and that motor is a gem, typical suzuki, you will never kill it.
But damn they had a golden opportunity with the newest version to put some decent suspension under it
and make it competitive against the established players, yet they stuck with the same philosophy, a value based
choice with an adventuresque look for those who dont need any real offroad capability.
Still a great, bombproof and comfortable commuter though.

hedgehog

BAMF
The 650 sold like hot cakes here, and for good reason.

They’re the kind of bike you can commute on every day, then on the weekend throw a set of throw over bags on and ride to Germany without having to think twice about it.

Comfortable (even for a lanky great streak of piss like me), enough poke, and dead reliable.

What more does the average rider need?

Ed

What they said :up: ...if you're looking at the 1000 they share the same strengths/liabilities with the SV (stator magnets/clutch basket/electrical preventive measures needed) but punchy fun to ride.

ZRX4ME

BAMF
I had a 2018 1000. was a nice bike. Reliable, great seat, pillion and suspension. Handled like a big supermoto. Good torque for coming out of corners. Just not quite fast enough to give me that little adrenaline rush. Enjoyed my time with it, but would not buy one again unless big S upped the HP. For what they charge they should.

IMG_0317.JPG

I had a 2014 1000cc back when I lived in San Diego for a few years. Bought it new in late 2016 for a song. Great midrange pull but got wheezy in the upper revs. Regardless I never felt like it needed more power. Handled great in the turns too.

Reactions: Ed

whipit1K

BAMF
I had a 2018 1000. was a nice bike. Reliable, great seat, pillion and suspension. Handled like a big supermoto. Good torque for coming out of corners. Just not quite fast enough to give me that little adrenaline rush. Enjoyed my time with it, but would not buy one again unless big S upped the HP. For what they charge they should.

View attachment 71280
good looking bike

Top Bottom